E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grosser Preis Santander Von Deutschland 2010

07-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #45
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
such BS, Alonzo is the biggest cry baby. this really pissed me off
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Ferrari is a fucking BS!!! That's as bad as race fixing...
Quote:
just 100K euro penalty for Ferrari...
Less and less people watch F1, and f***ing Ferrari pulls this crap. And about the 100K euro, they should also fine that pussy Alonso for suggesting it before Massa pulled quite a few seconds ahead of him. What an a$$hole.

F1 is supposed to be about the best drivers in the world winning (including passing teammates). You don't f***ing tell a driver to let a teammate pass (because he has more points), or the drivers with less points would never have a chance to win themselves. After SV and MW incident that wiped out both drivers, maybe just tell Massa not to run him off the track, but NEVER to let him pass. He should have responded: 'To make sure I interpret this correctly, are you giving me team orders to let him pass'? If a 'yes' came thru, I'd have pulled into the freaking pits and give up the race. Ferrari would have been pissed as hell, but that'd have sent a big message that you don't mess with professional drivers like that. I bet no team would have ever thought of that again. I also lost interest in the race after that f***ing comment. And yes, I'm pissed off too .

Finally, SV f***ed up the start big time; what the hell are you wasting time trying to block somebody a mile before the corner? This time it was his fault alone. Still has a lot to learn. Those stupid antics make you lose more than one potential position (2 on this race, and 23 on the last). He needs to practice his freaking starts.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-25-2010 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #46
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
such BS, Alonzo is the biggest cry baby. this really pissed me off

race isnt over yet so hopefully Massa gets it back
Yes, Alonso has always had a little bit of "bitch" in him.

Side note: why the hell can't Vettel figure out his starts?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #47
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Yea I couldnt believe that Vettel did the same thing again, he blocks the 2nd car but gives the 3rd car a complete pass, I dont know what he was thinking. I truly feel for Massa cause since he is not considered among the elite, he is still a great driver and its prob he's dream job so he didnt want to loose risking that. The look on his face at the end and his response to the questions said it all. Poor guy, at least he made it look as obvious as possible so every one knew Alonso didnt beat him.

The only thing that is gonna prevent team orders are guys like MS, LH or Vettel, try telling them to let someone by, those guys will rather crash than let someone buy.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #48
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Just read the link above. I didn't think it could get any worse, then I read Ferrari said those weren't team orders, but 'driver decision'. I've never heard a more direct team order in my life too. They should at least have the freaking balls to admit it when it was obvious to 99.99999% of the fans. What a freaking disgrace. But what it's probably going to drive even more people off the sport is the insulting 'penalty'. Rather than a drive-thru penalty, next race ban, or something that'd have sent the signal to NEVER do that again, they get fined what they make on ONE freaking road car. If I was never going to buy a Ferrari (there're 10 times better cars for much less money), now even less. I also blame Massa. I'd have NEVER followed that order; you don't want to work for an a$$hole team like that. I'd have just pulled over. He wasn't going to win anyway, and who wants to stay after such an incident, but to each his own. Ambition seems to trump principles, and it's a damn shame. Later gang.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
I don't see the big issue. Ok, it doesn't seem "fair", but the attempt to ban team orders is a joke. It really is a team sport. (In this instance) Both drivers are Ferrari employees and like any job, you do what your boss asks of you.

The last thing anyone wants is a repeat of the Vettel/Webber accident.
But then the whole team order is killing the sport...don't tell me you are enjoying the race today. That's not how people remember Fernando's win today: oh what a great "pass" he did on Massa today....he is such a great driver...

all we remember was Rob Smedley told Massa "fernando's pace was faster than you, tell me you got the message." then the next thing...Massa skipped to third gear when he was out of turn 6....what a coincidence...
      07-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #50
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
But then the whole team order is killing the sport...don't tell me you are enjoying the race today. That's not how people remember Fernando's win today: oh what a great "pass" he did on Massa today....he is such a great driver...

all we remember was Rob Smedley told Massa "fernando's pace was faster than you, tell me you got the message." then the next thing...Massa skipped to third gear when he was out of turn 6....what a coincidence...
I agree that it doesn't make for the excitement of the Vettel/Webber crash or an entertaining battle for the fans; but if I was Stefano Domenicali or anyone else on the staff, the last thing I'd want is to lose the 1-2 finish due to contact during a pass.
The competition and racing is still there between the teams, you'd never see Massa move aside to let Hamilton or Vettel through; but even acting as independents (and competing for the Driver's Championship) the drivers also have to work together for the Constructor's Championship.

