E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > broken FRM3 connector tab/driver window switch issue

09-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
Seaneezy
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i

broken FRM3 connector tab/driver window switch issue

Was trying to install my recoded FRM3 and applied too much pressure to the top 51-pin connector (X14261) that I broke the locking tab/pin/clip off of the connector. Now the connector is pretty much stuck in there. Being impatient I put in the other connectors to see if the module worked anyways. Turn signals and lights work, and every window switch works except for the driver's window which is obviously the most important seeing as my A/C is not holding pressure and its regularly 105F+ in northern california atm.

Looking at https://www.bmwgm5.com/Footwell_Module_Connections.htm , I notice there are 5 pins regarding the drivers power window for the specific connector I broke the tab for. To check these pins I need to get the connector off.

So my questions are:
How can I get this connector off safely?
Is there a P/N for a replacement connector/locking tab or should I scour ebay for a used one?
Appreciate 0