E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Is BMW F***ing stupid or something?!?!?!

03-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #45
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
You still didn't answer my question.

Who are you to say driving enthusiasts need to drive a 6sp?

Did you yourself define the term 'driving enthusiast'?
You didn't ask that question to me you asked it to SP330. Anyway.. I never said all driver's cars have to come with a 6 speed. I said that if they have TC you must be able to disable it. As far as automated manuals go BMW's SMG is at the bottom. It shouldn't be the only tranny offered on M's.

And no I didn't define anything. I suppose you could call a Prius a driving enthusiast's car, and it would still be subjective. Anyone with half a brain knows TC you can't turn off doesn't belong on an enthusiast car though.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #46
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I don't remember losing traction to enjoy driving my car.

Or any other ones that I have test drove.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #47
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

did it ever occur that losing traction is a bad thing when it comes to the fastest racing line?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #48
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
did it ever occur that losing traction is a bad thing when it comes to the fastest racing line?
Indeed. I mean, if you want a "pure" car you better sell the e90 since it has ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #49
Viral
Major
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post

Hahahaha so you come on a BMW board and pose with your wife's car and you're not even into BMWs? So now that I know it wasn't your "big balls" that bought the Bimmer it was your wife's big vagina maybe you could tell me what you actually drive... Mr. big balls
I'm not the one posing.......YOU'RE the one looking to buy a base model Cayman and trying to justify why it's better than a 335 coupe......all while on a BMW board

Are you gonna get it as a present on MTV's Super Sweet 16?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #50
SP330
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5

I give credit where its due. The SMG-III is a magnificent transmission. Don't get me wrong there.

As a driving enthusiast, I like to be more involved, manual transmission gives me that. It's more of a visceral thing than anything else. Sort of like passion injected in motorcycles.

A driving enthusiast by all means can drive an SMG and still be safe under the label. Simply put, automated manuals are not my cup of tea.

To Firstclass: enthusiasts are not completely against technology as our posts would have you think. (i.e. BMW's superfluous and large list of electronics)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #51
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I'm not the one posing.......YOU'RE the one looking to buy a base model Cayman and trying to justify why it's better than a 335 coupe......all while on a BMW board

Are you gonna get it as a present on MTV's Super Sweet 16?
well. i must say im hurt, i really am. dont call me a pussy or anything, but it breaks my heart to see BMW owners cursing out eachother. i must agree. Viral, lol. ur wifes car.lol. really, sad. what do you drive? you really think u should be on a BMW forum fucking with us?y u think ppl refer to BMW owners as Militant? (imtalking about ppl like me that will defend their cars prestige at all cost. Ie. BMW fanboy). any way, its your wifes car, ill respect that. but dont come here offending people that have a intimate relationship with their BMW, as (i assume) you just beleive its a car. i think ppl here would beg to differ, no?

NVM. IM SOO PISSED RIGHT NOW, IM POSTING ANOTHER THREAD.
      03-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #52
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
i must agree. Viral, lol. ur wifes car.lol. really, sad. what do you drive?

LOL.. I tried to ask him that and he has no answer. I'm pretty sure he has to ask his wife for a ride if he wants to leave the house He will probably try to make something up now, but the fact remains he lists his wife car as his only car on here. If you're not into BMWs and you don't drive one why come on here and try to mess up threads?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #53
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP330 View Post
I give credit where its due. The SMG-III is a magnificent transmission. Don't get me wrong there.

As a driving enthusiast, I like to be more involved, manual transmission gives me that. It's more of a visceral thing than anything else. Sort of like passion injected in motorcycles.

A driving enthusiast by all means can drive an SMG and still be safe under the label. Simply put, automated manuals are not my cup of tea.

To Firstclass: enthusiasts are not completely against technology as our posts would have you think. (i.e. BMW's superfluous and large list of electronics)
The last SMG I drove was an M3 Completion package.. Either a 2005 or 6 I forget. I take it this was SMG II right? I also drove an earlier M3 with SMG which I assume was probably SMG I. I'm not quite sure when the different SMGs were released.

To me neither of these trannies seemed good enough to be offered exclusively on any BMW. I mean yeah, they were capable of shifting very quickly, but over all they were very rough and clunky even at the slowest setting. I much prefered the standard 6 speed. Has SMG III significantly improved upon its predecessors? I've read that BMW will ditch SMG for DSG soon. The DSG cars I have driven have been MUCH better IMO.

Last edited by 010101; 03-12-2007 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #54
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

natureboy on this forum drives a Honda Fit now whereas his wife drives his very nicely modded E90, does that make him any less of a man? And i drive my Scion tC unless I go back home to San Francisco, where i exchange with my mom for a few days. It'll be mine when my mom gets the real car that she wants but until then, she isn't going to complain about the E90.

