E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > This McLaren P14 Prototype will Replace the 650S!

09-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up This McLaren P14 Prototype will Replace the 650S!

More Hottness from McLaren!

Quote:
It appears McLaren Automotive is hard at work to achieve its “Track22” business plan that will see 15 new cars by the year 2022. Spy photographers recently caught the British automaker testing a prototype believed to be the successor to the McLaren 650S.

The prototype is reportedly known internally as the P14. Rumored to debut at next year’s Geneva Motor Show, the McLaren P14 is expected to get a twin-turbo V-8 and an evolved version of the automaker’s MonoCell carbon fiber tub. Active aerodynamic bits should also help the P14 achieve better performance than the already impressive 650S. With the 650S making 641 hp, there’s a good chance the P14 could churn out close to 700 hp
McLaren put little effort in disguising the prototype, which was caught cruising around somewhere in Spain. That said, McLaren appears to be putting extra effort into making the P14 stand out from the current models in the Sport and Super Series. The front fascia, for example, now features a distinguishable division between the headlights and the lower air dams, while the frunk lid appears to have additional aerodynamic bits.

Other significant aerodynamic changes include the absence of an air scoop behind the front door and the addition of a large air blade that starts behind the front wheel and runs along the rocker panel. A revised rear end features thin narrow taillights that flank the center mounted exhaust tips. Based on these photos, McLaren is cooking up another strong competitor for a future Best Driver’s Car competition.
      09-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
OutlawX3M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP. 2020 BMW X3M

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Pure sexy....
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13925.50
      09-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #3
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

I'm not gonna lie, I've only really watched and read about McLarens from a distance and their numbering system is, to me, scattered and just seems to be a bit of a headache trying to determine which model is better than the other.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

All you need to know is that their ENTIRE lineup is Racecar inspired and pure awesome.