E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > [turb0mike] Need Help with Douchey LA Cop!!!

01-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
FrankiE90
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Krooked Sk8board

wing on or wing off Mike?
u should've offer'd him ur in-n-out.

basically he gave u the mexican stand-off with the
eye to eye. Then he trail'd u and ran ur plate. prob'ly
found nothing n cont. to trail'd u till u f'd up. Hommie u did
a cali-roll and he went whoop- woop!

He was finding a reason to pull ur azz over.
bro cheer up - just fight that ticket
and hope for the best. If u did a full complete stop,
the camera would have caught it - but i'm sure he was counting
1-100, 2-100...
he wouldn't have put the sirens up if he didn't have the evidence.

westside pd pain in the behind - majority (all) of my
no front license is from the westside.
      01-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #24
acdHQK713K
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

With all the mods on your car seems pretty lucky he didn't ask you to pop the hood. Hello pain in the ass fix it ticket and smog request....
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Should install a dash cam camera. I am thinking about getting one in case I get framed by a police in these situations.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #26
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
To everyone, I already have a "fix it" ticket for my straight pipes. And yes, I am 100% I stopped at the stop sign. He was going to pull me over for anything. He let another person go just to tail me. Fucking ridiculous. I wasn't even being loud when I passed him: like 30mph in 2nd........

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #27
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

unless you're a psychic, you really have no idea what was going on when he was interacting with the other person, only what you perceived and assumed what happened.

second, if he's walking up and you're digging around in your glovebox, you're going to get a negative reaction. its common sense that cops want your hands where they can see them.
      01-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

1. Don't make unnecessary eye contact with cops. They look for it, if you don't look at them it makes it harder for them to initiate any contact with you.
2. Your heavily modified car is always going to be a target, as are age, race, dress etc.

Driving with straight pipes is 100 times worse than driving while black. I wished cops here would pull more of these guys over, you realise it's extremely antisocial..?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Sometimes life sucks. Its a he said - he said & the cop holds all the aces. Pay the ticket & move on.

If its a points ticket pay the traffic lawyer, get it plea bargained to no points & move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Pay the man, you will never win.
Worst advice ever. Stop sign tickets are the easiest to fight. Trial by written declaration will get you out of 80% of your tickets. Just by writing in you already have a great chance of winning.

Never say anything to a cop. Take the ticket and fight it. I also mess with them psychologically, I figure its for wasting my time lol. One time a cop pulled me over for plates and I told him to give me a ticket for my tints as well since I had those on and I know they're illegal. His response: " Whats wrong with you?!?!" and proceeds to give me my papers back and lets me off the hook with everything lol. haha
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #30
cotenseto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: B6 S4

I live on the opposite coast but the same kind of crap happened to me a few years ago.

I was stopped at a T intersection (3 way stop) and saw the cop sitting in his car pulled over on the side of the road to my left. I looked him in the face, stopped at the sign, and proceeded.

He pulled me over, said I ran the stop sign, and almost ran over a pregnant woman. There was no one else in the area unless she was invisible. I said what woman? He said she just went into her house... riiight.

I went to fight the ticket, and in court they said did you stop? I said yes. They said what is your definition of a stop? I said all my wheels and tires were completely stopped and then I began. They said for how long? I said at least a second. Then the cop interjects, PA law requires 3 seconds as the minimum length for a full stop. So based on that, you could stop completely for 2 seconds, and it is considered by the law you didn't stop.

They offered to drop it to "disobey a traffic control device" to eliminate the points. I still thought it was major BS but figured I am never gonna get off scott free (they want the money) so just suck it up to road tax. Afterall, regardless of what you admit here, we both know you probably break driving related laws every single day. Sometimes the universe dings you unfairly but in the end you probably get away with way more than you are caught for.

