E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Muscle Builders: Question?

08-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #89
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Oh btw guys, I just came back from the store and got......

- Bananas

- Green and Red Grapes

- Hammus

- Organic Rice Milk

- Organic Vanella Rice Milk

- Salami

- (10) 22g Chocolate Protein shakes

- (10) 35g Chocolate Protein shakes

- Big ass container of Whey Protein Powder (Chocolate)

- Flax Oil

- Green Apples

- Frozen Fruits (Berrys, stawberries, etc...)

- Granola Bars

- Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal

other stuff but I can't remember
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #90
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
Oh btw guys, I just came back from the store and got......

- Bananas

- Green and Red Grapes

- Hammus

- Organic Rice Milk

- Organic Vanella Rice Milk

- Salami

- (10) 22g Chocolate Protein shakes

- (10) 35g Chocolate Protein shakes

- Big ass container of Whey Protein Powder (Chocolate)

- Flax Oil

- Green Apples

- Frozen Fruits (Berrys, stawberries, etc...)

- Granola Bars

- Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal

other stuff but I can't remember
You need to figure out what your goal is going to be and I can help you plan accordingly. Many guys posts I've read are flexing there egos with crazy diet plans and all this bla bla bla. It seems you are just starting out, do NOT worry yourself with all that crap. You need to get the basics down and most importantly decide what you want, to lose weight and lean up? to get BIGGER? to do BOTH? Most of these nut case diets and work out plans are not realistic for the typical working person with a fucken LIFE. Start slow and build up. Youre at a beginner level now, worry about all that advanced crap once advanced time comes. You will pick up things along the way, from many different people. No ONE person is right. If you have any questions PM me.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #91
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Ill try to post pics of me before and after I lost 60 lbs.

But my goal is to have Brad Pitt's body in the movie "Fight Club."
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #92
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ill try to post pics of me before and after I lost 60 lbs.

But my goal is to have Brad Pitt's body in the movie "Fight Club."
Ok well where are you at now, height, weight... that type of body requires religious hardcore dieting and training...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:18 PM   #93
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Ok well where are you at now, height, weight... that type of body requires religious hardcore dieting and training...
Before: 5 8" 245 lbs

Now: 5 9" 180 lbs

My Ups - Look slimmer, more girls talk to me, bigger biceps, Average overall body but no Brad Pitt.

My Downs - No Abs, Still have my love handles, small belly.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #94
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Before: 5 8" 245 lbs

Now: 5 9" 180 lbs

My Ups - Look slimmer, more girls talk to me, bigger biceps, Average overall body but no Brad Pitt.

My Downs - No Abs, Still have my love handles, small belly.
Well nutrition will definately need to be on your side however you do not need to go nuts with it. It will need to be strict but you don't need to be nuts about it because you will more than likely quit if that's the case. Here are some basic things.

1. Subscribe to mens health, it has good diet tips, fitness tips and women advice.

2. Eat whatever you want one time per week, the rest of the time keep it within the regs... This is your shopping list picked apart by me...

Bananas = No no, ALL carbs

Salami = No effing way, it's Roast beef, turkey, chicken or fish...

Granola = very fattening

Protein = get a tub of whey, that's about all you need

3. Stay away from sugery stuff like juice (unless it's light), drink lots of water and stay away from caffeine. Here is an example of a non-nut case day of meals...

Breakfast:

Piece of fruit

bowl of cereal/skim milk

water or light juice

*if you get hungry before the next meal eat a Protein bar or drink a shake, but BE CAREFUL you do NOT eat protein MEAL REPLACEMENT bars*

Lunch:

Tuna sandwich (made by YOURSELF) with miracle whip, light on it, just enough so it sticks together. Pre made tuna sandwiches have a lot of mayo. On wheat bread...

Water/Light juice

Baked lays if you MUST

*things to NOT have on your sandwiches...MAYO, other sauces, too much cheese*

*in between protein shake*

Dinner:

Skinless chicken breast or Fish... brown rice, steamed veggies and a glass of skim milk or water. You can use salt it will help you retain water...

