E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help! AC UNIT

06-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
mbhuiyan
Rep
Drives: E90 06 325i

Help! AC UNIT

Hey Everybody,

I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what may be going on. I will try to be concise. I have a 2009 BMW 328XI with 90k miles. Basically, in hot weather my AC, specifically the entire driver side blows hot air. If I run the AC for about 10-15 minutes then it will start to blow semi cold air but nothing freezing or crisp. The passenger side takes maybe a minute and blows decently cold air consistently. I would say anything about 77 degrees this would occur. If anything below, the entire car blows nice bone chilling air, which is unnecessary since it’s great weather. My mechanic will not take a look since he said it will be a waste of money for me since he suspects it has something to do with a condenser (I forgot exactly what he said). So he said if it is that, he can’t help me out and to go to BMW to get it fixed. So he said to get it checked there anyway. He said it could cost somewhere around $1800 just because it’s to do with the AC unit and extensive labor. Any ideas? I know people will say go get it checked but I was wondering if anyone had ideas or similar experiences (if so, what was the fix).

Side silly question: Does it have anything to do with the coolant?

Thanks all!!
Appreciate 0