E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Part 2: Summer Serious Diet Thread.......

03-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #45
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

hes probably drinking muscle milk lol.....

ya the gym on mondays sucks ass...

guys the gym is so addicting i didnt go yesterday because of my ankle injury and i feel so sad and bad i didnt..

its ok today i will tear it uppppppppppppppppp
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #46
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Have you read the nutrition contents on those items? They're not for helping you melting the pounds away, man. They're for helping you get built.
Oh I definitely realized that going into it. It was awesome being able to get pumped soo quick. I will definitely not use such suplements till I am straight lean cut.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #47
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Oh I definitely realized that going into it. It was awesome being able to get pumped soo quick. I will definitely not use such suplements till I am straight lean cut.
What kind of creatine and whey are you using? They should NOT be a problem while cutting.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #48
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I would not use creatine or take protein shakes unless you're serious about building up your body like crazy. The food you eat usually has enough protein to rebuild your muscles when you're working out. Thus the extra protein isn't really necessary. Also, when you stop working out for a prolonged period of time all those things are just gonna come back and bite you in the ass (trust me, I know).

Last edited by BMW F22; 03-12-2009 at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #49
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I also forgot to add that a post work out meal is pretty essential. To a lot of people who work out, this is the biggest meal of the day.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #50
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
Theres a place in Orange county where they dump you under water...thats the most accurate..
dunno if anyone's already posted it, but bodpod is a lot easier/quicker and just as accurate as getting dunked (hydrostatic weighing)

i'm 5'9/5'10 - started off at 228 about 1.5 weeks ago (by far the heaviest i've ever been), and am currently at 219.. i'm tentatively aiming for 195-200, but i'll see how i look once i get there (and maybe go to 185). working out a bit here & there (mostly dumbbells & jump rope) & eating lots of protein, moderate carbs and low fat for a total of about 2k cals a day.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:34 AM   #51
letsg0
Rep
Drives: MrHarris :)

what's bodpod? sounds funny lol
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #52
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

5'7 ~ 161 lbs.

Goal is to lose a minimum of 10 lbs. and tone up by May.

I run on the treadmill for about 30-45 mins per day,
5-6 times a week and I cut back on fatty foods and alcohol.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #53
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

ok guys officially 31 pounds since this morning

or a total of 108,500 calories!! woo hoo

my goals coming soon
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #54
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

People usually gain all the weight they lost and then some. It is because as you lose weight, your metabolism slows down. I read all of these posts and none of them makes any sense. Don't take it personally, but I have been studying this topic for some time now and it seems to me the best time to eat is in the day. After about 6 pm, the diet should be limited to fruits and vegetables as the metabolism slows down at night.

As far as calorie intake, to those people who say you must eat about 2,000 calories a day, give me a break. Like you're going to follow that b.s for the rest of your life. It is all about muscle retension. For every pound of muscle you lose you're body burns 30-50 calories less a day than it used to. The diet should consist of fruits and vegetables and you'll be okay. Every diet you go on will lead to muscle loss.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:30 AM   #55
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

Glutamine

L-Carnitine

Acai Berry Juice

Research above items.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:33 AM   #56
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

First of all I do apologize if I was one of those people who messed up your thread. I didn't mean to. I thought I'd give you some motivation since I came far cutting my weight down to 150 lbs 5% bodyfat. However, once I got a job as restaruant manager I didn't really have time to hit the gym. My current weight is 160 lbs 11.7% bodyfat. I have been eating literally anything. And one day I saw a newspaper saying President Obama is spending 1~2hours everyday for exercising...I mean he is got to be the busiest man in the world and still works out everyday. So I signed up @ 24 fitness.
My Summer diet before the Summer is getting back to 145~150 lbs with 5% bodyfat.
I am going to say bye-bye once to all of those Junkfoods.
Anyways, I'm here to share some experience, NOT to mess up your thread LOL
I'm truly impressed on your progress Boosted. 15 more pounds to go, rock on!
Damn this thread got me all pumped up, I am going to the gym now.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #57
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney2K4 View Post
People usually gain all the weight they lost and then some. It is because as you lose weight, your metabolism slows down. I read all of these posts and none of them makes any sense. Don't take it personally, but I have been studying this topic for some time now and it seems to me the best time to eat is in the day. After about 6 pm, the diet should be limited to fruits and vegetables as the metabolism slows down at night.

As far as calorie intake, to those people who say you must eat about 2,000 calories a day, give me a break. Like you're going to follow that b.s for the rest of your life. It is all about muscle retension. For every pound of muscle you lose you're body burns 30-50 calories less a day than it used to. The diet should consist of fruits and vegetables and you'll be okay. Every diet you go on will lead to muscle loss.
ORLY?

