E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Best Way to Lease Transfer?

10-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Best Way to Lease Transfer?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey everyone, I am looking forward to getting back into the M3 world. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out how to get out of my lease. It is a 4 month old 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T with the performance package...
This is my first (and probably last) time I have leased a car, and the trade in value is significantly lower than the buyout right now. Anyone have any thoughts on best way to get the lease transferred? I have heard about leasetraders, swapalease, etc...but not sure of the best option.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
GoGetGriff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Swapalease.com

I've used it about 5 times, flawless execution.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
jballs16
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 RS6, RR LWB, Raptor

Swapalease or is there a cadillac message board?
      10-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #4
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

I got rid of my f80 through swap a lease but keep in mind you have to have a car that's somewhat in demand and depending on the deal you got, you often have to give decent incentive otherwise someone would lease directly from dealer for a lease with 2 plus years remaing. A lot of people are seeking short term 1 year type leases so if you have a 2 plus year lease the demand for that is much lower as they can essentially get it new for a similar price
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8600RPM View Post
I got rid of my f80 through swap a lease but keep in mind you have to have a car that's somewhat in demand and depending on the deal you got, you often have to give decent incentive otherwise someone would lease directly from dealer for a lease with 2 plus years remaing. A lot of people are seeking short term 1 year type leases so if you have a 2 plus year lease the demand for that is much lower as they can essentially get it new for a similar price
Thanks, my plan is to offer $2-$3k to make the deal attractive. I will try swap a lease!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #6
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballs16 View Post
Swapalease or is there a cadillac message board?
Thanks, I never thought of trying the Cadillac message board...didn't even occur to me that one would exist
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
zer0cool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Ya swapalease is great. I swapped my previous BMW that way and it was without any issues.

However first you need to ask Cadillac about its lease transfer policy. BMWs are very easy to transfer, with a 500 transfer fee, and all liability goes to the new lessee. However some brands, like Porsche, makes lease transfer basically impossible. You first must make sure your leasing company (assuming GM finance arm) actually allows lease transfers. You need to make sure liability transfers to the new lessee, instead of staying with you.

Don't give up on leases; it's generally almost always better to lease BMWs rather than buy, maybe with M3 being a rare exception, depending on available deals.

Also it may be hard to transfer a 4 month old car unless you got an amazing deal...

Last edited by zer0cool; 10-23-2015 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #8
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool View Post
Ya swapalease is great. I swapped my previous BMW that way and it was without any issues.

However first you need to ask Cadillac on their lease transfer policy. BMWs are very easy to transfer, with a 500 transfer fee, and all liability goes to the new lessee. However some brands, like Porsche, makes lease transfer basically impossible. You first must make sure your leasing company (assuming GM finance arm) actually allows lease transfers. You need to make sure liability transfers to the new lessee, instead of staying with you.

Don't give up on leases; it's generally almost always better to lease BMWs rather than buy, maybe with M3 being a rare exception, depending on available deals.
Thank you very much, I will check with GM finance...another thing I just assumed was the same for each car manufacturer. Appreciate the insight!
Appreciate 0