E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grande Prêmio Petrobras Do Brasil 2013

11-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #45
ab156
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: currently carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I guess, but he could have easily faked it without being obvious. His ego stopped him which was a shame. Few F1 drivers think Vettel is that brilliant, they know its all about the car but their estimation (and mine) of him would have gone up immensely if he could have engineered the vastly more popular Webber onto the top step. It would have cost Vettel nothing but have been a great thing to have done for Webber.
More likely Webber told the team in no uncertain terms that he did not want to end his F1 career on a token gesture by the team or Vettel. Better to go out with a good race with some great battles with his mate Alonso then have the stigma of a gifted win.

It is a pity RB flinched with both cars...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #46
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab156 View Post
More likely Webber told the team in no uncertain terms that he did not want to end his F1 career on a token gesture by the team or Vettel. Better to go out with a good race with some great battles with his mate Alonso then have the stigma of a gifted win.
That's why F1 just lost it's classiest competitor. In a sport dominated by bitchy bitches, this is a big loss. Go Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

amazing pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      11-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #48
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Classes of 2013.
Attached Images

11-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Final treat of the season!
Attached Images

11-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #50
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #52
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Wow, just wow. Incredible pictures as always. A big thanks! Can we hope for a continuation next year?

Talking about next year, here's my shamelessely premature top 3 predictions:

Constructors:

1. Ferrari
2. Benz
3. RBR

Drivers:

1. Alonso
2. Kimi
3. Lewis
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #53
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
this sums it up

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #54
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Season is over!!! Rev it!!!

11-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #55
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
^ AWESOME! Thanks for your photos. Congrats on your wedding! Welcome to the club.
      11-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #56
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Great stuff! Thanks for the photos throughout the year.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #57
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
E90Slam...Wanted to add my thank you for the great service you provide. Here's looking forward to the new formula next season.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #58
E92 M Sport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82

Thank you for sharing the pics all year. They are really awesome. Being relatively new to the photography hobby, may I ask what camera / lenses you use? I bought a Nikon 5100 this year, next up is a 35mm prime lens. Thanks.
      11-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #59
Math
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116D

Garage List
First of all, big thanks for the great pics, really nice

Second, about Vettel, he's a great racer, I think there's no denying that. Anyone who does is just no honest. To win 4 consecutive world titles at the age of 26 is no small thing. Especially with a great driver like Mark Webber in the same car, whom he beat more than enough.

That said, I think he's a total asshole. A prick, an arrogant SOB.
A little humility never hurt nobody and the bigger or greater you become, the more you should have. But to him it's totally unexistent.
All these theatrics, the annoying little finger, the constantly saying he's not into all these records, but then putting the big IV on his helmet and putting even more fingers up when he won the 8 consecutive races in texas... It just keeps on going and its all these little things that start pissing people off more and more. It's no wonder he has so many haters, it's no wonder all the booing he got several times this season.. He' a very dividing person, you either like him or not, theres not much in between. That says something...

All this said, I found it a rather boring season, especially since Belgium. 2014 cant start soon enough

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #60
Jase 320d
Wheelbarrow Edition
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Arctic 320d

Im going to go for button next year

Nice outside bet
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #61
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math View Post
First of all, big thanks for the great pics, really nice

Second, about Vettel, he's a great racer, I think there's no denying that. Anyone who does is just no honest. To win 4 consecutive world titles at the age of 26 is no small thing. Especially with a great driver like Mark Webber in the same car, whom he beat more than enough.

That said, I think he's a total asshole. A prick, an arrogant SOB.
A little humility never hurt nobody and the bigger or greater you become, the more you should have. But to him it's totally unexistent.
All these theatrics, the annoying little finger, the constantly saying he's not into all these records, but then putting the big IV on his helmet and putting even more fingers up when he won the 8 consecutive races in texas... It just keeps on going and its all these little things that start pissing people off more and more. It's no wonder he has so many haters, it's no wonder all the booing he got several times this season.. He' a very dividing person, you either like him or not, theres not much in between. That says something...

