E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Match.com trial???

06-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Match.com trial???

I'm thinking about trying it again... I did it once before for only 2 months and was not very happy with the dates.

My friends said I didn't give it enough time.

But alas I'm not having much luck in the real world.

It seems as if no one goes out to meet other people anymore.

Any thoughts...
      06-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJJ3399
I'm thinking about trying it again... I did it once before for only 2 months and was not very happy with the dates.

My friends said I didn't give it enough time.

But alas I'm not having much luck in the real world.

It seems as if no one goes out to meet other people anymore.

Any thoughts...
I met my wife through a site like Match.com...we could be one of those "testimonials"! I say keep trying.
      06-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I've all but given up on internet dating or otherwise. I guess there's always a chance you could "luck out" but I'm tired of trying.

It totally sucks. I go to bars with my friends and all I meet are bar skanks. I got to the gym and it's a sausage party. The internet seems kind of lish because everytime I check out myspace and find girls I know, they're all "in a relationship".

But maybe online dating sites are the way to go these days. I can't think of anything else, but then again, like I said, I give up!

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I've all but given up on internet dating or otherwise. I guess there's always a chance you could "luck out" but I'm tired of trying.

It totally sucks. I go to bars with my friends and all I meet are bar skanks. I got to the gym and it's a sausage party. The internet seems kind of lish because everytime I check out myspace and find girls I know, they're all "in a relationship".

But maybe online dating sites are the way to go these days. I can't think of anything else, but then again, like I said, I give up!

Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with bar skanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
DLJJ3399
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with bar skanks.
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with bar skanks until they give you attitude like they're Gods gift.

Can't give up though!
      06-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with bar skanks until they give you attitude like they're Gods gift.

Can't give up though!
attitude should be the least of your worries when dealing with bar skanks

But yeah, don't give up...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

I met my current gf through my mom. She was a co-worker with her, a teacher, and I saw a pic of her, got her number and we hooked up.

I've always found it easier meeting people through other people. You must have friends that know some people that you can hook up with. Also since it is through a friend it sorta makes things easier because you already have a friend in common.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #8
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

it's all about meeting girls through friends, and friends of friends
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183

Try being an arrogant ass, Sharp, that will pull'em in. The ladies seem to love the bad boys.

From my experiences, forget about picking her up in the gym, many hate being hit on there. However they do want you to check out their bodies. Then get pissed if you make eye contact a second too long. Well, I say next time leave the skin tight thong gym outfit at home. 'Cause I'm looking!

Malls don't work, try a grocery store, create a conversation while browsing the shelves and take it from there. You can often tell if she's single but checking out what's in her cart. Dude, I'm just tossing out some ideas for you, who knows if they will work. The best part is you know what's not working so try something new. Don't give up Sharp, she's out there.....waiting!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #10
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
it's all about meeting girls through friends, and friends of friends
That is usually a good way to meet women or don't do anything and it will happen. Have you tried the quicky date where you have a date with like 10 women for a couple minutes each?
      06-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_325Ci
Try being an arrogant ass, Sharp, that will pull'em in. The ladies seem to love the bad boys.

From my experiences, forget about picking her up in the gym, many hate being hit on there. However they do want you to check out their bodies. Then get pissed if you make eye contact a second too long. Well, I say next time leave the skin tight thong gym outfit at home. 'Cause I'm looking!

Malls don't work, try a grocery store, create a conversation while browsing the shelves and take it from there. You can often tell if she's single but checking out what's in her cart. Dude, I'm just tossing out some ideas for you, who knows if they will work. The best part is you know what's not working so try something new. Don't give up Sharp, she's out there.....waiting!
Thanks for the tips, Jay!

Ha ha ha...I know EXACTLY what you mean about the girls at the gym. They hate being hit on but love the attention they get from the way they dress. I don't know, I read something once that said you bang the girls you meet at bars and you date the girls you meet at the gym. And where this is probably half true, definitely not 100% true!

But seriously, thanks for the ideas. People often say you'll meet someone when you least expect it. I keep hearing this but nothing, so I guess you can say I'm trying to "least expect it"!

The whole thing sucks, though. Meeting friends through friends isn't so easy anymore as many of my old friends have moved away and I only see them when they're in town visiting family, etc. And the only other person I know with lots of girl-friends is my sister, but she refuses to introduce me to any more of her friends!

I don't know how people could actually enjoy the whole dating/courting process. It kind of makes me understand why people sometimes stay in bad relationships. I assume they would rather stay in their relationship, no matter how bad, rather than be back on the market again.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #12
DLJJ3399
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
That is usually a good way to meet women or don't do anything and it will happen. Have you tried the quicky date where you have a date with like 10 women for a couple minutes each?
No I haven't tried speed dating. It seems too weird and my friends that have tried it said it was lame.
      06-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #13
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No I haven't tried speed dating. It seems too weird and my friends that have tried it said it was lame.
Same here
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 11:15 PM   #14
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

My roomate in college used to have good luck at small coffeeshops and such. Usually there were lots of women there and they tended to be smarter than your run of the mill clubber girl. You just have to have good conversational skills and the balls to go up to them.

Online dating though I guess is an option, exhaust all options! There might be a girl in the exact same boat as you, sick of dudes at bars and clubs and sorta lost.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #15
DLJJ3399
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
My roomate in college used to have good luck at small coffeeshops and such. Usually there were lots of women there and they tended to be smarter than your run of the mill clubber girl. You just have to have good conversational skills and the balls to go up to them.

Online dating though I guess is an option, exhaust all options! There might be a girl in the exact same boat as you, sick of dudes at bars and clubs and sorta lost.
I didn't mean I was lost. I meant that I wasn't having luck at bars and clubs.
So I was thinking of doing on-line dating once again. But I'm not sure if I want to go down that road again.
      06-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #16
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil

I met a really cool young lady in a book shop once. She was really cute too. Anyways I had a gf at the time so I introduced her to a friend of mine. That first date became a second date. But while waiting for her, my bud gets into an argument with her Dad over a football game. And gets kicked out of the house. If you knew him, it wouldn't shock you of that happening. The guy can be a prick at times but then again, who's not. Anyway, they say the night went downhill from there. Well we're all friends now and we can laugh about that disasterious set up. So yeah, you can meet good girls in coffee shops and book stores.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #17
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

match.com eh??? sounds interesting...
Appreciate 0