E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 328 vs M6 Driver.......haha

04-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #23
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigito View Post
Exactly. Get your ass out of the left lane if your not passing someone. Will people ever learn. I love the fact that he's breaking the law by holding up the M6 but the M6 driver is the jerk. YOU ARE NOT THE KEEPER OF THE SPEED. It doesn't matter if you were going 100. SLOWER TRAFFIC MOVE RIGHT.
Come on man. . . . theres a difference between doing like 65-80 in the fast lane and holding someone up, versus already doing 90-100 in the "fast lane" and someone wanting to pass you up like that. If someone was being an ass hole like this dude in the M6, would you have bent over backwards to please him and move over?

Like I said, there is a difference between someone trying to do a text book style pass, and someone like the guy in the M6 that is just being excessive.

And I asked this question in traffic school and my idiot instructor "didn't know what I was talking about." I asked, "whats this about a 'fast lane' if everyone on all lanes of the freeway is technically supposed to be doing the legal limit of 65 anyway? This isn't Germany, where the Autobahn actually has a slow and fast lane. . . a fast lane with no limit of course."

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Exactly. Get your ass out of the left lane if your not passing someone. Will people ever learn. I love the fact that he's breaking the law by holding up the M6 but the M6 driver is the jerk. YOU ARE NOT THE KEEPER OF THE SPEED. It doesn't matter if you were going 100. SLOWER TRAFFIC MOVE RIGHT.
I totally disagree with that. The speed limit is 65 on California highway. I do 75-80...which I find is a decent speed to keep pace with most cars IN ANY LANE. If some asshole is doing triple digit, no way am I going to go around for him.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #25
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I totally disagree with that. The speed limit is 65 on California highway. I do 75-80...which I find is a decent speed to keep pace with most cars IN ANY LANE. If some asshole is doing triple digit, no way am I going to go around for him.
The left lane is the passing lane. If someone wants to pass you in that lane, no matter how fast they are going, you should move over. It's not your job to regulate someone else's speed.

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
Shinobi
Addicted to AutoX
Rep
Drives: Modded e46

Has anyone here driven the autobahn in Germany? Its such a joy to drive there due to 2 simple rules: slower traffic on the right and passing only on the left. It flows so well. I was cruising along in a rental e90 at 200km/hr (120 miles/hr) no problem, and my friend in his brand new Porsche GT3 was doing 280km (173 miles/hr)! Its so frustrating here...I can't even maintain 75miles in the left lane on a drive down to San Diego at 5am in the morning! I'm ALWAYS running into someone absolutely planted in the left lane going slower then everyone else.

Without a doubt, my biggest pet peeve on the roads. I hate to pass on the right, but I'm forced to. If people followed these simple rules, regardless of speed, traffic would flow alot better IMO. We can only talk about and dream about it here, but there is living proof that its possible. Of course, they do have much better driver education there and its not nearly as easy to get a drivers license compared to here. Sigh....
      04-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #27
Craigito
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16' F82 M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Come on man. . . . theres a difference between doing like 65-80 in the fast lane and holding someone up, versus already doing 90-100 in the "fast lane" and someone wanting to pass you up like that. If someone was being an ass hole like this dude in the M6, would you have bent over backwards to please him and move over?

Like I said, there is a difference between someone trying to do a text book style pass, and someone like the guy in the M6 that is just being excessive.

And I asked this question in traffic school and my idiot instructor "didn't know what I was talking about." I asked, "whats this about a 'fast lane' if everyone on all lanes of the freeway is technically supposed to be doing the legal limit of 65 anyway? This isn't Germany, where the Autobahn actually has a slow and fast lane. . . a fast lane with no limit of course."
I don't see the difference. If you are slower, then get over. Plain and simple. You are not entitled to that lane just because you're already there. You're not "bending over backwards", you're obeying the law. I rarely get flashed because I don't drive in the left lane unless I'm passing someone. I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver, but clearly the OP's BF was in the wrong here and to post this ....eh...Jerk off M6 driver...is clearly not a fair statement. Go ask what the M6 driver would say. "I flashed this guy multiple times in the fast lane to let me go by and he just sat there completely oblivious"

I don't care how fast you drive on the freeway, if everybody is doing 90, then do 90 and keep the flow. My big problem is those people who drive at a speed impeeding the flow of traffic and then forcing someone to perform an illegal maneuver themselves (passing on the right in this case).

