E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What are you spending on dinner for two?

11-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #111
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Median household income is $50k? As in like... combined wages between two people (assuming household income is majority marriage/togetherness bullshit)?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #112
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I forgot who but some here AGAIN dropped
"I make"
"My sugga mama/dada makes"
"My wife/husband makes"
"My friend makes"

so, I just posted the income tax bracket.
I believe it was the only person on this board with an actual sugar daddy.

.... no not me unfortunately. I fckn wish tho.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #113
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Dude. 5k/mo is plenty.
Save up and just pay everything in cash.

People brag about
"my friend/sugga daddy makes $408k/yr" idiots are peasants.

Real high roller give a flying-f about w-2s and play in different tax system.

I am not a munies investor, but one of the guy I know makes about $350k/yr just on munies, and it is tax free.

350k tax free is like 750k/yr gross?
You're right, peasants wages are based on hourly wages.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #114
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post

You wish some dude paided to have sex with you and parade with you out in public? Hmm, not bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #115
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
You wish some dude paided to have sex with you and parade with you out in public? Hmm, not bad.
..... is he a millionaire?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #116
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Median household income is $50k? As in like... combined wages between two people (assuming household income is majority marriage/togetherness bullshit)?
Everyone in household over 15, regardless of relation:
http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acsbr12-02.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #117
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
..... is he a millionaire?
You mean Multi Millionarie and yes. Yes he is.

I guess what I'm asking is - what color you want your Porsche GT2 in?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #118
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
You mean Multi Millionarie and yes. Yes he is.

I guess what I'm asking is - what color you want your Porsche GT2 in?
GT2? What the fuck do I look like? I'm backing out of this deal now, just because I'm not going to sit around and be treated like some red headed lop sided boobied bimbo.

Thank you, but no thank you politely.

Quote:
Everyone in household over 15, regardless of relation:
http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acsbr12-02.pdf
HAHAHA, peasants.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #119
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

$50k is plenty (maybe except NYC, SF, DC area).
There are lots of people who buy stuff out of means.

Buy suits , 99" LCD TV on Credit card.
Buy lavishing Porsche 911 TurboS on loan.
Buy a $800k house in Westwood/SantaMonica CA on a 0-10% down mortgage PLUS PMI payment (or 80/20 junk).

One of my most frugal friend I had was just a Dentist who has his private practice in Diamond Bar CA, and made tons of cash. I think he lived in those slum lord apartment to save money. 10 years ago, he was paying $680/mo rent in LA. That is like unheard of at that time.

Maybe he just ordered Rocket Ship from Virgin Atlantic or SpaceX

Sir, there is nothing wrong with hourly wage and even $8.75/hr job. As long as they are money hungry, and don't have that "I am too full and pride to..."
mentality. That is a peasant mentality. When they are dirt poor, and when they suddenly got hit by some cash, they get lazy and suddenly brag about it. I understand.... they were poor and now have some money to show off.
Later, they have no where to brag about, and they start to brag about it on social media or forums.

I think I just mentioned one Muni investor guy I know. He doesn't have to work at all. However, he has a $11/hr job just to get going.
Multi-millionaire and hvae a $11/hr job. THAT IS MONEY HUNGRY!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
You're right, peasants wages are based on hourly wages.
      11-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #120
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Uhm it is a 335 still you know that right? lol
because all e92 335's have DCT

Last edited by Sara; 11-07-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #121
E90-F30
Allen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I thought you had an F8x on order? I hope you make more than 5k a month ha ha.
I do have a F82 on order, haha. But no, I don't make more than $5k/month, lol. I just don't have a lot of expenses, I'm single, and I don't have any kids. Cars are my biggest passion/hobby. I spend around $275/mo. for car insurance, $225/mo. for gas, $185/mo. for health insurance, $400/mo. on food & groceries, and $110/mo. on my cell phone bill. And soon, I'll have a car payment for the F82. But I financed for 75 months at 2.29% and put a $20k down payment on it, so it won't be too high. I still have a decent bit left over at the end of each month, which either goes into a savings account or random things I want to buy (electronics mostly).
Car poor...:
      11-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #122
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
GT2? What the fuck do I look like? I'm backing out of this deal now, just because I'm not going to sit around and be treated like some red headed lop sided boobied bimbo.

Thank you, but no thank you politely.

HAHAHA, peasants.
You have to work your way up to the McLaren bud.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #123
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Too funny, does seem that way if all the BS is in fact true. Personally not buying half of it.

Quote:
You just need to try harder, I'm sure there's someone somewhere willing to pay for those mad art skills.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #124
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
W. T. F. ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30 View Post
Car poor...:
I still live very well off. You also have to understand that the cost of living in my area is VERY low. To give you a little back story, I just graduated from college in May. So I moved back to TN and lived with some friends in a very nice apartment. Much nicer than the condo I had in Miami that I paid roughly $1,400/mo. for, and we only paid around $800/mo. here. But I decided to move back in with my parents after a few months. Not only do my parents live in a VERY nice home, but they're also getting older in age (my father just turned 70), and they need a lot more help around the house. So I take care of cleaning, doing outdoor work and landscaping, helping my dad out with projects or moving things into storage, etc. In turn, I don't have to pay any sort of rent, just my portion of the tv/internet bill. I also buy my own food & groceries and pay my own cell phone bill.

