E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What gets to you?

Closed Thread

07-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #441
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
How about in the morning, when the only thing standing between you and your office, is 3.5 miles and a Chevy Aveo going 10 under the speed limit
Or you want to take a right on red and the asshat in front of you is parked a car length back from the line for no reason and is blocking your turn. Or worse, the asshat is going left but is stopped way over to the right.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #442
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

People who chew with their mouths slightly open so you can hear every slurp and smack. Rude and disgusting, and the people are oblivious about it.

Another thing is people who are oblivious to them wasting the time of others. For example, when you're getting off the plane, the guy who doesn't start gathering his stuff until the moving part of the line reaches him. The entire airplane ahead of him is long empty by the time he gathers his shit and there's half a plane load of people behind him waiting. What a douche. Other examples...blocking the left lane...reading the menu only after you get to the front of the line...doing a very leisurely left hand turn on a yellow light even though there are cars behind you who now have to wait another cycle...blocking a narrow staircase, sidewalk, aisle or passage by just sauntering down even though many others are in a hurry. I suppose the people who don't value their own time also don't value that of others...or they're just too stupid.

Stuff designed to the lowest common denominator drives me insane, too. For example, at intersections with one left turn lane, after the green arrow you get a green light and can turn when it's clear. Where there are two lanes...you know...BUSY PLACES...you get a red fcuking arrow and aren't supposed to turn even though the coast is clear. The reason is this: if there are two large vehicles stopped in the left turn lanes across the street, and you're in the right hand left turn lane, there's a good chance you won't be able to see if there's oncoming traffic. Instead of teaching people how to safely make this turn and using their judgement, we have to waste everyone's time. I'm actually beginning to ignore this rule and just turning as long as I have a clear view of oncoming traffic, checked the crosswalk I'll be turning into, and did a quick check for cops (although I've done this move right in front of cops with no problem). I wish we'd just go to roundabouts. Saves a lot of time and gas.

The same can be said for speed limits. Why on earth is the safe maximum speed the same for my 335i with new Michelin Pilot SS tires and a clean windshield and a 80 degree clear sunny day the same as the safe maximum speed for a 1974 Chevy pickup with a bent frame, warped brake rotors and 30 year old brake fluid, bug spattered windshield, and four mismatched tires including a space saver spare, one completely bald, and two retreads with cracks and pieces missing on a drizzly night? Use some judgement, cops! Most speed limits were set with much more primitive cars in mind. I routinely go 10-15 over, even in town.

Last edited by carve; 07-17-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #443
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

People who say "Expresso"
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #444
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
People who say "Expresso"
See post #17.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #445
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
See post #17.
haha yes! It bothers us both I see.
I heard it this afternoon and so felt compelled to comment here
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #446
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Another thing is people who are oblivious to them wasting the time of others. For example, when you're getting off the plane, the guy who doesn't start gathering his stuff until the moving part of the line reaches him. The entire airplane ahead of him is long empty by the time he gathers his shit and there's half a plane load of people behind him waiting. What a douche.
This bothers me soooooo much. It happens virtually every time I fly so there are a surprising amount of these dipshits out there. How do you not want to get the hell off of the plane as quickly as possible? I just dont get it.

On a related not, I cant comprehend why airlines board the front of the plane first. It creates the same problem of people trying to get to their seats but are being blocked unnecessarily by passengers sitting towards the front.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #447
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Also the families that don't know how to book tickets correctly and end up having to ask people to move their seats so they can sit with the wife and kids.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #448
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Another thing is people who are oblivious to them wasting the time of others.

Agreed, this drives me insane. Just the other night I made an appointment to get my hair cut at 6:30 and I arrived 10 minutes early. As I would expect, the stylist is still working on the client ahead of me, so I patiently await my turn. Little did I realize, the guy ahead of me was a new client who apparently also has OCD. He kept having the stylist trim little bits of his hair and beard, look over it thoroughly with multiple mirrors, then ask her advice on what he should change. At 7:00, he was finally satisfied with the result and left, inconveniencing three of us who had made appointments. I really wanted to say something, but decided it best not to make a scene.
      07-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #449
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Also the families that don't know how to book tickets correctly and end up having to ask people to move their seats so they can sit with the wife and kids.

Yes...quite nerve wrecking!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #450
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Another thing is people who are oblivious to them wasting the time of others. For example, when you're getting off the plane, the guy who doesn't start gathering his stuff until the moving part of the line reaches him. The entire airplane ahead of him is long empty by the time he gathers his shit and there's half a plane load of people behind him waiting. What a douche.
I'm actually the opposite. It drives me insane when the entire plane is standing in the aisle with their carry-ons and the fucking door isn't even open yet. There are 200 people getting off the plane before me, why the hell do I need to stand up all hunched over in my seat for 15 minutes? I'm sitting until the line movement is three rows ahead of mine.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #451
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
I'm actually the opposite. It drives me insane when the entire plane is standing in the aisle with their carry-ons and the fucking door isn't even open yet. There are 200 people getting off the plane before me, why the hell do I need to stand up all hunched over in my seat for 15 minutes? I'm sitting until the line movement is three rows ahead of mine.
I completely agree. I actually judge people quite negatively when they're in such a hurry to get their bags "ready" before the door has even opened.

When I'm given space and the line is poised to move forward, it takes me all of 5-10 seconds to get into the aisle, remove my luggage from the compartment, and engage "roller" mode.

I've actually encountered people who are annoyed when I do this. Here's the funny part. After spending 5-10 seconds to get going, I walk for another 5 seconds @ 5 MPH until I stop. I've reached the end of the line! In all of that 5-10 seconds it took me to gather my luggage and get going, the line in front of me has moved no more than 10 feet. This isn't surprising, as there's a bottleneck at the front of the plane. Disembarking from the actual plane is the rate limiting step.