*shake or bar for desert*

DO NOT EAT PAST 7-8PM!!! If you get hungry, chug a glass of water.

You will need plenty of rest too. That is just the diet section of it in a nutshell, an example of what it should be like while keeping your sanity on a NORMAL person schedule lifestyle.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #95
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
It was an interview with Chek done by T-Nation. How can an interview with the man in question discredit my agrument. Did you even click the link?
No, i didnt click the link. I saw tnation in the URL and that was all I needed to know. That place is rectum of the online fitness world.

Quote:
What tangent did I go off on? I discussed Chek and his holistic healing principles.
I asked you why you say Chek shouldnt be compared to Scientologists, when all the qualifications you listed about him mirror those of the church.

Quote:
A healthy hen will lay the BEST eggs it can to ensure their survival. Why would it lay a thin-shelled egg if it were indeed healthier? Healthier eggs come from healthier chickens. Think.
You have still yet to post any data showing free range eggs to be healthier. Either post some or quit saying the meaningless things over and over again.

Quote:
I just posted an entire PDF which mentioned several studies showing organic foods are superior. You don't think your studies are influenced and funded by commercial farming interests. You are regurgitating what you have been fed regarding commercial farming. You should know better than to post a study done by a government agency. Corporate america has our government by the balls.
the findings of a single study are not the same thing as an article, which its authors have the ability to pick and choose what info they wish to include, exclude, distort, etc.

Quote:
Why has disease risen so sharply in the US in the past 100 years if our farming habits are better than those that pre-date 1900? If all of these pesticides and processed foods are so good, shouldn't cases of degenerative disease be falling? That's all the proof I need to stay as far away from commercial farming as possible.
This may or may not even be true, I have never looked into it. But if it is, the cure would not be an issue of eating organically grown broccoli; it would be putting down the CinnaBun and Starbucks double mocha chocolate caramel frappacino, getting involved in some type of physical activity, and eating any type of broccoli.

Quote:
You haven't had a problem that you can see at least. At the cellular level, you may indeed be out of balance which is the recipe for disease. If you're only 24, bad habits will not be affecting you as yet. Bad habits will bite you in the rear in due time as they do for everyone.
Trust me, i care about my health greatly, I just dont see the advantage to organic foods. Until I can get an answer more conclusive than "meh, organic food may or may not offer health advantages over non-organic" then I dont see the need to double my grocery bill.

Quote:
In your heart, do you really think ingesting bovine growth hormone is good for the human body?
Probably not, but neither is drinking alcohol, and Im not afriad of that killing me any time soon.

Quote:
Read again. Seems real conclusive.
I didnt say anything was conclusive. The problem is that there is not a lot, if any, conclusive data on this stuff.

Quote:
If salmonella is so high in free range chickens, where are the cases of people getting sick? They should be happening all the time.
Where are the cases of people getting sick from conventionally raised chickens? I dunno, somewhere.

Quote:
If you actually watched the entire series of videos, he took his shirt off to give his lifestyle and teachings credibility. His physique certainly does not injure his argument.
Dudes in good shape for his age, im not denying that, but if you cant see the comedy in it, then I dont know what to tell you.

Quote:
90% of American doctors wouldn't take their shirts off because they are very poor examples of health. I rarely see healthy doctors. They are too stressed out and have poor diets. I would not take lifestyle advice from one of the team doctors I had while playing ball. They were sloppy.
I dont disagree with this.

Quote:
He offers out of the box thinking that fat, unhealthy Americans can't swallow. Chewing your food more till it reaches a more liquid consistnecy may aide in digestion. Mixing water in your mouth with saliva aides in it's assimilation into the body. This is an eastern philosophy. Maybe you should try it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #96
hayjoelb
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well nutrition will definately need to be on your side however you do not need to go nuts with it. It will need to be strict but you don't need to be nuts about it because you will more than likely quit if that's the case. Here are some basic things.

