E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lamborghini Esperienza

09-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Lamborghini Esperienza

I attended the Lamborghini Esperienza today at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. It was such a blast, I thought I'd write up a review.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the event, it is essentially a one-day driving school. The cost is $850. Anyone can sign up on the website - I found out about it on a CNN news story. All the cars are provided by Lamborghini. The cars included a Gallardo Super Performante, Gallardo LP 550 2, Superleggera, Gallardo LP 560-4, 2 Aventador LP 700-4s, An Aventador Spyder and some others.

The event was very professionally run. Check-in started at 8:30. We were greated by the instructors and led to a nice air conditioned tent (it got to be over 100 on the track in Fontucky). In the tent we were provided with persoanlized badges and amazing breakfast spread including fresh fruit, pastries, fresh juices and of course, an espresso bar with a barista who would make anything you wanted.

After a quick briefing from the instructors around 9:30, we were split into 4 groups of 8-9 and went off to begin our track events. Each event started with a shotgun ride along with the instructor - my main instructor, Nicolo, was directly from Italy. At each event station there was a shade tent and an abundance of water, drinks and snacks which was much appreciated in the heat. The ONLY rule of the day, don't turn off stability control. Other than that, you could drive in Auto, Sport, or Corsa. They didn't care.

The first event my group participated in was the lane change/obstacle avoidance event. Starting from the line, you went about 75% throttle up to 70/75 MPH. Then at the cones it was off gas and hard left to avoid the obstacle 38 feet away and then back hard ride. It was amazing when the ESP (similar to DSC) kicked in to keep you on track. The instructors really pushed each of us. We each took 3 runs in the Super Performante and 2 runs in the LP-550-2. This was the perfect way to start the day.

Next up for my group was dynamic braking. We were shuttled down the track in an air conditioned van.

This event involved flooring it down the straight away, breaking hard and turning in for a right then out for a quick left. We drove the Superleggera in the pictures below. We made 5 passes each. Admittedly, I pussy footed it on my first run. On the next pass, the instrutor told me to go WOT and then slam the brakes. The Brakes on this thing were unbelievable. It wasn't until then that I really learned what these things can do.

From here it was on to the autocross/slalom event. The tires on the LP 560 were shot, so they brought the Superleggera over from the other event. I almost lost my breakfast on the ride along with our instructor. He hammered the car so hard and tight it was amazing. The course started left and then hard right, a left right slalom, a short straight and then a left, right, left, right, slalom to a full u-turn and back to start. We each got 3 passes. One run to learn the course and the next two were timed. Most times were in the mid 30 seconds with the fastest guys in the low 30s. The leaders in each group won a prize at the end of the day.

Next it was back to the welcome tent for lunch. The people at Lamborghini love their food! Lunch consisted of a tri-colore salad, a gourmet beet and goat cheese salad, cous cous, chicken mirabella, steak, asapargus and cookies. Of course the espresso was flowing. I'm glad my group did the slalom before lunch...

After lunch we were shuttled to the cornering event. Here is where we got to exclusively drive the Aventador. Holy S**T Batman. This thing can fly and handle. After one run with the instructor it was time to get into the car. As side from the hotlap, this was the only event where the instructor did not ride with you. Essentially, they trusted you with the gorgeous piece of machinery. The event consisted of two Aventador's following the instructor WOT down a short straight, then braking into a wider u-turn back to WOT down a long straight followed by a right left chicane into a very short straight, hard right, then hard left back to the initial straight. We each got 3 runs in middle position and 3 runs in the rear position. The instructor was in the lead given directions via a walkie. It was amazing in CORSA! This thing is a BEAST!!!

Now it was "Snack time" in the welcome tent where we were treated to more 3 tapenades, marinated artichokes, peppers, fruit and of course, espresso.

Finally, it was time for hot laps. I have no words to describe this. We were put in groups of six. Each person got 3 laps in the Gallardo and 3 laps in the Aventador. We followed the instructor who again communicated to us via walkie. WOT down the straights which they doubled in length from the cornering event. These things were screaming.

Everyone was finished around 5:30. We were brought back into the welcome tent. Awards were given to the fastest slalom guys. We all receive gift bags with Lamborghini hats, a key chain and a Lambo note pad.

I must say, this event was truly amazing. Everyone involved was friendly and informative. I learned a lot, and as you can tell, ate very, very, well.

I had a spirited drive home in the M.

Pictures are below.

OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley

Last edited by bsiciliano; 09-16-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

Nice write up bro. Never knew they had that. Might want to try it
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
gymtime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Looks fun!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Tits...
I'm jelly!

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Wow great write up...sounds like a blast! Did they say whether they would do this again??
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Wow great write up...sounds like a blast! Did they say whether they would do this again??
They are done in Fontana. I believe they are holding events in Texas and Florida in the coming months.

Just google it, they have a website.

Hands down best $850 I ever spent.
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
GreenLantern
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Fantastic write-up. Thanks for sharing!

Dug it up: http://esperienza.lamborghinievents.com

I think I'm going to have to sign up for this next time they're back in CA. (Click on "Itinerary" on their website to see the dates; I clearly missed all the dates in CA.)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Very cool - nice write up and pics!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Very cool - nice write up and pics!
Thanks man!

I just realized that in our goodie bags was a Lambo USB drive. It contained all of the pics that their professional photographer took of the day. That was pretty nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Sounded like a lot of fun!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
smashhell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

That is cheap!
Exotic racing at Las Vegas costed me $500 for 5 laps (15 min) to drive an Aventador
      04-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

i should have done it last year... they seem to have changed how you register for the event.

before you can buy up to 2 tickets and checkout from site for $850 each.

now you register and a dealership e-mails you invite and the price is now $1,500 per person .

i would have definitely done it for $850 but paying double for same course with the only bonus being able to drive the Huracán?
      04-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #13
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep

In LA, it's Aventadors only. Still, compared to 1-day m-school, $1500 is on par, and you are driving a Lambo all day.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Sounds brilliant..the event layout sounds exactly like the Porsche World Road Show. Although, you don't have to pay for this one - your dealer sends you to it at their discretion.