E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone Tried p90x? Results..

01-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #23
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

So is this just to get cut or can we actually gain some mass and bulk up with this program? Thinking about trying it out since I've heard a lot of good things...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #24
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by knext21 View Post
So is this just to get cut or can we actually gain some mass and bulk up with this program? Thinking about trying it out since I've heard a lot of good things...
The only thing I know about p90x is what I saw while walking through the garage at my parents house while my dad was doing it, which was a ~2 minute long set of concentration curls. So my guess is going to be no, you wont make significant strength or size gains with it. Which makes sense considering the weight loss market > the weight gain market.

Literally every single person I know or know of that likes the program has done precisely zero activity in recent history. Its so successful because

1. its marketed well
2. everything comes packaged for you - you dont have to do anything other than put the dvd in and follow along. it requires no thinking or other work on your part.
3. almost ANY exercise is better than no exercise in the untrained population. its hard not to produce results.

Which isnt to say theres anything wrong with the program, its just not magical or any better than many other non-retarded programs out there.
Appreciate 0