E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electrical issues - help with diagnosis

06-29-2022, 05:32 AM   #1
jonathanrcarter
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i touring 2007

Exclamation Electrical issues - help with diagnosis

Sometimes when I start my BMW 320i touring (2007) the dashboard lights do not come on and the indicators do not work.

If I stop the car, perform a reset using the key, then holding down the trip meter , the problem disappears and all is normal.

Sometimes I get the light that the passenger door os open and the same result (indicators , indicators) , and solution (stop - reset - start again).

Now , sometimes I get it that the engine will not accelerate, when I look in the codes is says it disabled for safety reasons due to multiple sensor codes. Again - stop - leave it a little , reset , problem goes away. Again this only happens immediately after starting , never later on.

All of these only happen on starting the engine, so after it starts with everything working nothing ever goes wrong in the journey.

I has once water behind the passenger footwell (Dutch, LH car so this is in the RHS footwell) and I suspect it is all linked to this event since I don't remember any of this happening prior to this.

Any ideas how to diagnose exactly what the fault is? I read that I can get the footwell module reprogrammed, and also other elements of the ECU but I would rather do this one time so I would like some suggestions on diagnosis.
Appreciate 0