E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > College Recommendations?

10-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #45
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaultOne View Post
NYU is pretty damn close to Ivy League. Its undergraduate business school is ranked above Cornell's. I think it's ranked 4th or 5th overall.
Im currently a freshman in UC Berkeley as an intended Business major.
MY HIGH SCHOOL STATS:
My GPA was 4.2(weighted) 3.86 (unweighted)
My highest SAT score was 1980
My highest ACT score was 30
I applied to Cornell, NYU, Brown, Stanford, UCLA, UC Berkeley, UPenn.
I only got into Cornell and BErkeley out of those schools so my guess is you should try to apply to them but your chances are really slim (to put it lightly).

go bears! i spent most of my time in davis hall and evans (engineering). i also got shot down by stanford but i was waitlisted at UPenn for their management & tech program (you get a B.S. Eng and a B.A in business in 5 years). seriously, sometimes admissions is the most random process...
      10-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #46
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

ru
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #47
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

smith college, marymount, sarah lawrence,Wellesley
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #48
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep

wellesley is women only i believe (seven sisters)...vassar is coed i think now
      10-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #49
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

dont go to babson... been there, it doesnt look like a very good school. go to boston university! or you could save some tuition fees by coming to canada! haha

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #50
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4scrilla View Post
ru
rutgers is weird. if applying to newerk or camden... yeah he will get in.

New Brunswick is a top 50 school now, so they might reject qualified candidates.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #51
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
You should look into schools in PA. Penn State has a very good business program and their entrance req's aren't too bad. Villanova is rated #12 in business programs (BusinessWeek; list excludes the obvious ivys). I went to 'Nova for ugrad (finance & accounting), law schl & my MBA (finance) and, at no stage, was I not a competitor for jobs w/top firms (E&Y, KPMG, GS, MS, etc.). I got 40+ interviews through on campus recruiting as a ugrad there in my senior year. ~25 callbacks, a bunch of offers. I hear they have gotten tighter with their entrance req's but you would have a chance. Sorry, NYU Stern isn't even worth the app. fee or spending time on personal statement b/c no way you'll get in w/those grades.
+1

I went to Nova...great school...engineering and business are ranked every year....I did structural engineering and economics....got a great job at a top investment firm on wall street. They really key in on helping grads out....had a bunch of interviews with top wall street firms...goldman, morgan....etc.

Fordham also a great school...(my dad went there) they are continually up'ing there standards (if you will) every year....becoming harder and harder to get in.

Good luck man!

What part of ny you from?....where do you go to HS?
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #52
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaultOne View Post
I applied to Cornell, NYU, Brown, Stanford, UCLA, UC Berkeley, UPenn. I only got into Cornell and BErkeley out of those schools so my guess is you should try to apply to them but your chances are really slim (to put it lightly).
I believe there are regional quotas at a lot of schools. I bet if you didn't live in CA, you would have had more acceptances.

You're prob happier at UC Berkeley, than Cornell. My sister, and many friends, went there.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #53
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
I believe there are regional quotas at a lot of schools. I bet if you didn't live in CA, you would have had more acceptances.

You're prob happier at UC Berkeley, than Cornell. My sister, and many friends, went there.
the regional quota's sometimes seem illogical to me. i know rice has one for people appying from houston (where i went to HS), but it seemed like berkeley was tougher to get into for out of staters.

having been to both, i gotta say, berkeley weather beats cornell hands down. that and the rigor of the engineering program.
      10-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #54
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

It doesn't really matter what college you attend. It doesn't matter if you finish it or not. You just have to be truly smart with street smarts and not just book smarts.
It seems like the world's top successful individuals (overall earnings) didn't finish college or even attend college.
Appreciate 0