1. Subscribe to mens health, it has good diet tips, fitness tips and women advice.

2. Eat whatever you want one time per week, the rest of the time keep it within the regs... This is your shopping list picked apart by me...

Bananas = No no, ALL carbs

Salami = No effing way, it's Roast beef, turkey, chicken or fish...

Granola = very fattening

Protein = get a tub of whey, that's about all you need

3. Stay away from sugery stuff like juice (unless it's light), drink lots of water and stay away from caffeine. Here is an example of a non-nut case day of meals...

Breakfast:

Piece of fruit

bowl of cereal/skim milk

water or light juice

*if you get hungry before the next meal eat a Protein bar or drink a shake, but BE CAREFUL you do NOT eat protein MEAL REPLACEMENT bars*

Lunch:

Tuna sandwich (made by YOURSELF) with miracle whip, light on it, just enough so it sticks together. Pre made tuna sandwiches have a lot of mayo. On wheat bread...

Water/Light juice

Baked lays if you MUST

*things to NOT have on your sandwiches...MAYO, other sauces, too much cheese*

*in between protein shake*

Dinner:

Skinless chicken breast or Fish... brown rice, steamed veggies and a glass of skim milk or water. You can use salt it will help you retain water...

*shake or bar for desert*

DO NOT EAT PAST 7-8PM!!! If you get hungry, chug a glass of water.

You will need plenty of rest too. That is just the diet section of it in a nutshell, an example of what it should be like while keeping your sanity on a NORMAL person schedule lifestyle.
How is he going to gain any mass following any of that advice? First, I'd be surprised if there was even 1500 calories listed. Second, you mention so much nonsense (like avoiding banana's, granola, and eating past 8pm? lol). It's perfectly fine to eat clean, which is what you appear to be advocating; however, he needs calories.

To the OP, re-read boosted's post, figure out how many calories you would need for a surplus, read through the nutritional section on *******, plan out a simple diet.....THEN go buy food

Eat + train hard = mass
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #97
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OO---OO View Post
A preworkout is always good but not absolutely mandatory. Youll need a NO product 30 mins before your
workout. Afterwards it is very important to comsume 50-60 grams of WHEY protein.
During this period, your muscles will be starving for it.
Before bed, take Casein protein and first thing in the morning, take Whey once again because at that time,
your body will be in a catabolic state!!!!
I cant get into specifics without knowing your metabolic rate, workout plan and goal though.

..if you recieve any good info on Protein, it will just be a repeat of this post, bro. trust me.
60 grams huh? Your body can't fully absorb that many grams of protein in one sitting.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #98
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
What is bothering more now is my love handles, I have look buff or what ever you call it, but my love handles suck dick, I need help with those too. I want to work on my handles 7 days a week.
Wow, just wow.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #99
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayjoelb View Post
How is he going to gain any mass following any of that advice? First, I'd be surprised if there was even 1500 calories listed. Second, you mention so much nonsense (like avoiding banana's, granola, and eating past 8pm? lol). It's perfectly fine to eat clean, which is what you appear to be advocating; however, he needs calories.

To the OP, re-read boosted's post, figure out how many calories you would need for a surplus, read through the nutritional section on *******, plan out a simple diet.....THEN go buy food

Eat + train hard = mass
He is 5'9 180lbs. He doesn't want mass. There is 1500 calories ALONE at dinner time, Plus 3 protein shakes or bars, plus the other two meals. Rework the math. He said he has HANDLES, he doesn't need a ton of food. He needs to LEAN up while buidling muscle.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #100
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
He is 5'9 180lbs. He doesn't want mass. There is 1500 calories ALONE at dinner time, Plus 3 protein shakes or bars, plus the other two meals. Rework the math. He said he has HANDLES, he doesn't need a ton of food. He needs to LEAN up while buidling muscle.
what? 8 oz of chicken breast 240 calories, 1 cup of rice 220 calories and 2 cups of broccoli is another 65 calories. For a grand total of 525 calories. To get to 1500 he'd need to eat 24 oz of chicken, 3 cups of rice and 6 cups of broccoli. That is a ton of food!! And for somone trying to get leaner why would he want 1500 calories at dinner????

