E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I love animals but...

10-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #23
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

My dad bought us a Daisy when we were kids. It got so weak from shooting it all day long you had to aim yards above your target. We could watch the BB it was so weak.
      10-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

"Then I focused on the humming noise and said to myself, "breathing in I realize the humming noise, breathing out I realize the impermanence of the humming noise." I was accepting the noise and allowing it to just sound--not judging it or fighting its presence. I was realizing the interconnectivity of sounds as I heard the birds at our feeder chirping away their beautiful song at the same time as the truck was humming away. Neither is any better or worse then the other. All sounds have the same value as any other. It is us who judge them as annoying or bothersome or good or soothing."

http://thebuddhistblog.blogspot.com/...editation.html
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #25
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Having shot birds as a kid with bb guns for fun, you won't kill them. Most of the time.
BB guns these days will kill a bird in a heartbeat!!
Mine shoots .22 cal pellets and let me tell at 1000fps its going to hurt!!
I have a really nice one and I kill pigeons, birds, SQUIRRELS all the time!!
      10-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #26
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
"Then I focused on the humming noise and said to myself, "breathing in I realize the humming noise, breathing out I realize the impermanence of the humming noise." I was accepting the noise and allowing it to just sound--not judging it or fighting its presence. I was realizing the interconnectivity of sounds as I heard the birds at our feeder chirping away their beautiful song at the same time as the truck was humming away. Neither is any better or worse then the other. All sounds have the same value as any other. It is us who judge them as annoying or bothersome or good or soothing."

http://thebuddhistblog.blogspot.com/...editation.html
Deep man. Deep.

I have a pretty open and fair mind. I have killed a few doves(ate them) one squirrel who was driving my doberman to insanity and a few frogs.

The jay was doing his thing in my neighbors yard yesterday. I heard some crack and the bird stopped. He threw a pine cone at it. Those heavy closed and dense type. Not the light open ones.

This bird has a set of pipes like I have NEVER heard. And proud of it.