My advice is fight it, without a lawyer, hopefully they drop the points, and move on. Good luck.

c
      01-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #31
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335i

I live a couple blocks away from there and let me tell you, those cops are the biggest jokes I've ever seen in my life. I was driving down Veteran going towards Gayley and I was hitting every green, but if you've ever been down the road you would know that for a lowered car that street sucks so I was going only around 25-30. As I'm going down right by the fire station I see a cop stopped at the light trying to make a left onto veteran (the opposite direction I'm going) I finally make it to the light on Gayley and out of no where I see the cop flying down towards me with his sirens on, me being within a block away from my house and I'm like great what now. I pull over and he says that my tail lights and windows are illegally tinted. I have blacklines... who in their right mind would put tint on blacklines and secondly my front windows were rolled down even when I passed him but they are technically illegally tinted. After he returned my license and registration I had to get out of my car and literally make him feel the taillights to prove that there was zero tint what so ever on it and that it is a genuine BMW part, after I told him that my windows were legally tinted due to the fact that you only cant have the windshield and front two windows tinted, and since mine were rolled down the entire time that there is no real evidence for pulling me over. He then backed off a little but still had the nerve to ask me where I go to school, if I work, where I was coming from. Finally after answering, he radioed in to his little squad that I didn't steal the car, he said that if I'm ever caught in westwood again he'll make sure I get a ticket! That idiot... I feel your pain mike, they will do anything to pull you over there. Best of luck with your ticket
      01-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Cali is the easiest state to beat tickets. I've been guilty of ZERO of my speeding tickets out of I'd say 10. What you do is:

Go to court and request a continuance on your ARRAIGNMENT. Yes. Some courts let you do that, so that's step one.

If you can't get a continuance on the arraignment. Wait until the due date on that ticket and go to court for a Trial by Declaration form. You have to pay your ticket at the same time but it'll get refunded when you win.

Wait until the due date for the TBD to turn it in. By the time this rolls around, it's already been maybe half a year and I can almost guarantee the cop will either have forgotten the events of the day or just not bother to file a response to your TBD.

*** The real battle is fought in court, not on the streets. Most low-level crooks don't know this. Hence, low-level crooks.

*** Cops get paid OVERTIME for appearing in court to demolish you. Well... Mostly it's the judge that will demolish you and not give two sh*ts about your case UNLESS you get VERY, VERY technical. This is why every cop who's leaving the traffic court gets a sh*t-eating grin on their face when leaving. They don't get paid anything for responding to your TBD.

Next time you get pulled over, just shut up and take the ticket politely and be as forgettable as possible. No use fighting a ticket on the street. It's a coin-flip and unless you're that good whore Barbie Cummings who's going to blow her way out of a ticket, you most likely won't influence the officer's decision to ticket you.

If all else fails, you get one traffic school every 18 months. Sooo TIME your tickets. If you know you've used the traffic school, then TBD. Or else, always take traffic school as a priority.
      01-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #33
335iJWC
~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 335i-M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Cali is the easiest state to beat tickets. I've been guilty of ZERO of my speeding tickets out of I'd say 10. What you do is:

Go to court and request a continuance on your ARRAIGNMENT. Yes. Some courts let you do that, so that's step one.

If you can't get a continuance on the arraignment. Wait until the due date on that ticket and go to court for a Trial by Declaration form. You have to pay your ticket at the same time but it'll get refunded when you win.

Wait until the due date for the TBD to turn it in. By the time this rolls around, it's already been maybe half a year and I can almost guarantee the cop will either have forgotten the events of the day or just not bother to file a response to your TBD.

*** The real battle is fought in court, not on the streets. Most low-level crooks don't know this. Hence, low-level crooks.

*** Cops get paid OVERTIME for appearing in court to demolish you. Well... Mostly it's the judge that will demolish you and not give two sh*ts about your case UNLESS you get VERY, VERY technical. This is why every cop who's leaving the traffic court gets a sh*t-eating grin on their face when leaving. They don't get paid anything for responding to your TBD.

Next time you get pulled over, just shut up and take the ticket politely and be as forgettable as possible. No use fighting a ticket on the street. It's a coin-flip and unless you're that good whore Barbie Cummings who's going to blow her way out of a ticket, you most likely won't influence the officer's decision to ticket you.

If all else fails, you get one traffic school every 18 months. Sooo TIME your tickets. If you know you've used the traffic school, then TBD. Or else, always take traffic school as a priority.
+1 first you ask for an extension then TBD and in my case by the time it was due, it had been almost a year.
      08-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #34
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

any update on this ticket. would like to know what happened.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #35
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

im on gayley and at westwood 1-2x a week. i swear theres never been a time i haven't seen someone get pulled over... those campus 5-0's love to stop people. and those that always speed on gayley NEVER get caught, its always for slow moving traffic shit.

hope you resolved the ticket with no problems.
      09-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #36
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
any update on this ticket. would like to know what happened.
I just paid it. Not worth the fight really and I just did traffic school. Ended up being like 200 overall or something like that.

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0