All this said, I found it a rather boring season, especially since Belgium. 2014 cant start soon enough
Come on man really? Vettel is by no means a favorite of mine but don't you think the depth of your contempt is a bit much? I don't understand how people can hate and loathe and judge a person so strongly that they've not only never met but have really only seen a few clips of moments of their life. He is a young kid still and immature. Maybe his actions do come across as a bit arrogant but maybe he's earned it a bit. He is easily -as would you or I- being swept up in the emotion of the moment AND he is surrounded by people telling how great he is. This kid is achieving what some true racing legends took entire careers to accomplish. We can speculate about RBR, the RB9 itself, the unlimited R&D coffers of Red Bull all day but at the end of the day those are his stats and in sports we live and die by the stats. He put a IV on his helmet? Wouldn't you? He should be proud of what he's done already. It's emblazoned on his helmet as a badge of honor not a sign of arrogance. What he did to Mark in Malaysia sucks, I think we all agree with that. That's when people started to turn on him. But that doesn't deserve some of the mean hateful things I've read. Not just you, Math, lots of people.
So yes, he's not my favorite driver but he doesn't deserve the anger and insults and booing. I don't see how this behavior belongs in this classiest of autosports.

I kindly request that we keep such commentary out of these threads. I don't want you to think I'm going off on you, Math. Because I'm not. Your post was merely a jumping off point for what I had to say.

Anyway, rant done. Stepping off my high horse now lol
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #62
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
he doesn't deserve the anger and insults and booing. I don't see how this behavior belongs in this classiest of autosports
Douchebag sore loser Ferrari fans ruining the sports reputation (or trying to). Alonso did his part to egg them on as well, so he's not exempt.

And to the un-informed members that think Seb is arrogant... Go read up a little about those in his closest circle. He's one of the most humble guys around - especially considering his age and what he's accomplished. Pick your pony, but stay in the real world.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #63
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

I liked him for quite a while but it sort of wore out this year.
That crap where he overtook Mark against team orders really showed him for the person he is.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #64
Math
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Come on man really? Vettel is by no means a favorite of mine but don't you think the depth of your contempt is a bit much? I don't understand how people can hate and loathe and judge a person so strongly that they've not only never met but have really only seen a few clips of moments of their life. He is a young kid still and immature. Maybe his actions do come across as a bit arrogant but maybe he's earned it a bit. He is easily -as would you or I- being swept up in the emotion of the moment AND he is surrounded by people telling how great he is. This kid is achieving what some true racing legends took entire careers to accomplish. We can speculate about RBR, the RB9 itself, the unlimited R&D coffers of Red Bull all day but at the end of the day those are his stats and in sports we live and die by the stats. He put a IV on his helmet? Wouldn't you? He should be proud of what he's done already. It's emblazoned on his helmet as a badge of honor not a sign of arrogance. What he did to Mark in Malaysia sucks, I think we all agree with that. That's when people started to turn on him. But that doesn't deserve some of the mean hateful things I've read. Not just you, Math, lots of people.
So yes, he's not my favorite driver but he doesn't deserve the anger and insults and booing. I don't see how this behavior belongs in this classiest of autosports.

I kindly request that we keep such commentary out of these threads. I don't want you to think I'm going off on you, Math. Because I'm not. Your post was merely a jumping off point for what I had to say.

Anyway, rant done. Stepping off my high horse now lol

@Stealth, I understand what you mean.
My apologies for my hard and harsh words, its just how I express my feelings, I dont mean any real harm and I would certainly not start booing him should I meet him. Nor would I publicly be so hard on him, but I do share my feelings with friends or in a private atmosphere and in that same view I shared them here. Maybe I should have been more carefull.

You dont have to try and convince me of his sportive achievements, as I've stated in my first post, I am fully aware of them and have respect for that.

I can also believe that hes a friendly and modest kid when hes at home, with friends or family. In other words, when hes just Seb and not the big VETTEL.
But as a racing driver, I find him arrogant and I dont like that.

Again, my apologies for the crude statement. But I've said what I wanted about him and this is the last of it, because the pro- and contra Vettel sides could go on for weeks about this.

Lets just hope someone can give him a big challenge next year

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!

Last edited by Math; 12-01-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0