To the op, seriously, look at John Berardi's Precision Nutrition. The guy is a Phd and consults for a bunch of sports team and athletes. He knows way more about this stuff than random internet posters!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #101
hayjoelb
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Assuming he eats 12oz of chicken, 2cups of cooked brown rice, AND 1 cup of veggies, you're still only sitting around about 800 calories...and that's a shit ton of food for just one sitting. How many calories do you think these protein shakes of yours have lol? He just lost a significant amount of weight so of COURSE he's going to have handles. The excess skin doesn't have anything to lay against now that there's a void of fat. He can continue to cut and sure his love handles and stomach will get smaller, but they'll still be there. Instead of wasting his time trying to achieve something that won't be tangible yet, add some lean muscle, then cut...the results will be a lot better.

"Lean up while building muscle". You can do this to some affect just by doing a nice long clean bulk and working off of newb gains, but if one process requires a deficiency and the other requires a surplus...how exactly do you propose one goes about doing both at the same time? Broscience 4TL

OP, goto http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ and start researching.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #102
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
^ Yes, if you want "lean out" while gaining size than a long ass clean bulk could accomplish that as you have said since you wouldn't really be losing fat, but instead you would be putting on more muscle relative to your BF, which would end up lowering your BF percentage overall if that makes any sense at all.

A word of advice... do your own research, and after sifting through all of the BS you will be able to draw your own conclusions and determine for yourself what you can realistically work with in your own life.

BTW, I'm up another pound this week... nice!

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #103
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Thanx for everyones advice, I hopefully I achieve my goals. I will always post questions in this thread and I will update it with pics of me lol
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #104
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayjoelb View Post
Broscience 4TL

OP, goto http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ and start researching.
Im surprised my head did not asplode from the sheer amount of irony in these two statements.

Last edited by oldaccount; 09-01-2008 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #105
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
60 grams huh? Your body can't fully absorb that many grams of protein in one sitting.
What if he stands up in the middle of drinking the shake, then sits back down; essentially making it 2 sittings?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #106
hayjoelb
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
I love how you say Broscience FTL, and then direct him to the largest gathering of Bros known to man.
Agreed lol!! But now people on there tend to point out the BS relativity early (nutritional timing, insulin spiking, etc) Aslo there are some really awesome posters who are more on the scientific side of things...my favorites are alan aragon and layne norton. Takes time but you can pick up some extremely valuable tips =)

OP, gl with your journey
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #107
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Between

Bowl of cereal/skim milk

Piece of fruit

Class of light juice

Protein Shake

Tuna Sandwich

Protein Shake

Chicken/Rice/Broccoli

Protein Shake...

He is getting enough calories...

This thread turned into a shit show, a bunch of know it alls trying to feed this guy way more advanced material than he need. People don't realize that getting fit is NOT just eating right and showing up to the gym. It's the will power, and throwing someone who doesnt work out or typically eat healthy into some psycho diet with measuring cups and all that bullshit on top of lifting and training is going to get him to more than likely say fuck this...

Walk...Crawl...Run...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #108
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
^ I think what you are interpreting as people showing off is really just people trying to give someone advice that they wish someone had given to them much earlier in their training when in hindsight you realize just how much time you essentially wasted with busting your ass and getting mediocre results. Just my 2 cents, but I see where you are coming from.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #109
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
I've done my time playing football, and I'm still at 6'0" 211 lbs, w/11% BF

50% Protein, 30% Carbs, 20% Fats (Mono & Poly unsaturated)
It's that simple
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #110
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Yes, youre right (and you poop out the rest) lol.
...My personal opinion about gaining muscle revolves around 3 important things:

1. Diet
2. Excercise
3. Rest/Recovery.

.. And everyone has slightly different techniques and needs on all three of these things.
Appreciate 0