I'm sure if Viral is on this forum, he loves his BMW just as much as any of you do, and since when did transmissions define your take on driving? Last i checked, it was more about track times.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #55
Viral
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
natureboy on this forum drives a Honda Fit now whereas his wife drives his very nicely modded E90, does that make him any less of a man? And i drive my Scion tC unless I go back home to San Francisco, where i exchange with my mom for a few days. It'll be mine when my mom gets the real car that she wants but until then, she isn't going to complain about the E90.

I'm sure if Viral is on this forum, he loves his BMW just as much as any of you do, and since when did transmissions define your take on driving? Last i checked, it was more about track times.
finaly a mature, REALISTIC response. I bought the 330 for my wife. Yes, I drive it and I love it.

The point I was making is that the OP implies BMW is "F-ing Stupid" since TC can't be completely turned off in the M5.......the OP has no interest in buying the M5, probably never will, and his logic is plain ignorant. That's all. On top of that, he will refute (and has) ANY post by people who DON'T think BMW is "stupid" due to the TC function on the M5...........and he's buying a base model Cayman????? Is it for his sister? He might lose to an RSX-S.......

These types of threads are so tired and useless.........I would prefer if the OP actually BOUGHT an M5 and then made a post about his observation that the TC can't be completly disabled....THAT would be worthy post. Instead, he's trying to convince everyone that BMW is a poor manufacturer.

I will GUARANTEE you that any M5 owner is beyond happy with their M5, PERIOD. I can't imagine an M5 owner cursing at BMW due to the TC issue (or anything else for that matter).

If the OP had any knowledge and wanted to instigate any sort of intelligent banter, he'd have posted this on an M5 board.

Last edited by Viral; 03-13-2007 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #56
Viral
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
well. i must say im hurt, i really am. dont call me a pussy or anything, but it breaks my heart to see BMW owners cursing out eachother. i must agree. Viral, lol. ur wifes car.lol. really, sad. what do you drive? you really think u should be on a BMW forum fucking with us?y u think ppl refer to BMW owners as Militant? (imtalking about ppl like me that will defend their cars prestige at all cost. Ie. BMW fanboy). any way, its your wifes car, ill respect that. but dont come here offending people that have a intimate relationship with their BMW, as (i assume) you just beleive its a car. i think ppl here would beg to differ, no?

NVM. IM SOO PISSED RIGHT NOW, IM POSTING ANOTHER THREAD.
rude bwoy....the island heat is getting to you. Why are you so vexed??? To be honest, I didn't understand you're post at all........except for the angry part (which I don't understand either).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #57
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
BMW is something (it is unlikely f...ing stupid).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #58
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

here goes another manual/automatic debate. LOL
gotta agree though, it's not the best move for BMW not to let 6 speed M5 to turn off traction control.

as far as safety, doing donuts ALL THE TIME, and etc. concerned, driver has to make the choice.

however, even considering the fact that traction control can't be turned off in 6speed, M5 is still a great driving machine and I have NOT seen a single person complaining about anything about M5, yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #59
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
These types of threads are so tired and useless.........

Once again you dodge our question. I guess your wife really does drive you around. You think my thread is so useless, but you have quite a few responses to it. When I think a thread is truly useless I leave it alone. Bumping it to the top is not going to make it go away. Ignore it if you don’t like it. There are plenty of other threads on this board for you to post unintelligent meaningless crap in. I know you have nothing better to do because your wife is out in her big vagina mobile and you are stuck at home alone... but stop wasting your time in my threads. Very few people are reading your stupid responses, and the people who are call your situation "really, sad."
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #60
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
LOL
gotta agree though, it's not the best move for BMW not to let 6 speed M5 to turn off traction control.

as far as safety, doing donuts ALL THE TIME, and etc. concerned, driver has to make the choice.

however, even considering the fact that traction control can't be turned off in 6speed, M5 is still a great driving machine and I have NOT seen a single person complaining about anything about M5, yet.

That's all I've really been trying to say here. For some reason my thread title has caused the guys who spend half the day jerking off to bmwusa.com to throw tantrums. The driver should be able to choose how he wants to drive the car. On a fun performance car undefeatable tc is just silly.

As for no one complaining about the M5... did you watch the video I had a link to in my original post?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #61
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
The last SMG I drove was an M3 Completion package.. Either a 2005 or 6 I forget. I take it this was SMG II right? I also drove an earlier M3 with SMG which I assume was probably SMG I. I'm not quite sure when the different SMGs were released.

