E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > LAPD WTF

02-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I was only talking about the cabin sequence of events, not the previous false sightings and the dummies who opened fire on them. Those are completely inexcusable. Don't get that confused.

I also don't see what Waco has to do with this incidence. I don't think that was handled properly at all.

An armed man shooting from a cabin after just murdering one and injuring another police officer is an extreme danger. You guys are acting like he should be treated like someone on home base in a game of tag. I find it really funny how in another thread about a drunk driver killing two people and the father shooting the driver dead most of the respondents thought it was totally justified but two cops being shot in cold blood garners a completely different response. You guys are weird...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I was only talking about the cabin sequence of events, not the previous false sightings and the dummies who opened fire on them. Those are completely inexcusable. Don't get that confused.

I also don't see what Waco has to do with this incidence. I don't think that was handled properly at all.

An armed man shooting from a cabin after just murdering one and injuring another police officer is an extreme danger. You guys are acting like he should be treated like someone on home base in a game of tag. I find it really funny how in another thread about a drunk driver killing two people and the father shooting the driver dead most of the respondents thought it was totally justified but two cops being shot in cold blood garners a completely different response. You guys are weird...
Whats your source here? I only read one shot was fired prior to the gas bombs being thrown in.

Not all, check my posts in that thread, I wasn't one of them.

Plus I don't think anyone is arguing the two cops being shot is an issue. I think we all agree the cops being shot/killed was a tragedy.

I saw some clips of the grieving wife of one of the officers at his funeral and it absolutely broke my heart. Right before valentines day.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #25
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:

A father reacting is a very different situation from what happened here.

I am bothered by the police burning him out because it is just another example of them being out of control and disregarding public safety and the destruction of private property.

They had every advantage on this situation, time was on their side, they had other better options.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I can see that it was more of a rush job than it probably could have been but with darkness quickly setting in and his previous history of shooting to kill police officers, I think that a standoff in the darkness is likely the last thing they wanted to face. We are all playing Monday morning quarterback here but this all unfolded very quickly. It's easy to criticize now, but when two of your own are dead at the hands of a guy sitting right in front of you, I don't think anyone here in their position wouldn't want to be the guy who takes him out. I just don't see where smoking him out is the worst thing in the world here. There was a guy in CT who took his x wife hostage and lit his own house on fire and as the police watched the house burn down, he shocked them all by walking out unharmed from the ashes. I'm pretty sure they were expecting him to either evacuate the house or shoot himself to keep from having to do so. I think it will come out that he did the latter. Is the main gripe here with the fact that they burned down private property? They said on the news that they called the owners of the home to verify that no one was occupying the house prior to taking any action which is why it wasn't treated as a hostage situation.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #27
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Wait, so has he been confirmed dead or no?
Last update I had was yesterday around 2pm when he was on the run in Big Bear. I was watching CNN, but I've been busy since then. Anyone want to summarize?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #28
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
I can see that it was more of a rush job than it probably could have been but with darkness quickly setting in and his previous history of shooting to kill police officers, I think that a standoff in the darkness is likely the last thing they wanted to face. We are all playing Monday morning quarterback here but this all unfolded very quickly. It's easy to criticize now, but when two of your own are dead at the hands of a guy sitting right in front of you, I don't think anyone here in their position wouldn't want to be the guy who takes him out. I just don't see where smoking him out is the worst thing in the world here. There was a guy in CT who took his x wife hostage and lit his own house on fire and as the police watched the house burn down, he shocked them all by walking out unharmed from the ashes. I'm pretty sure they were expecting him to either evacuate the house or shoot himself to keep from having to do so. I think it will come out that he did the latter. Is the main gripe here with the fact that they burned down private property? They said on the news that they called the owners of the home to verify that no one was occupying the house prior to taking any action which is why it wasn't treated as a hostage situation.
my main gripe here is that protocol went out the window, and the police who we depend on to protect and serve, went on full gang mentality and were absolutely not professional.

I have no problem with him being killed, I am in favor of it. I understand that damage may occur under some circumstances, this was not called for.

I would be less angry if there was not already evidence of recklessness (shooting at civilians who did not resemble the suspect in any way), but they are acting like a gang of thugs with no respect for life, property, or the law.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Yeah I really don't understand how they shot up a bright blue toyota Tacoma when they were looking for a gray Nissan. That's a pretty big fuck up.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Another point is the police couldnt be 100% sure that there were no other people inside the cabin. He could have had hostages pre-staged there. Im sure if there were innocent people that were burned alive the LAPD would spin a story about how Dorner started the fire. Its really hard to tell who the good guys are in this whole story.

Just pathetic all around and lowered my already low expectations of our boys in blue.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #31
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Wait, so has he been confirmed dead or no?
Last update I had was yesterday around 2pm when he was on the run in Big Bear. I was watching CNN, but I've been busy since then. Anyone want to summarize?
he's dead, what remains to be answered is whether he burned to death or shot himself first. no guess here.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #32
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
he's dead, what remains to be answered is whether he burned to death or shot himself first. no guess here.

Damn. Well, that was...quick.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #33
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #34
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

LOL Damn, well casting for the movie should be easy.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #35
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

I heard it wasn't solid that the body they found was actually dorner
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #36
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I swear that looks photoshopped.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #37
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Paradise, is very nice!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #38
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT M3 View Post
I swear that looks photoshopped.
You think?..lol
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #39
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Original...

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

This really stinks. They sent the news cameras away and lynched him. Exactly right, skimask: the cops were acting just like the armed gangs they're supposed to protect us from...maybe even worse.

Dead men tell no tales. The only evidence we even have that Dorner was the shooter is the manifesto he allegedly posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #41
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI

They didn't confirm the charred body was his yet right?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #42
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy650 View Post
They didn't confirm the charred body was his yet right?
nope they have not
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #43
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
This really stinks. They sent the news cameras away and lynched him. Exactly right, skimask: the cops were acting just like the armed gangs they're supposed to protect us from...maybe even worse.

Dead men tell no tales. The only evidence we even have that Dorner was the shooter is the manifesto he allegedly posted.
They were sent away because they were uncertain if the cabin had a TV in it and if they were engaged in a firefight, the positions of the police would be given away. It's actually pretty smart, but conspiracy theorists will always look at it from the other perspective.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #44
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

lol there was no firefight. Once he was pinned down they just decided to burn it down.

You have cops saying "burn it down" on tape and the do just that. After its all said and done the chief says they didnt intentionally burn it down..... yeah... right.

They just didnt want to send their SWAT team in to get massacred.

Supposedly Dorner was in the basement when they found his body, he was probably preparing to make his last stand against SWAT there but the LAPD had other ideas.
Appreciate 0