E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Looking for reputable iPhone hacker

09-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Looking for reputable iPhone hacker

I know, reputable and hacker may not be one and the same but I need someone to do a jailbreak and unlock on an iPhone 4 for use with T-Mobile. I used to mess with this stuff but would rather just have someone who might do this on a regular basis take care of it. Prefer Socal area but willing to work with an honest person anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

download redsnow
hit jailbreak
tadaaa

more specifically:

follow this guide(i just googled it)
http://absinthejailbreak.com/jailbre...-on-mac-5-1-1/
after jailbreaking, you should have cydia installed. Go to cydia and search for ultrasnow. Ultrasnow will let you unlock your phone. Make sure you have your tmobile chip in there and everything should be ok.
      09-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

actually if your phone is out of contract, you can go straight to the t-mobile store and they will unlock it for you
      09-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
download redsnow
hit jailbreak
tadaaa

more specifically:

follow this guide(i just googled it)
http://absinthejailbreak.com/jailbre...-on-mac-5-1-1/
after jailbreaking, you should have cydia installed. Go to cydia and search for ultrasnow. Ultrasnow will let you unlock your phone. Make sure you have your tmobile chip in there and everything should be ok.
Yeah, that's how it was done in the past but with Apple making it harder and harder I wasn't sure if it was as easy as that anymore. Also, since the iPhone 4 uses a micro sim card, I wasn't sure if A. T-mobile was using them as well and B. a Gevey type sim chip was also needed or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Yeah, that's how it was done in the past but with Apple making it harder and harder I wasn't sure if it was as easy as that anymore. Also, since the iPhone 4 uses a micro sim card, I wasn't sure if A. T-mobile was using them as well and B. a Gevey type sim chip was also needed or not.
AH okay. Well I did it with my girlfriends iPhone because she has t-mobile as well(before t-mobile starting unlocking phones for free). I gave her my old phone when I upgraded. You just need to trim the t-mobile sim card slightly on the plastic part, and it will fit in the micro-sim tray. Make sure not to cut it too much or then it can move around the tray. I just measured the micro sim to hers and cut it

something like this:

09-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
AH okay. Well I did it with my girlfriends iPhone because she has t-mobile as well(before t-mobile starting unlocking phones for free). I gave her my old phone when I upgraded. You just need to trim the t-mobile sim card slightly on the plastic part, and it will fit in the micro-sim tray. Make sure not to cut it too much or then it can move around the tray. I just measured the micro sim to hers and cut it

something like this:

Interesting. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Is full functionality there? When I was last doing it, you couldn't use 3G and there were issues with sending/receiving MMS.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

o not sure. my girl doesn't have a data plan with tmobile, nor does she use texting. She does everything on wifi because its cheaper, and shes always either at home or school, both of which have wifi
      09-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
o not sure. my girl doesn't have a data plan with tmobile, nor does she use texting. She does everything on wifi because its cheaper, and shes always either at home or school, both of which have wifi
Understood.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I know, reputable and hacker may not be one and the same but I need someone to do a jailbreak and unlock on an iPhone 4 for use with T-Mobile. I used to mess with this stuff but would rather just have someone who might do this on a regular basis take care of it. Prefer Socal area but willing to work with an honest person anywhere.
Why haven't asked you asked me about this?!? Just kidding.

I've jailbroken and unlocked pretty much every phone out there.

JB is definitely possible but unlock depends on what version of the bootloader you have and if you have the .shsh files stored from previous versions.

You can unlock it with a Gevey sim though, or pay for an unlock to someone that has an insider either in apple or the cellphone carrier.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #11
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
JB is definitely possible but unlock depends on what version of the bootloader you have and if you have the .shsh files stored from previous versions.

You can unlock it with a Gevey sim though, or pay for an unlock to someone that has an insider either in apple or the cellphone carrier.
This is the part I was worried about.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Is full functionality there? When I was last doing it, you couldn't use 3G and there were issues with sending/receiving MMS.
I thought the iPhone4 only had GSM bands at 850, 900, 1800, and 1900. T-mobile's GSM bands are 1700 and 2100 IIRC. So that would be why you couldn't get T-Mo 3G on the iP4 even with a SIM unlock. The radio just doesn't run those freqs for that protocol. AFAIK, Edge should be good. This has been the case with iPhones for a while, but I don't know if that changed with the 4S and beyond. For a long time, unlocking AT&T iPhones and selling to T-Mo subscribers has had to come with the caveat that the T-Mo guy can't use 3G.

The iP4 does have HSPA (3.5G) capability at 2100 though. So if you're in a 2100 area, you should be good for UMTS. Otherwise, I think you might be stuck with Edge.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I thought the iPhone4 only had GSM bands at 850, 900, 1800, and 1900. T-mobile's GSM bands are 1700 and 2100 IIRC. So that would be why you couldn't get T-Mo 3G on the iP4 even with a SIM unlock. The radio just doesn't run those freqs for that protocol. AFAIK, Edge should be good. This has been the case with iPhones for a while, but I don't know if that changed with the 4S and beyond. For a long time, unlocking AT&T iPhones and selling to T-Mo subscribers has had to come with the caveat that the T-Mo guy can't use 3G.

The iP4 does have HSPA (3.5G) capability at 2100 though. So if you're in a 2100 area, you should be good for UMTS. Otherwise, I think you might be stuck with Edge.
Too bad EDGE is total crap.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Too bad EDGE is total crap.
Yeah beyond crap by today's standards. I never understood why the T-Mo people wanted unlocked iPhones that didn't run any faster than Edge.... But they did pay quite a bit of money for them, so I'm not going to complain.

Not sure if this problem exists anymore, or if Apple has included the other GSM bands since then... But it looks like the only UMTS/HSPA you're going to get with an iPhone4 on T-Mo would be if you're in a 2100 area. Otherwise, you're stuck with 2G. That hurts unless you've got wifi wherever you go.
Appreciate 0