To me neither of these trannies seemed good enough to be offered exclusively on any BMW. I mean yeah, they were capable of shifting very quickly, but over all they were very rough and clunky even at the slowest setting. I much prefered the standard 6 speed. Has SMG III significantly improved upon its predecessors? I've read that BMW will ditch SMG for DSG soon. The DSG cars I have driven have been MUCH better IMO.
All the E46 M3s were SMG II. The E36 M3 had an SMG-I, but I don't believe it was offered in the states. I haven't driven the SMG-III in the M5/M6, but its not really supposed be 'that' different other than slightly faster in race mode and 7-speed.

People either love or hate the SMG. Unless you drive one for a few months, most people will dislike it. There is a learning curve with it. Once you get used to it, its a wonderful transmission. The roughness/clunkyness is easy to solve.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #62
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
All the E46 M3s were SMG II. The E36 M3 had an SMG-I, but I don't believe it was offered in the states. I haven't driven the SMG-III in the M5/M6, but its not really supposed be 'that' different other than slightly faster in race mode and 7-speed.

People either love or hate the SMG. Unless you drive one for a few months, most people will dislike it. There is a learning curve with it. Once you get used to it, its a wonderful transmission. The roughness/clunkyness is easy to solve.

Good to know. I never heard of an SMG e36 here. I'm pretty sure all the US e36 M3s were just run of the mill tc autos or manuals. I agree that people either love or hate SMG. Personally, I am a traditionalist and I would take a 6 speed stick over any automated manual... even my favorite one DSG. That said I would still take SMG over a TC auto. Despite it being clunky (the way I drove it anyway) it is still a very capable tranny. I just don't think any of BMW's cars should be offered exclusively with an auto.

BTW I've been looking at that pic in your sig, and I've been meaning to tell you that is a gorgeous e46. Carbon Black on Cinnamon is really striking. I saw a CB M3 at a local dealer, and thought the color was really nice... Its black interior was a little dull though. The cinnamon makes for a good combo.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #63
Viral
Major
Rep

Quote:
Once again you dodge our question. I guess your wife really does drive you around. You think my thread is so useless, but you have quite a few responses to it. When I think a thread is truly useless I leave it alone. Bumping it to the top is not going to make it go away. Ignore it if you don’t like it. There are plenty of other threads on this board for you to post unintelligent meaningless crap in. I know you have nothing better to do because your wife is out in her big vagina mobile and you are stuck at home alone... but stop wasting your time in my threads. Very few people are reading your stupid responses, and the people who are call your situation "really, sad."
one last thing........stay in your lane, sonny. You're getting upset and it shows in your posts. Relax dude......go and enjoy your base model Cayman, that's IF you actually are going to buy one.

BTW, those things that'll be passing you are called Miatas
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 03:33 AM   #64
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
one last thing........stay in your lane, sonny. You're getting upset and it shows in your posts. Relax dude......go and enjoy your base model Cayman, that's IF you actually are going to buy one.

BTW, those things that'll be passing you are called Miatas

Yeah okay... still no answer... not surprising. Anyway I don't see how you feel like you're in the position to talk sh** about anyone's car when you don't even own one. Thanks for bumping my thread again. It would probably be on the second page by now without you.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #65
Viral
Major
Rep

Quote:
I don't see how you feel like you're in the position to talk sh** about anyone's car when you don't even own one.
You don't see because you can't grasp what I'm saying.........the phrase "game recognize game" doesn't apply here. BTW, I own (title in hand) the 330 I bought for the wife

How's the base-model Cayman shopping going? Do you find yourself having to out-bid the fathers who are looking for the same car for their teenage daughters? Perhaps you could join them on MTV Super Sweet 16....wouldn't that be fun? Or is it the single, independent ladies that are snatching up all the base models?

I'm not talking shit about any car......I'm calling you out and you can't take it. You aren't getting an M5 (but you would if the TC could be disabled....yeah right ), or an E92 (you cancelled the order), and nobody knows if you're serious about getting the Cayman.

Let's assume you could disable the TC on the M5........you'd get it, right? You'd shell out 90K? That means this useless, ignorant thread wouldn't even exist because BMW would NOT be F-ing stupid, correct? But now the alternative is the base-model Cayman??????????? Not even the same level of car.......can't even compare the two.

So are you saying that BMW is stupid but Porsche is brilliant for charging over 50K for a base model car with little or no options and isn't even that fast? I think the people who are REALLY stupid in this scenario are the ones who buy base model Caymans and then come on BMW boards to justify and convince the community of your choice...........

............wait, that would be you
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #66
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

They should allow you to turn of the traction control in every ///M car. Excuses about tq are just that, excuses. If you can turn of the traction control in a Z06 (which has over 100 more lbs of tq, and weighs about 700lbs lighter), you should be able to turn it off in a 100k ///M car.

END OF THREAD
Appreciate 0