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #58
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
First of all I do apologize if I was one of those people who messed up your thread. I didn't mean to. I thought I'd give you some motivation since I came far cutting my weight down to 150 lbs 5% bodyfat. However, once I got a job as restaruant manager I didn't really have time to hit the gym. My current weight is 160 lbs 11.7% bodyfat. I have been eating literally anything. And one day I saw a newspaper saying President Obama is spending 1~2hours everyday for exercising...I mean he is got to be the busiest man in the world and still works out everyday. So I signed up @ 24 fitness.
My Summer diet before the Summer is getting back to 145~150 lbs with 5% bodyfat.
I am going to say bye-bye once to all of those Junkfoods.
Anyways, I'm here to share some experience, NOT to mess up your thread LOL
I'm truly impressed on your progress Boosted. 15 more pounds to go, rock on!
Damn this thread got me all pumped up, I am going to the gym now.

yo!!! hey man i wasnt referring to you at all....and thx man i hope you reach your goal!!

Anyways i dont think 15 pounds will cut it for me man...

Im starting to make a new goal for 185..however that 185 goal will probably be for my bday of june 21st......i was 185 on my 18th bday...so nice n cut....so hopefully on my 22nd ill be the same....

While all of this cardio, i started playing a lot of basketball(played basketball my whole life), and un fortunately i twisted the living shit out of my right ankle and have been wearing a ankle brace for about 2 weeks now but im still going to gym and doing eliptical because i need this ankle to get better so i can run my usual 2.5-3 miles a day.

To make things worse i got into a little incident playing ball with the guys and my nail is literally coming off...man im so injured but im still not giving up...

BTW yesterday night at 11pm i ate in n out...i h8 my friends lol but its ok no big deal, im back on it today, i plan on going swimming in a little.

Also for the people saying that peepz gain everything back...in my opinion that person must be a very undisaplined person. And not value how hard it was to lose weight...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #59
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

BoostedBMW i have a few quick questions for you

Im 5'7 and weigh around 180 so Im not in good shape but I've lost 20-30 lbs so far by just eating healthy and doing cardio+weights 4-5 days a week at the gym. Its been about 4 months.
How can I speed up the weight loss? I don't want to get cut or built, just slim.

I can get by with eating very little, I have pretty good control over that. For the 1st month I only at around 1k to 1.5k cal per day. After the 1st month I ate more protein.
Also, over the 4 months I've been eating mostly protein and very little carbs, should I cut out some protein too to maximize weight loss and just eat veggies and some fruit?
Im not cutting any food group out completely, but Im just saying, very little carbs and protein, and mostly fiber and fruits?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #60
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post

Im 5'7 and weigh around 180 so Im not in good shape but I've lost 20-30 lbs so far by just eating healthy and doing cardio+weights 4-5 days a week at the gym. Its been about 4 months.
How can I speed up the weight loss? I don't want to get cut or built, just slim.

I can get by with eating very little, I have pretty good control over that. For the 1st month I only at around 1k to 1.5k cal per day. After the 1st month I ate more protein.
Also, over the 4 months I've been eating mostly protein and very little carbs, should I cut out some protein too to maximize weight loss and just eat veggies and some fruit?
Im not cutting any food group out completely, but Im just saying, very little carbs and protein, and mostly fiber and fruits?
Hey there buddy at 180 you should be at around 2200 calories just to maintain your weight. Dont eat 1000 calories a day thats too little, eat around 1500 calories of CLEAN food, and try to switch from a normal carb day to a low carb day it worked for me. Depending on what you do a day you should be burning 1500 calories doing your normal stuff so all your food intake will be gone. And you will be at a 600 calorie deficit, and then if you do 400 calories of cardio 5 times a week, you should drop 2 pounds a week minimum. Eating too little is not a good thing, your body will store the stuff you eat at fat for energy instead of burning it..for energy

Honestly if you are trying to lose weight i would cut out the working out and protein shakes if thats not what you are after. You answered your own question, cut out the weights and protein, you said you are trying to lose weight, cardio should be your number one priority. You need to speed up your metabolism, eat atleast 6 times a day nicely proportioned. If you want you can cycle off using Hydroxy cut hardcore..

Generally eat a fruit a day MAX, veggies are no problem. Your best friends should be chicken breast, tuna, turkey breast.

You can follow this if you like, check my sig this is what is making my weight go down im down 30+ pounds so far....
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #61
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
Hey there buddy at 180 you should be at around 2200 calories just to maintain your weight. Dont eat 1000 calories a day thats too little, eat around 1500 calories of CLEAN food, and try to switch from a normal carb day to a low carb day it worked for me. Depending on what you do a day you should be burning 1500 calories doing your normal stuff so all your food intake will be gone. And you will be at a 600 calorie deficit, and then if you do 400 calories of cardio 5 times a week, you should drop 2 pounds a week minimum. Eating too little is not a good thing, your body will store the stuff you eat at fat for energy instead of burning it..for energy

Honestly if you are trying to lose weight i would cut out the working out and protein shakes if thats not what you are after. You answered your own question, cut out the weights and protein, you said you are trying to lose weight, cardio should be your number one priority. You need to speed up your metabolism, eat atleast 6 times a day nicely proportioned. If you want you can cycle off using Hydroxy cut hardcore..

Generally eat a fruit a day MAX, veggies are no problem. Your best friends should be chicken breast, tuna, turkey breast.