Unfortunately, many drivers clearly do not understand this concept. Just because you don't like being flashed doesn't give you the right to say..."oh...so you want to flash me huh? Let's see how you like it if I just sit here and do nothing" This kind of thinking leads to this kind of aggressive overtaking maneuvers.

I'm so tired of having to pass people on the right due to these kinds of drivers so I have no sympathy in the manner.

Again, I'm not a perfect driver, but this is my No. 1 pet peeve of driving on freeways. My point is is that none of this flashing/agressive overtaking would even happen if the driver had just been in the proper lane (or had moved over when flashed as he shold have)

All that being said, I wasn't there so can't fully speak to who was right/wrong.

Current Ride 2016 M4 / Mineral Gray / DCT/ Full Black Leather / 19in Gunmetal / Executive /LED/Ohlinds RT/SSR DP-CP-Intake/AP Essex 9668/Bootmod STG 2/DINAN HE
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #28
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

If I see a badass car coming up fast behind me flashing their brights, I'd get over even if I was doing 90MPH. Especially if it was a fellow bimmer.

I usually cruise at 82MPH on the way to and from work everyday, and most of the time this isn't even fast enough as many people pass me. Speed limit is 1/2 70MPH and 1/2 65MPH
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
johnc_22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
Has anyone here driven the autobahn in Germany? Its such a joy to drive there due to 2 simple rules: slower traffic on the right and passing only on the left. It flows so well. I was cruising along in a rental e90 at 200km/hr (120 miles/hr) no problem, and my friend in his brand new Porsche GT3 was doing 280km (173 miles/hr)! Its so frustrating here...I can't even maintain 75miles in the left lane on a drive down to San Diego at 5am in the morning! I'm ALWAYS running into someone absolutely planted in the left lane going slower then everyone else. Without a doubt, my biggest pet peeve on the roads . I hate to pass on the right, but I'm forced to. If people followed these simple rules, regardless of speed, traffic would flow alot better IMO.
Same shit in Atlanta. And yes, driving on the autobahn and then coming back to the fools in Atlanta yacking on their cell phones, taking 100 yards to change a lane, hogging the left lane to do the speed limit - all of it was culture shock coming back.
      04-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #30
Craigito
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4   [10.00]
Quote:
His speed...your speed. None of this matters. The fact that you think you're going "FAST ENOUGH" is the root of the problem. Unless you are passing someone, you should not be in the left lane. The fact that someone comes up on you in the fast lane doing 100 and so you think he's driving too fast so your gonna teach him a lesson by not getting over and making him go around you is your flaw. A lot of people want to play Mom and Dad and teach other people lessons on the road. You're just breaking the law and causing more problems by not letting faster drivers pass.

Let me put it this way. Let's say there is a group of cars coming up behind you doing 85 and you think your going "Fast Enough" so you're not gonna move out of the left lane. Clearly everybody is over the speed limit but all going with the flow of traffic. So you force everybody to go around you on the right. You would more likely get a ticket for causing all those people to go around you then they would for doing 85. Get it?

Current Ride 2016 M4 / Mineral Gray / DCT/ Full Black Leather / 19in Gunmetal / Executive /LED/Ohlinds RT/SSR DP-CP-Intake/AP Essex 9668/Bootmod STG 2/DINAN HE
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #31
Shinobi
Addicted to AutoX
Rep
Drives: Modded e46

Quote:
His speed...your speed. None of this matters. The fact that you think you're going "FAST ENOUGH" is the root of the problem. Unless you are passing someone, you should not be in the left lane. The fact that someone comes up on you in the fast lane doing 100 and so you think he's driving too fast so your gonna teach him a lesson by not getting over and making him go around you is your flaw. A lot of people want to play Mom and Dad and teach other people lessons on the road. You're just breaking the law and causing more problems by not letting faster drivers pass.

