E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Biceps wont gain

09-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #67
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
I meant that biceps are accessory muscles. The triceps are one of the primary muscles for pushing.
Weighted dips FTW!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #68
JRob23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Triceps are an accessory as well my friend

The pecs are the primary mover in a chest press as their function is to draw the arm across the body as well as internal or medial rotation of the humerus.

The triceps function is to provide extension at the elbow joint...i.e straightening of the arm. Therefore it acts as an accessory to the pecs in a chest press.

Just because your triceps get sore or pumped from pressing, doesn't mean they are a prime mover. You just may be having a hard time targeting the intended muscle.

When lifting a weight, the body isn't thinking I want bigger pecs or I want bigger shoulders, it's thinking get this weight off of me and it will do so however it can. In this case, it will call on all "accessory" muscles possible. Hence why your anterior (or front) deltoids will also get sore in chest pressing movements.

Same rule applies with overhead shoulder pressing. This is part function of combined groups of muscles (as almost in all exercises), but the anterior deltoid is the main mover. Your triceps will "assist" in pressing overhead and if you make the mistake like most people and raise the weight to just about lockout, taking the load off the intended muscle and placing it on to your joints and triceps, you may get triceps soreness from this too.

This doesn't mean your triceps are a primary mover.

This concludes our session (jk lol) and also if you may be trolling

I wish you much success in all of your fitness goals.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #69
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
Triceps are an accessory as well my friend

The pecs are the primary mover in a chest press as their function is to draw the arm across the body as well as internal or medial rotation of the humerus.

The triceps function is to provide extension at the elbow joint...i.e straightening of the arm. Therefore it acts as an accessory to the pecs in a chest press.

Just because your triceps get sore or pumped from pressing, doesn't mean they are a prime mover. You just may be having a hard time targeting the intended muscle.

When lifting a weight, the body isn't thinking I want bigger pecs or I want bigger shoulders, it's thinking get this weight off of me and it will do so however it can. In this case, it will call on all "accessory" muscles possible. Hence why your anterior (or front) deltoids will also get sore in chest pressing movements.

Same rule applies with overhead shoulder pressing. This is part function of combined groups of muscles (as almost in all exercises), but the anterior deltoid is the main mover. Your triceps will "assist" in pressing overhead and if you make the mistake like most people and raise the weight to just about lockout, taking the load off the intended muscle and placing it on to your joints and triceps, you may get triceps soreness from this too.

This doesn't mean your triceps are a primary mover.

This concludes our session (jk lol) and also if you may be trolling

I wish you much success in all of your fitness goals.

when i do pressing workouts i feel it more in my shoulders, triceps, and front delts. Usually across the body like flys work the chest most.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #70
reelop19
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Gvt
Gvt
Gvt
Gvt
Gvt
Appreciate 0