E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Corvette ZR1 rips through the ring at 7:26.4 minutes!

06-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #23
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

The most impressive thing to me is the ZR1 managed to get this time on stock tires. The GTR was using racing tires (I believe). Racing tires on a course as big as the ring would be good for an extra 5-6 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #24
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
The most impressive thing to me is the ZR1 managed to get this time on stock tires. The GTR was using racing tires (I believe). Racing tires on a course as big as the ring would be good for an extra 5-6 seconds.
You should really have proof first, or else GTR fans will be jumping on your "I believe" statement...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #25
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
You should really have proof first, or else GTR fans will be jumping on your "I believe" statement...

I understand where you are coming from, but i'm not as interested in being a fanboy as I am about finding out the truth. I'm hoping that someone will shed some light on whether or not the gtr was running aftermarket tires or not. It looks like half of the publications/blogs are pointing to the car having aftermarkets, while half of them say the car was wearing stock Japanese market tires.
Appreciate 0