You can follow this if you like, check my sig this is what is making my weight go down im down 30+ pounds so far....
Thank you so much for your reply Boosted335
I barely eat any carb now..barely a bowl of rice or some double fiber bread.
I eat mostly protein now, I think I should eat a lot less of it, like what I have done with carbs.
So I should eat mainly veggies?

Can I still do weights because I enjoy it. I don't do too much basically do every muscle groups 3 reps every day, takes me about 30-40 minutes to go through the weighs and about 40 minutes of cardio every day. And also, having a little bit of muscle doesn't hurt either right?

Overall I want to look slim, but if I can speed it up by doing light weights too and have some toned muscle, why not?

please advise if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #62
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

hey boosted send us your before and after pitcures so we can see the results
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #63
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

i have one pik on Nov 14th when i was 246 pounds and its not even a good pik very dark...

i havent taken a pik since then...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #64
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I eat mostly protein now, I think I should eat a lot less of it, like what I have done with carbs.

Can I still do weights because I enjoy it. I don't do too much basically do every muscle groups 3 reps every day, takes me about 30-40 minutes to go through the weighs and about 40 minutes of cardio every day. And also, having a little bit of muscle doesn't hurt either right?

Overall I want to look slim, but if I can speed it up by doing light weights too and have some toned muscle, why not?

No dont get me wrong eat about 110 grams of carbs everyday(eventhough you are suppost to eat 75 percent of your weight) and 3 times a week eat about 80 grams of carbs cycle on and off so your body gets a shock. However at the same time when you are low low carbing it increase your fat intake so your body feeds off those(avacados/almonds, etc). Eat veggies with your lunch and dinner, i always eat steamed spinach with dinner for sure. I eat a very very minimal amount of carbs after lunch. So whatever carbs i eat its at lunch or before it. After that its mainly a tuna snack and then a salmon/chicken dinner with spinach and maybe 2-3 tablespoons of steamed brown rice. As you can see every MEAL, should have fat, carbs, protein.

In my opinion bro i wouldnt touch the weights, because if you lose the weight you will get cut up, if you lose enough, yes you will lose mass but thats something you need to decide.... Atleast if you are going to touch the weights be around 170 or so. You really need to know exactly what you want bro, if you think you look fat at 180, then get st8 to cardio, if you think youve gotten a little weight on you, then do cardio and weights...

Key is to listen to one person, everyone will tell you something different, im just telling you what worked for me. Every bodys body is different. However please let me know exactly what your looking for...and i can assist you better
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #65
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:

First off... props to you for getting to the gym and sticking with it. Now, in my opinion, you are making a mistake by only focusing on having the scale move at any cost and not worrying about body composition along the way, which will most likely end with not so great results (ie. being skinny fat after all of that work). I would never look to cut more than 2lbs/week... you may think right now that all you want is to be "skinny," but if you keep restricting your cals by so much you will end up melting off muscle along the way, which in the end will lead to a much lower BMR, and some unimpressive body composition.

I think that 1k-1500kcal per day is too low for you. NO, you should NOT cut out your protein intake as well. I would actually recommend that you keep your protein intake to at least 100g per day, and raise your overall cals to around 2k per day. Your body is very smart, and it will look to retain as much fat as possible, and by completely cutting out carbs (ie. only eating vegetables and fruit), your body's leptin levels will drop off steeply (that's the main hormone responsible for burning fat), which is fine at first, but overtime you should definitely incorporate refeeds/carb ups into your diet on a weekly basis where you will eat up to maintenance cals and double your carbohydrate intake for the day. BTW, fruit doesn't have much of an effect on leptin levels. I do a carb-up once per week while cutting and aim for 1lb/week loss, but my goals are to retain as much lean mass as possible, which I think everyone should aim for regardless of whether or not they want to be "cut." Eventually, you should aim for a healthy lifestyle and not just a temporary "diet" where retaining more muscle after your done dieting will be much more beneficial for simply maintaining your goal weight.

BTW, I am by no means an expert, nor do I claim to be one, so feel free to take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm just a car enthusiast who is also into lifting and living a healthy lifestyle. Everyone should do their own research and come to their own conclusions. I can only speak from experience with what works for me, but everyone is different, and there are more than one way to reach the same end goal, but with that said there are also MANY myths that surround fat loss (ie. no carbs after X:XXpm or pre-bed, avoid all fats, etc), so I try to provide input if I think it can help direct you through the BS and toward your goals.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #66
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

yo boosted just curious did you lose weight recently? or have you been?

Just a question for you...

I plan on increasing a little mass on me, however i feel like i still have too much fat on me to get to weights. I plan on doing that around 195 pounds or so....Do you think thats too late or should i start now?

Yo fruit cake, you should just listen to us and get an oversight, dont follow eithier/or, use them as a source for info and try them out, and see which works BEST for you. Im telling you listening to a lot of people will do nothing but confuse the fuck out of you. I recommend you do some trial/errors. This is what i did and what everyone does until you come to a solution that works best for you. I know its difficult but 2 months ago i couldnt even give you one piece of info, over time you will educate yourself. Take a piece of puzzle from everyone and build your masterpiece.
Appreciate 0