Let me put it this way. Let's say there is a group of cars coming up behind you doing 85 and you think your going "Fast Enough" so you're not gonna move out of the left lane. Clearly everybody is over the speed limit but all going with the flow of traffic. So you force everybody to go around you on the right. You would more likely get a ticket for causing all those people to go around you then they would for doing 85. Get it?

and pretty much any arguments about speed are negated when admitting that the speed limits are routinely ignored and broken as is. At that point, who's to say how much over the limit is acceptable? As fast as the current flow of traffic (which varies), or as safe as the conditions allow? Slow traffic on the right, passing on the left. I cannot believe how difficult it is for alot of people (in America) to comprehend this.
      04-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

LOL your joking right this isn't Germany I'd never move over in that situation I can see if I was slowing traffic down then thats one thing but If I'm moving with the flow of traffic thats another. As far as I'm concerned that fucker could wait behind me till he's grey I dunno anywhere in the California law book that says if someone comes up flashing you at 80-100mph then move over UM HELL NO!. And matter of fact the lane I was in was the Carpool lane and it ended right before he decided to get behind me. And if he wasn't an asshole why take off like a bat out of hell just to get off the next exit ?. Also there was about 4-5 other lanes for him to be in why he jumped behind me and then flash me was beyond me, anyway you slice it he's the asshole. But thanks for the driving lesson I'll remember to stay out the "Passing lane" aka Carpool lane.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #33
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
This thread was harder to read than reciting the declaration of independence after twelve shots of Bacardi 151. P.S. the M6 would walk the 335, I've driven a few.

Not mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #34
Craigito
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
LOL your joking right this isn't Germany I'd never move over in that situation I can see if I was slowing traffic down then thats one thing but If I'm moving with the flow of traffic thats another. As far as I'm concerned that fucker could wait behind me till he's grey I dunno anywhere in the California law book that says if someone comes up flashing you at 80-100mph then move over UM HELL NO!. And matter of fact the lane I was in was the Carpool lane and it ended right before he decided to get behind me. And if he wasn't an asshole why take off like a bat out of hell just to get off the next exit ?. Also there was about 4-5 other lanes for him to be in why he jumped behind me and then flash me was beyond me, anyway you slice it he's the asshole. But thanks for the driving lesson I'll remember to stay out the "Passing lane" aka Carpool lane.
Obviously my comments don't apply to an HOV lane.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
It's the law in all states AFAIK. Slower traffic keep right. The left lane is the passing lane. Here is what CA vehicle code has to say on the matter:

"21753. Except when passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall safely move to the right-hand side of the highway in favor of the overtaking vehicle after an audible signal or a momentary flash of headlights by the overtaking vehicle, and shall not increase the speed of his or her vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle. This section does not require the driver of an overtaken vehicle to drive on the shoulder of the highway in order to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass."
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #36
JonMartinsGirl
Bimmer Lover
Rep
Drives: My horse yeehaww

Quote:
Not mine.

lol
I second that, I actually remember a night when Jon um walked an M6 with me in it. But of course someone will say damn he didn't know how to drive, or fell asleep at the wheel, or some crap like that right? Either way I witnessed with my own eyes him beating up an M6 pretty bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #37
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
nobody picks on me. maybe 'cause i stick to the speed limit and the right lane. lol.
      04-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #38
JonMartinsGirl
Bimmer Lover
Rep
Drives: My horse yeehaww

Quote:
Exactly! That is the speed limit out here....
I totally agree, just cause some dude decided oh hey I wanna flash the hell out of you and go about 120, doesn't mean that we should move the hell out of the way. Wait and in a carpool lane too? Oh and might I add there were about 4 other lanes open for him on the road, this wasn't a 2 lane highway. Now if it's a 2 lane highway then yes, you should move over and let someone pass, but he had plenty of other lanes to get in. Botton line he was just being an asshole.

