E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2023: British GP - Silverstone (July 9)

07-10-2023, 12:18 PM   #243
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Not sure about that, there's no set programme just that he wants to get all the angles on other car racing I would have thought so he can use that to add to his all round experience.
As soon as he goes on the SIM then everyone joins in I guess when the word goes out that Max is on the sim game and they all join in hoping to go quicker.
It's just his way of doing things to simply have that 'buzz'.
New RB19 upgrades at the Hungaroring

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60884.00
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 12:27 PM   #244
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Ferrari Fred screwed the whole Ferrari pitstop strategy .
Fred was reading the wrong data and made the wrong call at the wrong moment .

That's what I can read ..
Fred seems to be ageing a month at a time just after one day, what the hell made Ferrari replace Bino I don't know. It goes to show that 'going with the flow' at the time for Bino to go was completely wrong, they are climbing out of one pit and falling into another and this suspected third party is involved too.

Hope you've had a good day my friend.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 12:31 PM   #245
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
New RB19 upgrades at the Hungaroring
That'll please Wolfy and Brown pos to no end
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 12:39 PM   #246
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
The click-bait video title "Lewis Hamilton Calls Out Max Verstappen's Fake Radio Messages" is misleading.

Journalist: "Were any of these [issues] serious issues ?"
Verstappen: "No, they were not serious. But I like to report these things to the team."

Otherwise said, Verstappen was asked by the journalist whether the issues he radioed during the race (stronger winds at some section of the Silverstone circuit affecting the car's driving dynamics + soft tyres not living up to his expectations) were of significant or considerable level/degree. Why the heck is that video labeled "fake radio messages" (i.e. questioning the veracity about those messages) and Hamilton "calling out" ? Verstappen did neither say nor suggest that the referenced messages were "fake". Same applies in Dutch: if you're asked whether an issue is "ernstig" ("serious"), your reply "nee, niet ernstig" ("no, not serious") is just explaining the level of seriousness. That is something totally different than replying that it was fake, made up (i.e. unrelated to facts). And Hamilton did not "call out" - he just jokingly asked whether Verstappen used F-expletives with those radio messages.

Same goes if an ER doctor who earlier radioed to the hospital about injuries sustained by a driver involved in a car accident, is later asked whether the sustained injuries were "serious". If the ER doctor replies: "No, these were not serious. But I like to report these things to the hospital", he is not saying that his earlier radio message was "fake".

The person who created the video title either doesn't sufficiently master English or acts in bad faith ('framing' by use of a misleading video title to incite negative reactions, getting views and likes).

IMHO the video rather shows that Verstappen and Hamilton get along better than what some think.
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 12:48 PM   #247
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The click-bait video title "Lewis Hamilton Calls Out Max Verstappen's Fake Radio Messages" is misleading.

Journalist: "Were any of these [issues] serious issues ?"
Verstappen: "No, they were not serious. But I like to report these things to the team."

Otherwise said, Verstappen was asked by the journalist whether the issues he radioed during the race (stronger winds at some section of the Silverstone circuit affecting the car's driving dynamics + soft tyres not living up to his expectations) were of significant or considerable level/degree. Why the heck is that video labeled "fake radio messages" (i.e. questioning the veracity about those messages) and Hamilton "calling out" ? Verstappen did neither say nor suggest that the referenced messages were "fake". Same applies in Dutch: if you're asked whether an issue is "ernstig" ("serious"), your reply "nee, niet ernstig" ("no, not serious") is just explaining the level of seriousness. That is something totally different than replying that it was fake, made up (i.e. unrelated to facts). And Hamilton did not "call out" - he just jokingly asked whether Verstappen used F-expletives with those radio messages.

Same goes if an ER doctor who earlier radioed to the hospital about injuries sustained by a driver involved in a car accident, is later asked whether the sustained injuries were "serious". If the ER doctor replies: "No, these were not serious. But I like to report these things to the hospital", he is not saying that his earlier radio message was "fake".

The person who created the video title either doesn't sufficiently master English or acts in bad faith ('framing' by use of a misleading video title to incite negative reactions, getting views and likes).

IMHO the video rather shows that Verstappen and Hamilton get along better than what some think.
What banner on YouTube isn't click bait

I thought it was funny after watching
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60884.00
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 01:54 PM   #248
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
What banner on YouTube isn't click bait

I thought it was funny after watching
Charlie is 'in to take Checo's seat ! Honestly I would love to see that ..
And he looks so damn good in the Red Bull race suit . Do it Charlie . Just do it !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick60884.00
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 02:01 PM   #249
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Stunt double did his driving.
I read that Brad ran a few laps , afterwards he said he was still dizzy .

