E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Girls ask guys out?

03-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Girls ask guys out?

Someone was just talking about this. I kinda like the idea of not having to do all the work myself. Any experieinces???
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I dont mind asking a guy out. Im usually the one to make the first move too. I think men tend to not wanna make that move incase they get rejected. If i get rejected, ill prob feel stupid for a bout 2 minutes, then ill move on and all's well.
      03-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I dont mind asking a guy out. Im usually the one to make the first move too. I think men tend to not wanna make that move incase they get rejected. If i get rejected, ill prob feel stupid for a bout 2 minutes, then ill move on and all's well.
I think I among many others would agree we need more Bella's in this world, in this sense at least.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

This is what I'm putting all my money on because I refuse to ever ask another girl out!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
This is what I'm putting all my money on because I refuse to ever ask another girl out!
Dont be bitter dude.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Someone was just talking about this. I kinda like the idea of not having to do all the work myself. Any experieinces???
Experiences!?
sure

... but most all that asked me out wants $150 cash money upfront.
whats the deal?

Attached Images

Last edited by ase2dais; 03-26-2006 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

bucket........ please.... hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #8
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

here's what I think:

Guys are sometimes afraid to ask girls out because they think that those girls are out of their league. But at the same time, those girls may be waiting to be asked out. It's natural to think that a good looking gal probably has a bf. Therefore we dont wanna be a fool and ask them out.

Girls on the other hand are either too shy or got brainwashed by society into thinking that only guys should do the asking (of course guys can be shy too). Sometimes they even think that they're too good to be asking guys out.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

sometimes when a girl's forward it throws you off,

makes me think, "hmm, what's wrong with this girl?"

it's cool, and flattering to have a girl ask you out... but it does put my guard up a bit....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
sometimes when a girl's forward it throws you off,

makes me think, "hmm, what's wrong with this girl?"

it's cool, and flattering to have a girl ask you out... but it does put my guard up a bit....
that's intersting, what kinds of things do you think could possibly be "wrong" if a girl were yo ask you out?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #11
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
here's what I think:

Guys are sometimes afraid to ask girls out because they think that those girls are out of their league. But at the same time, those girls may be waiting to be asked out. It's natural to think that a good looking gal probably has a bf. Therefore we dont wanna be a fool and ask them out.
I have felt this way many a time in the past, this is part of what i mean when i say it's "too much work". I don't look down upon myself at all, but I often look at some girls and I'm like, "wow, now that's what they call 'the lure of the unattainable'". LoL, I think it comes down to the anatomy of attraction that shys us away in instances like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
Girls on the other hand are either too shy or got brainwashed by society into thinking that only guys should do the asking (of course guys can be shy too). Sometimes they even think that they're too good to be asking guys out.
I think a lot of girls think this way, like they're a prize. more precisely, mind *ucks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #12
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I see what ward is saying...girls are the ones that should sit back and wait. I'd feel a little creeped out if a girl came up to me and asked me out. Why...I'm not going to say that girls aren't supposed to, but it makes everything less of a challenge.

What I mean about not asking girls out anymore is I'm going to wait for a girl to show interest in me...enough for me to be able to detect. Because as far as this "groping in the dark, hoping that maybe if I ask her out she'll suddenly have an interest in me" is for the birds.

I'm tired of making a fool of myself because I ask someone out who is already engaged, or asking someone who would never even consider talking to me. From now on, I figure if the girl doen't come to me, she's not interested and she can go to hell.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I see what ward is saying...girls are the ones that should sit back and wait. I'd feel a little creeped out if a girl came up to me and asked me out. Why...I'm not going to say that girls aren't supposed to, but it makes everything less of a challenge.

What I mean about not asking girls out anymore is I'm going to wait for a girl to show interest in me...enough for me to be able to detect. Because as far as this "groping in the dark, hoping that maybe if I ask her out she'll suddenly have an interest in me" is for the birds.

I'm tired of making a fool of myself because I ask someone out who is already engaged, or asking someone who would never even consider talking to me. From now on, I figure if the girl doen't come to me, she's not interested and she can go to hell.
You're too bitter dude, but girls are quite cold these days, so I guess on some level I can relate. I try not to pay any particular girl too much attn. becasue I don't wanna come off too nice or sweet or w/e. I just do my thing and catch on to the "mutual interest" if it's there, and you'll know if it is. After that you do your thing and take it one inch at a time w/ out giving whatever you do too much thought, once you start thinking you might as well stop where you are. Save the thinking for the actual relationship itself if that's what's to come at all. Even then it shouldn't be any heartfelt stuff, have fun. I really don't think I've said anything anyone here didn't already know to begin w/, so helpful it may be.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #14
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

From my experiences, the ones at the bars that are assertive are the ones that can be a little desperate. ... and by assertive I dont just mean come up to you and start a civilized conversation. Just being a little more forward than that... Its like throwing up the hail mary on the first drive... Just doesnt seem right...

A couple of weeks ago, I had an attractive female come up and say some nice but assertive comments right after last call... I just laughed and told her to have a good night
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #15
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
A couple of weeks ago, I had an attractive female come up and say some nice but assertive comments right after last call... I just laughed and told her to have a good night
Are you sure it wasn't this same girl?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #16
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

I can kinda see where people are going w/ the idea that girls being foward enough can put you off. Of course it depends on the situation, but in most instances it could probably be taken that they're either desperate or have some kind of agenda. Who knows? I guess it wouldn't be so bad of an idea if girls were a tad bit more foward after the guy makes the intial first move, not saying persistent, but forward, like "hint hint".
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
Are you sure it wasn't this same girl?

I know I had a few to drink, but I wasnt that bad...

As I said, she was attractive. If it wasnt for her being a 'last call girl', I might have thought differently...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #18
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

If a girl asks you out, she knows what she wants and she doesn't want to wait.

I was once in an akward position. I was about to carry out a typical day at college, getting together with friends waiting for a shuttle to take us out to a club. It must have been my kandy kid outfit, but some chick was apparently interested in me and instead of approaching me herself, she sent one of her guy friends to me and this dude said, "Hey, my friend over there likes your pants...she thinks you're cool. Want to say what's up to her?" She was a hottie, but then again, all the girls who go clubbin' dress hoochie.

I told him to tell her I'll look for her at the club but I never did. It's just too weird that she didn't have the balls to go up to me myself. Same applies to guys. I see that it's a huge turnoff to the ladies if you attempt to hook yourself up with one through one of your friends.
      03-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #19
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Occasionally when we go out as a group of guys, we will do stupid games to keep ourselves entertained...

We have done what we call the shot game. We send one guy on a mission. We give him a mark (completely random female) that he has to keep a 5 minute conversation with. He also can not make any mention of the wager. If the conversation is upheld for the time being, we buy him and her their choice shot...

We also do the pickup line game... This one is more fun, and has gotten some of us in trouble . We pick a pickup line and a mark for each other, and we have to use it. Other than a few laughs and looks, this game is never successful, but its not designed to be...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #20
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

"talk to me direct" - that's the best approach I think.

It all depends on the history and enviorment; conditions have to be right. I just don't like grabby kinds of girls, if she says "hi" and strikes up a good convo, then it should be cool. But for sure don't use your freinds, because then they gest mixed in and you're hearing everything in third person. Gay.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #21
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
yes...happens once in a while
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #22
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
theres a difference btwn a girl who is confident and a girl who is desperate. all girls who ask a guy out are not desperate, they are just confident with themselves and are not afraid of rejection. But i think girls have it easier than guys in this department, i mean men's standards arent as high, no offense, so they are stoaked just knowing a girl is interested, and the possibility of getting laid is there.