E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > what would the worst case be if you got suspended for the second time?

06-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #23
kiddo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
May we ask how you got suspended TWICE? I can be more understanding if they are two different reasons. Like Driving drunk and doubling the speed limit.
well....the first time i got suspended was due to speeding and a car accident.......it turned out i only had 6 points left afterwards........after the first suspension period, i had another ticket and i got 4 points taken off which means i had two points left. Ever since that happened, i been a good driver until i had a huge fight with my girlfriend. I went out for a drive since i was in a very bad mood. I was charged with reckless driving(i had my winter tires on and it was raining like crazy so my car fishtailed), speeding, illegal Uturn and fail to change my address on my driver's licence.......
I know I know....im reckless......
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #24
kiddo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Get a lawyer who specializes in traffic violations (assuming you havn't already done that). They can do wonders and take advantage of our already corrupt traffic court houses. You can get off with a LOT LOT LOT less than you think.
I called Xcopper. Do you know if they are any good? Im out of choices.....
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #25
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
insurance will go up like hell
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #26
kiddo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer View Post
insurance will go up like hell
It already did after i got suspended for the first time.......
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #27
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Good luck man. I have a restricted license right now from DUI. Luckily I don't drive too crazy so don't have a whole lot of tickets and stuff. After your license got suspended the first time you should see if there was any sort of probation. I know even after I get my license back I will have probation for 3 years and I can not have any amount of alcohol in my system otherwise DUI #2.

I think some of you guys need to get off your high horse and stop pretending like you have never made mistakes in your life. Granted the guys driving record doesn't look to hot, he's just looking for some advice.
      06-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #28
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
I called Xcopper. Do you know if they are any good? Im out of choices.....
I'm not sure what Xcopper is...

I'm saying you need to go to google, search "Madison WI Traffic Lawyer" or something to that effect, and call at least 4 different lawyers--they will talk to you and consult you for free.

Of course, do your research on each lawyer (find out exactly what they do as a lawyer, how long they've been working, specialties, etc).

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #29
kiddo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
I'm not sure what Xcopper is...

I'm saying you need to go to google, search "Madison WI Traffic Lawyer" or something to that effect, and call at least 4 different lawyers--they will talk to you and consult you for free.

Of course, do your research on each lawyer (find out exactly what they do as a lawyer, how long they've been working, specialties, etc).
Thanks for your advice. I will do it first thing tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #30
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Most def. Good luck do you, man... I'm going to plead the fifth on this one, but BELIEVE me your lawyer will be your best friend.

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #31
Franciebaby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i AW prem,nav,sat,ca

people like you keep neurosurgeons in business, grow up and turn in your license and give your car away
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 04:52 AM   #32
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
worst case would be that they give you back your license
My thought exactly...
      06-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #33
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
you guys are cruel.
      06-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #34
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Absolutely get a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #35
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
If you're having your license suspended for the second time, you should move to a city with ample public transportation, sell your car, and never buy another one for the rest of your life.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #36
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnptel1 View Post
you guys are cruel.
Yeah, we're real mean not to sympathize with someone who gets two license suspensions. Have you ever seen a crushed minivan that once held a living family until someone hit them and killed them? Maybe a close up photo of a blood soaked child seat? Do you think these things happen when two responsible drivers bump into one another? We are far too liberal with allowing people in the country to continue to drive as it is.

Irresponsibility - It's not just for celebrities anymore!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #37
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

says the guy who drink and drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckJon View Post
Good luck man. I have a restricted license right now from DUI. Luckily I don't drive too crazy so don't have a whole lot of tickets and stuff. After your license got suspended the first time you should see if there was any sort of probation. I know even after I get my license back I will have probation for 3 years and I can not have any amount of alcohol in my system otherwise DUI #2.

I think some of you guys need to get off your high horse and stop pretending like you have never made mistakes in your life. Granted the guys driving record doesn't look to hot, he's just looking for some advice.
      06-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #38
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Well I can relate getting into a fight with the girl friend and then getting a ticket. A long time ago when I was dating my now wife, she royally pissed me off after I drove 5 hours to visited her at college only to get into a fight. So I drove back the next morning and got cought speeding. Was not paying attention and to make matter worse I knew the cops was there since I saw his hiding place the day before.

Needless to say, he got me doing 76 in 55 and I swear I must have been doing 90 and I even attempt to evade the cop by pulling off the road and tried hiding in someone's driveway.

I too was young and stupid and lucky since the cop only wrote me up for too fast for conditions and it carried no points.

Not sure how things work in the WI state but you should do everything you can do to reduce your ticket, fine and points. You could get to the point where it will become cost prohibitive to drive. This happen to my brother-in-law, he did not have his license for 7 yrs since no insurance company would touch him. But he lived in a large city where mass transit exist so it actually cost him less not to have license.

Last edited by Maestro; 06-13-2007 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #39
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckJon View Post

I have a friend sleeping 6 feet under because of a drunk driver. So though I understand we all make mistakes, driving so aggressively in rain that you fish tail or drinking after you drive (call a fucking cab or don't drink, many of us who party hard have managed to do one or the other for our entire lives) is not mistake......is a HUGE FUCKING mistake that could leave on of us dead or crippled.
Appreciate 0