Last edited by JonMartinsGirl; 04-06-2008 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #39
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Actually the asswipe in the M6 vert came up behind me in the fast lane I was doing about 75-80 already. And he decided it was a good idea to flash his High beams at me as if I was somehow driving slow I just ignored him and continued to mind my own business until he decided that it would be a great idea to do a ricer fly by and cut me off! at first I was like eh whatever. But the racer on my shoulder was like "go flash his ass back". So I got on it for a second and he looked like he was just about to exit and then he saw me coming up behind him so I continued to floor it and so did he to the 328 limiter (155) and since that M6 is also limited (155) he never passed me until I brake checked his ass hard and he had to swerve to the right. He then just took off full speed till the next exit. I thought that ass hat was pretty funny in his lil M6, I might like to race people occasionally but I've never just came up behind anyone flashing high beams like I was playing Tokyo extreme racer!. I say to the Lame M6 owner. I hope he figured out it was a 328i that he couldnt pass up to fuck up his ego a lil more. ahhh I can't wait to get back in the game.
ya it's pretty funny, especially if he pulled a gun on you or followed you all the way home with his buddies... you don't know why he was driving fast, there can be many reasons, he even flashed for you to move over which you should of done instead of playing a hero trying to impress your girl on how badass you are... I see it all the time here, some retard in the left lane always going at the same pace as every other lane, if you see a car going faster then you MOVE THE F@#CK OVER or will it hurt your ego so much to do so?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #40
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
ya it's pretty funny, especially if he pulled a gun on you or followed you all the way home with his buddies... you don't know why he was driving fast, there can be many reasons, he even flashed for you to move over which you should of done instead of playing a hero trying to impress your girl on how badass you are... I see it all the time here, some retard in the left lane always going at the same pace as every other lane, if you see a car going faster then you MOVE THE F@#CK OVER or will it hurt your ego so much to do so?
Thats so dumb I won't even reply.....
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #41
Craigito
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMartinsGirl View Post
Exactly! That is the speed limit out here....
I totally agree, just cause some dude decided oh hey I wanna flash the hell out of you and go about 120, doesn't mean that we should move the hell out of the way. Wait and in a carpool lane too? Oh and might I add there were about 4 other lanes open for him on the road, this wasn't a 2 lane highway. Now if it's a 2 lane highway then yes, you should move over and let someone pass, but he had plenty of other lanes to get in. Botton line he was just being an asshole.
The law does not differentiate between a 2 lane highway and 6-lane Interstate. Overtaken vehicles are expected to move over. You guys were in an HOV lane so this doesn't apply since you have nowhere to go. That is a big detail you left out of the OP.

However, all the stuff that happened after...the speeding...the brake checking nonsense...speaks volumes about the drivers maturity level and doesn't impress anybody here.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #42
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thats so dumb I won't even reply.....
what are you 18 years of age still in HS or something ?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #43
flush01
Major
Rep

Quote:
The law does not differentiate between a 2 lane highway and 6-lane Interstate. Overtaken vehicles are expected to move over. You guys were in an HOV lane so this doesn't apply since you have nowhere to go. That is a big detail you left out of the OP.

However, all the stuff that happened after...the speeding...the brake checking nonsense...speaks volumes about the drivers maturity level and doesn't impress anybody here.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #44
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:

Sorry pal but you're wrong. You were holding him up. No matter how you try and get around it you're wrong. When I was in Italy last year I was amazed at how they drove. People just fly there on the highways. As soon as they passed somebody they got the fuck over to the right. It's pretty simple. They also put their left signal on as they're flying by you. I also think you're full of shit. One second you say you're in the fast lane and then next its the HOV. Please.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0