I guess my view is that sure it's not ideal, but if you really think team-orders will be eliminated completely, you're insane. If I'm RedBull I'd be furious that they could have had a 1-2 finish in Turkey had team-orders been allowed.
      07-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #51
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Alonso is on better place for the drivers championship, his points advantage to Massa is not for team orders at this point. I know it sucks for sport, but dont forget the manufacturers are not there for the glory and the throphy's, they are for money. So, as a Ferrari boss what you would say? c'mon fight for the firts place, crash both and get 0 points! on these levels of competition, and FA far ahead on the table, take risk is not a big deal. Remember the Red Bull affair or McLaren telling to stop because the fuel ... its racing.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #52
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
I really dont wanna hear about the Vettel/Webber crash cause in the same very race LH and Button both showed how team mates are suppose to race, they went at it very hard thru several corners but respecting each others space and line.

Alonso has cried or complained about something in the last couple of races, its getting old. As good as Massa is, he's not one of those drivers thats impossible to pass, if Alonso was as good as he thinks, he should have at least kept trying after that initial effort
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #53
revster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Team orders is not racing.

It's just another form of race fixing and it's against the rules.
      07-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #54
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
I really dont wanna hear about the Vettel/Webber crash cause in the same very race LH and Button both showed how team mates are suppose to race, they went at it very hard thru several corners but respecting each others space and line.
Yeah, just like Massa was doin it on race. He a loser, a second driver. He should asume her position at once and do not disturb.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #55
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:

Alonso has cried or complained about something in the last couple of races, its getting old. As good as Massa is, he's not one of those drivers thats impossible to pass, if Alonso was as good as he thinks, he should have at least kept trying after that initial effort
Well said.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #56
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
First of all, just gonna say the ban of team orders are stupid...
teams orders always exist...

but since its a rule now, not a good one indeed, but ferrari was too obvious to break the "rule"....only if they can do it in a more discrete way...
      07-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #57
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
Yeah, just like Massa was doin it on race. He a loser, a second driver. He should asume her position at once and do not disturb.
BS
Is that what you thought when LH beat him for the title?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #58
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
and Alonso was too whiny about FIA and punishments last couple races...and this time, even without trying to overtake...he said "this is ridiculous".....then ferrari simply tell massa to move over....

geez....what piss people off was not just a single "team order"...it was alonso without trying to overtake as a race driver....he just whine and ask his teammate to move out of his way because he was a two time world champ....if he was indeed faster....why not try to overtake???
      07-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #59
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Exactly! And as I said before, it'd have been very different if he was told not to drive him off the road than to let the sissy pass.

And people saying it's like a regular job where you're supposed to do what you boss says, it's crap. Yeah, it's about the money, but who the hell brings the money? THE FANS. Keep doing that crap and there won't be any fans left, and therefore no money. And yes, it's A LOT BETTER for SV and MW to have crashed than having given a disgraced order like that. They should let the best driver win, and take whatever you get, instead of trying to fix things, and take all the excitement out of the fans.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #60
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep

I agree, more races like this will really hurt fan support, especially in N.Amer.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #61
Zoli007
Professional lurker
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 MCB M3 sold =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I agree, more races like this will really hurt fan support, especially in N.Amer.
Unfortunately probably very true.
      07-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #62
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
I don't really see how this incident will hurt fan support. And let's face it, it's not like Bernie and Formula One Management are concerned with the fans. If so, they'd bring back some of the European races instead of going to where the deep pockets (but no fans) are.

And the money brought in the the ticket sales pales in comparison to the funding sponsors provide. It's not done for the fans, it's done for the corporations slapping their logo on the side-pod.
      07-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #63
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I don't think it'll hurt the sport that much, looked at Schumi passed Rubens back in their Ferrari days...its not like the fans will disappear the next day....

Its just another argument fans can go on until next week's Hungarian GP...
      07-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #64
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Lets change the topic a bit.

Mark Webber coming in 6th. Mclaren did a great job locking him out, and keeping Red Bull stagnant in the overall standing.

I'm still of the opinion that Webber is just an average driver in a superb car.
      07-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #65
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Lets change the topic a bit.

Mark Webber coming in 6th. Mclaren did a great job locking him out, and keeping Red Bull stagnant in the overall standing.

I'm still of the opinion that Webber is just an average driver in a superb car.
Good strategy combined with Button's care of the option tires made him pass Webber on the pit stop rotation...perfect timing from the McLaren pitwall...

I just wish Vettel's start can be more mature...everytime he tried to defend his position...he ended losing so much that he earned from the qualifying...
      07-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #66
revster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Controversy *increases* interest in the sport.

The FIA, FIFA, and NASCAR, to name a few, understand this perfectly well.