It's just a better living situation for me. Wouldn't say "poor" by any means, as I'll still have roughly 30% of my income left over at the end of the month, after paying my health insurance, car payment, car insurance, gas, tv/internet, cell phone, and grocery bills, along with any money I spend going out to eat/drink.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #125
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
I still live very well off. You also have to understand that the cost of living in my area is VERY low. To give you a little back story, I just graduated from college in May. So I moved back to TN and lived with some friends in a very nice apartment. Much nicer than the condo I had in Miami that I paid roughly $1,400/mo. for, and we only paid around $800/mo. here. But I decided to move back in with my parents after a few months. Not only do my parents live in a VERY nice home, but they're also getting older in age (my father just turned 70), and they need a lot more help around the house. So I take care of cleaning, doing outdoor work and landscaping, helping my dad out with projects or moving things into storage, etc. In turn, I don't have to pay any sort of rent, just my portion of the tv/internet bill. I also buy my own food & groceries and pay my own cell phone bill.

It's just a better living situation for me. Wouldn't say "poor" by any means, as I'll still have roughly 30% of my income left over at the end of the month, after paying my health insurance, car payment, car insurance, gas, tv/internet, cell phone, and grocery bills, along with any money I spend going out to eat/drink.
my WTF was "that's a good situation"
What did you major in?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #126
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post

I envy you sir.
This is time when you try to save all you can while you live with your parents. Your living cost is extremely low relative to others. Meaning your disposable income is "most likely" higher than guys/gals who makes $200k/yr.

If you save $20k/yr and invest wisely, you will have $200k in your money market account within 5-6years.
(I would rather have $200k in my checking than make 200k/yr)
      11-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #127
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Going back to the topic....

MIMI's cafe will be our lunch tomorrow.
Starbucks coffee after...

Not a huge fan of Mimi's, but deal is a deal.
(Lunch on us deal)

11-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #128
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
my WTF was "that's a good situation"
What did you major in?
OH, haha. I majored in Geological Sciences. I actually interviewed with ExxonMobil and Shell Oil my senior year, and I'm debating taking up an internship with one of them. But that would require me moving to Houston, South Dakota, or South America, and I'd really like to find something around here. That, and I'm still young. So I'd like to test the waters and see what sort of fun and exciting career opportunities I can come across. At the moment, I work as a Marketing Representative for a local lending company.

Quote:
I envy you sir.
This is time when you try to save all you can while you live with your parents. Your living cost is extremely low relative to others. Meaning your disposable income is "most likely" higher than guys/gals who makes $200k/yr.

If you save $20k/yr and invest wisely, you will have $200k in your money market account within 5-6years.
(I would rather have $200k in my checking than make 200k/yr)
That, and I get to spend a lot more time with them that I wouldn't get to have if I were still living in town with room mates.

And that's exactly what I would like to do, in regards to the investing. At the moment, I've just invested in share certificates and my savings account. But I would like to start investing in bigger things. Hopefully I can either move up or land a better position locally, so that I can make that possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #129
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

For the two of us...

Average dinner - 60+tip bucks. Average bar night 120 bucks+tip. Average 'special' dinner which we do every other month or so - 200-300.

Bar's are the real issue. We go out 1-3 times a week so it adds up quick. The last two weekends I think I/we spent 700-800 bucks on booze/food.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #130
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Personally, I would rather pay $300 to eat at the $60 place than have to eat at the $300 place. At one of my jobs I use to get free gift cards to go eat at different restaurants (typically $100 gift cards but might get more than one sometimes). Anyways long story short we ate at a lot of pricey places because of this for a while and honestly... just not my cup o tea. I cannot stand hoity-toity places or hoity-toity people. I would take a hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint over a fancy steak house any day.

Typically I got out every day for lunch but thats usually <$20. On weekends we go out once MAYBE twice and spend $70-80 MAX if we go crazy. My typical joints are closer to $35-$55 for two of us.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #131
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

You mean, how much does my wife spend every single month on Whole Foods? My wife is such a good cook, that unless I want to get out of the house, the food is better at home.

We eat out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I cannot seem to find a spot that will get me out the door for less than $100 per meal.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #132
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You mean, how much does my wife spend every single month on Whole Foods? My wife is such a good cook, that unless I want to get out of the house, the food is better at home.

We eat out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I cannot seem to find a spot that will get me out the door for less than $100 per meal.

I fuckin love cooking at home. I cook what I like 110% of the time, and it's always scrumdidlyuptious. The beers are a lot cheaper at home, too. It's the perfect package.

But going out is easy if I'm feeling lazy, lol.
Appreciate 0