I want to say 3-5% of the time the person directly behind me will huff and puff and scowl over the fact that I didn't have my bags ready immediately. No one ever tells me directly, but I can tell. It's rare to encounter this level of idiocy.

I'm the red circle:

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #452
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I completely agree. I actually judge people quite negatively when they're in such a hurry to get their bags "ready" before the door has even opened.

When I'm given space and the line is poised to move forward, it takes me all of 5-10 seconds to get into the aisle, remove my luggage from the compartment, and engage "roller" mode.

I've actually encountered people who are annoyed when I do this. Here's the funny part. After spending 5-10 seconds to get going, I walk for another 5 seconds @ 5 MPH until I stop. I've reached the end of the line! In all of that 5-10 seconds it took me to gather my luggage and get going, the line in front of me has moved no more than 10 feet. This isn't surprising, as there's a bottleneck at the front of the plane. Disembarking from the actual plane is the rate limiting step.

I want to say 3-5% of the time the person directly behind me will huff and puff and scowl over the fact that I didn't have my bags ready immediately. No one ever tells me directly, but I can tell. It's rare to encounter this level of idiocy.
If we are not blocking anyone in our row (which is typically the case) and we are towards the back of the plane we just wait until they all gtfo. I mean why stand there uncomfortable for like 10min so we can get out of the plane a few seconds sooner. Sometimes someone will be eating shit and a large gap will form allowing us to get out before everyone has left.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #453
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
For once I agree with you..
but these guys are a lot more common than the one who moves too late

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Agreed, this drives me insane. Just the other night I made an appointment to get my hair cut at 6:30 and I arrived 10 minutes early. As I would expect, the stylist is still working on the client ahead of me, so I patiently await my turn. Little did I realize, the guy ahead of me was a new client who apparently also has OCD. He kept having the stylist trim little bits of his hair and beard, look over it thoroughly with multiple mirrors, then ask her advice on what he should change. At 7:00, he was finally satisfied with the result and left, inconveniencing three of us who had made appointments. I really wanted to say something, but decided it best not to make a scene.
Waiting in the checkout this old man is fiddling around with his coupons or whatever and seems to take MORE time once he sees me and other other ppl are waiting behind him - he was proceeding at a normal pace before - wtf?
So I just said to him: (in Chinese) "POPS, [CAN YOU] HURRY UP?"
He was surprised and got out of there..
Seriously, why do you take MORE time when you are inconveniencing others? fuck u pops!

Then there was this old lady counting a mountain of coins.. the cashier just went straight to me and let her count to her sweet time
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #454
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I stand up in time to get my shit and return to my seat. If I want to stand up before then, how does that inconvenience you in any way? It might not be logically the most comfortable thing to do, but it's no skin off your back. Some people have tight connections and not moving as fast as possible is extraordinarily rude.

Just on Sunday a guy was doing this. Stood up when the line got to him, and I swear it took him a full minute to get his stuff together. The front of the plane was long empty. Meanwhile, there're about 100 people behind them, so he basically wasted 100 minutes of peoples time.

The same stuff happens in the jetway or moving walkway (standway? No idea why people stand on them as it would take you forever to get to the end). The slowest fat asses or people dragging their brat always walk right down the middle...never hugging the side for people to pass.

Last edited by carve; 07-17-2014 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #455
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post

Then there was this old lady counting a mountain of coins.. the cashier just went straight to me and let her count to her sweet time
Ran into this last night. Some old bat digging in her enormous purse for that last penny to make exact change. Meanwhile there are 5 people waiting to check out so Penny Pincher doesn't have to deal with more change.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #456
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
The slowest fat asses or people dragging their brat always walk right down the middle...never hugging the side for people to pass.
Oh those freaking escalefters!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #457
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
I stand up in time to get my shit and return to my seat. If I want to stand up before then, how does that inconvenience you in any way? It might not be logically the most comfortable thing to do, but it's no skin off your back. Some people have tight connections and not moving as fast as possible is extraordinarily rude.

Just on Sunday a guy was doing this. Stood up when the line got to him, and I swear it took him a full minute to get his stuff together. The front of the plane was long empty. Meanwhile, there're about 100 people behind them, so he basically wasted 100 minutes of peoples time.

The same stuff happens in the jetway or moving walkway (standway? No idea why people stand on them as it would take you forever to get to the end). The slowest fat asses or people dragging their brat always walk right down the middle...never hugging the side for people to pass.
You know it is OK to politely ask "Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I'm about to miss my flight do you mind if I pass?"
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 04:18 AM   #458
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Recreational golfers who take a lifetime to hit the ball.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #459
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

People (youngsters mostly) with stuff(caps/bags/ T-shirts /purses etc) with an image of Che Guevarra on it.

Asking them who he is, some respond: Dunno John Lennon?

I'm not going to wear stuff of some pedophile hypocrite communistic sadistic (ran out of adjectives ) serialkiller on it. Come on.

The only revolutions I want is 9000rpm in a 458 Speciale lol.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #460
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Recreational golfers who take a lifetime to hit the ball.
Recreational golfers that bring their kids because they couldn't get a babysitter, and then proceed to let them run like baboons in the fairway.

Also, impatient golfers that can't wait an extra 5 minutes to tee off, even when you are waiting in the fairway for the group ahead to finish. That has gotten me into some serious altercations in the past. I can't fucking stand it.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #461
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
You know it is OK to politely ask "Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I'm about to miss my flight do you mind if I pass?"
But that would involve social interaction not behind the anonymity of a computer screen!

07-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #462
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

When you get all excited about a 3M leather repair kit on amazon for $14, and then when you go to look at your car, the tears are 4"x2" with the foam also split (the kit isn't meant to fix your tears of your size)
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread