E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > One more for the ladies: Pick your favorite!

03-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #23
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
For some reason I don't really like the Yacht-Master very much, I mean I am not saying it's bad or anything, but I wouldn't choose it over any of the others. I think it's the larger font numbers. I like things small and precise.
You're the first woman I've encountered who doesn't like the Yacht-Master....next time you're at a jewelry store that sells Rolex, ask them to break out a Yacht-Master...I'll bet you like it more when you see it in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #24
Yaajer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ActiveHybrid 3, X5

Why do people buy Rolex's?

Also, why are we, Americans, so "into" material possesion as a whole? I admit, at one point I was a label whore and such, but looking back, I realized that was one of the dumbest periods of my life.
      03-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #25
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John
Citizen makes a darn fine, respectable watch. You should take a photo.

i will if i remember later. my camera's in my car which my boyfriend took to work today.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #26
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaajer

Also, why are we, Americans, so "into" material possesion as a whole? I admit, at one point I was a label whore and such, but looking back, I realized that was one of the dumbest periods of my life.
Haven't you ever listened to Madonna?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #27
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
The Daytona an old guy's watch?!?

LOL! Not old guy....more mature guy.

I can't see it being the first pick of most under 35. But definitely a nice classy watch for those with a refined mature taste. Do not have to be old to be mature. (and just because you are old, does not mean you are mature either...LOL!)

Well...that is just the impression I get from the pics. I guess I would have to seem them all in person..on my wrist to really make the right decision!
Well, you're right...the all stainless 16610 Submariner is the choice of most younger guys...it's the most popular watch in the Rolex Professional series of watches (the Datejust is Rolex's best seller overall, and truly an "old man's" watch. ).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #28
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, you're right...the all stainless 16610 Submariner is the choice of most younger guys...it's the most popular watch in the Rolex Professional series of watches (the Datejust is Rolex's best seller overall, and truly an "old man's" watch. ).
So you don't think the datejust, even with the oyster bracelet, is sporty?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #29
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

In Japan, Rolex is practically standard issue...an in Itally, you'd think they were handing them out at airports. Sadly, most Americans don't value a quality timepiece the way other cultures abroad do. :mad:

...and I'm guessing you drive a BMW, yes? Does that in and of itself make you materialistic?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #30
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
i will if i remember later. my camera's in my car which my boyfriend took to work today.
I wouldn't trust my car with someone who can't remember to wear a belt...

...and what kind of photographer is without their camera...you should sleep with that thing!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #31
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
So you don't think the datejust, even with the oyster bracelet, is sporty?
I've always seen the DJ as more of a dress watch...but not that it isn't at all sporty....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #32
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
I wouldn't trust my car with someone who can't remember to wear a belt...

...and what kind of photographer is without their camera...you should sleep with that thing!
ahhaah well the deal is he brings it in (he works at Champion Audi) on fridays when i don't have school and he washes it, tops fluids, puts air in the tires, and fills it up with gas if it needs it. Haha I am spoiled.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #33
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Hey Daytona_John, do you visit timezone? I use to go there often, although I read mostly their Omega and Tag forums.

My next watch of choice is a GMT Master 2 with black bezel. (you happen to have a pic for it?) I love the timeless look of submariner but I already have a diving watch. So, I figured the next best thing would be a black bezel GMT Master 2....

-hkj
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #34
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've always seen the DJ as more of a dress watch...but not that it isn't at all sporty....
Well, what do you think? You're a regular Rolex connoisseur...do you think the datejust model (pic I posted) would be sporty/classy watch for a 22 year old, or can you think of another model that may suit me better?

The thing is, with my car payments and all, around $4,000.00 is my budget for a watch right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #35
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkj
Hey Daytona_John, do you visit timezone? I use to go there often, although I read mostly their Omega and Tag forums.

My next watch of choice is a GMT Master 2 with black bezel. (you happen to have a pic for it?) I love the timeless look of submariner but I already have a diving watch. So, I figured the next best thing would be a black bezel GMT Master 2....

-hkj
Actually, I have my own watch discussion forum site with over 1300 registered members...it's called WATCH TALK FORUMS, and it's A LOT friendlier than TIMEZONE....www.watchtalkforums.info.

The Master II is a great watch....of the three bezel choices, I'd have to recommend you go with the classic "Pepsi Bezel" model...Here's a photo of my old GMT Master II:

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #36
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, what do you think? You're a regular Rolex connoisseur...do you think the datejust model (pic I posted) would be sporty/classy watch for a 22 year old, or can you think of another model that may suit me better?

The thing is, with my car payments and all, around $4,000.00 is my budget for a watch right now.
While you can't go wrong with a DJ, I'd [IMG]really[/IMG] recommend the 16610 Submariner for a guy your age...especially if you're going to wear just one watch...it's darn versatile:

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #37
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oooo...wow, that is really nice actually! I can never find any really nice pics like that anywhere on the internet, and rolex shows like 1% of their model line on their web site. I even had them send me a catalog and they don't really show that many pics. Thanks...maybe I will go with a submariner after all!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #38
Yaajer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In Japan, Rolex is practically standard issue...an in Itally, you'd think they were handing them out at airports. Sadly, most Americans don't value a quality timepiece the way other cultures abroad do. :mad:

...and I'm guessing you drive a BMW, yes? Does that in and of itself make you materialistic?
Don't get me wrong, I love my bmw..and your right, buying one doesn't make you materialistic..but, buying a timepiece in this day in age because you value "a quality timepiece?"

C'mon bro, everyone know's watches are practically "jewelry/accessories" these days. Why do people buy jewelry and other accessories? I'll let you answer that question.

My timepiece is my cell phone, which I value very much.

Let me ask you, how many people besides you will care that you're wearing a Rolex? I hope you truely do care for a "quality timepiece" because if you want to get the watch noticed, just wrap 100 Ben Franklins around your wrist...that's going to get noticed alot faster.
      03-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #39
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love my bmw..and your right, buying one doesn't make you materialistic..but, buying a timepiece in this day in age because you value "a quality timepiece?"

C'mon bro, everyone know's watches are practically "jewelry/accessories" these days. Why do people buy jewelry and other accessories? I'll let you answer that question.

Let me ask you, how many people besides you will care that you're wearing a Rolex? I hope you truely do care for a "quality timepiece" because if you want to get the watch noticed, just wrap 100 Ben Franklins around your wrist...that's going to get noticed alot faster.

I see what you mean, but Rolex has a heritage for being the company that basically invented the modern wristwatch. Plus having a swiss-made timepiece just gives you a feeling like you've stepped back into time when craftmanship and quality actually mattered to people--not that it doesn't today, it just seems like it matters to a lesser extent.

Well, I appreciate the finer things in life. I can't take it with me when I die, but I don't want to. I'm alive now, and if I'm able, I might as well have the best of everything.

I'm a regular capitalist pig!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #40
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oooo...wow, that is really nice actually! I can never find any really nice pics like that anywhere on the internet, and rolex shows like 1% of their model line on their web site. I even had them send me a catalog and they don't really show that many pics. Thanks...maybe I will go with a submariner after all!
You should check out my site - www.rolexreferencepage.com.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #41
Daytona_John
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I've worn Rolex watches for years and can count on one hand the number of times anyone has ever noticed my watch...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #42
Yaajer
First Lieutenant
Rep

don't get me wrong, I like the finer things in life as well...but there has to be a limit. I'm not saying Rolex's are bad or good, but guys, look what society is doing to us.

15 years ago..was there such a thing as a $10,000 knife set? or $25,000 bed liners and linens?

C'mon..thats just f_cking dumb.

I've drawn my limit.....

sorry for this rant daytona.

btw..I'm thinking of naming my sone Dayton.
      03-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #43
mava330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [6.00]
Hey! It's St. Patrick's Day and NO LV???!!! Here's a couple wrist shots of my "greenie."

and another....

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #44
selm
Fight On!
Rep

Im going to go for the $155 watch from the BMW lifestyles catelogue.

1/2 sarcastic, 1/2 serious.
Appreciate 0