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60884.00
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 02:19 PM   #250
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Charlie is 'in to take Checo's seat ! Honestly I would love to see that ..
And he looks so damn good in the Red Bull race suit . Do it Charlie . Just do it !
Not gonna happen but that would be epic.

Like Starwars 2 but with awesome drivers
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-10-2023, 05:07 PM   #251
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Yeah, I bet every driver wants Perez' seat, including Perez.

But for the top tier drivers (Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton, Russell, Alonso and Norris) it's a bad move. Verstappen has the car tuned to his driving style, and he has the team wrapped around his finger. No-one, not even the other top tier drivers, will de-throne Verstappen. At best they would match Verstappen, but be told to hold station. (Horner has been abundantly clear that for as long as Vettel and Verstappen are the darling and winning, there is no level playing field at Red Bull.)

It would make sense for the 'lesser' drivers to move to Red Bull. But why would Red Bull take on a new driver? Verstappen doesn't need to be pushed. And Red Bull are winning as is. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
      07-11-2023, 01:32 AM   #252
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Not gonna happen but that would be epic.

Like Starwars 2 but with awesome drivers
Checo is staying put, the fall out with the '22 Monaco win is all but under the carpet now.
Getting another driver in will rock the boat too much, Checo is second in the championship and already on it to perfect his quali with a sim programme.
He should forget about what Max is doing and keep the likes of BS Merc, AM and now McLaren in check and forget all the criticism coming from some ex F1 drivers.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/22280...plink=onderaan
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 01:53 AM   #253
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Great race. The mix up each race behind Max is great to see, but it's clear that he can create a rather large gap if/when he wants. He put a 10 second gap on Nor pretty easily knowing the pit window was coming. Even after the VSC/SC he dropped Nor by 3-4 seconds on only a couple laps. And I still don't think he's pushing it.
Anybody who has track experience or understands motor racing explain how he's capable of doing this? We all know he's 'good' but what does that mean exactly? What are others lacking or incapable of that they can't replicate what Max does?

Feel like there's a geeky video out there somewhere explaining this. Wish I could experience a quali session or race through the eyes of such talented drivers.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 03:44 AM   #254
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5m View Post
Anybody who has track experience or understands motor racing explain how he's capable of doing this? We all know he's 'good' but what does that mean exactly? What are others lacking or incapable of that they can't replicate what Max does?

Feel like there's a geeky video out there somewhere explaining this. Wish I could experience a quali session or race through the eyes of such talented drivers.
It's a combination of a lot of things that the others do not have, the top secret aero which fooled everyone into copying their floor from Checo's hoisted car has sent them on a wild goose chase, only McLaren seem to have solved the first part of the puzzle but there are many pieces.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 04:15 AM   #255
M5Rick
General
Rep

People like Cara Delving could at least say a few words to Brundle when handed free race tickets and pit passes from F1. I'm not a fan of Brundle myself but that's his job and I don't know who she is exactly but dissing Brundle was silly and childish of her and Alfa Romeo who 'advized' her not to say anything. How absolutely pathetic.
Appreciate 4
GTF371.50
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 08:23 AM   #256
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

It’s the times we live. People value more the time spent with ‘friends’ and followers on social media, versus simple human interaction. We’re slowly losing that skill.

If I were Brundle, I would stop trying to reach total strangers. I would only speak with folk I know.

Personally I find his grid walk kind of silly. I fast-forward over it.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 12:35 PM   #257
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
That's in the back of my mind also and Checo is safe for now, if RIC does well at Hungary then kudos to him. Marko takes no prisoners so the pressure will be on mr teeth (he goes to the dentist every month?
True !
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
M5Rick60884.00
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 12:54 PM   #258
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
True !
Wonder if Lance and Pierre met in the bike sheds afterwards to discuss their contretemps during the race, Lance was keen
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 01:44 PM   #259
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Yeah, I bet every driver wants Perez' seat, including Perez.
But for the top tier drivers (Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton, Russell, Alonso and Norris) it's a bad move. Verstappen has the car tuned to his driving style, and he has the team wrapped around his finger. No-one, not even the other top tier drivers, will de-throne Verstappen. At best they would match Verstappen, but be told to hold station. (Horner has been abundantly clear that for as long as Vettel and Verstappen are the darling and winning, there is no level playing field at Red Bull.)
It would make sense for the 'lesser' drivers to move to Red Bull. But why would Red Bull take on a new driver? Verstappen doesn't need to be pushed. And Red Bull are winning as is. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Valid point. Remember the tight atmosphere at Mercedes in 2016 because both Hamilton and Rosberg were capable of winning the WDC. Niki Lauda talked about that situation in an interview: see 03:38 - 08:49 here.

But also approach the idea of hiring Leclerc from the Marko/Horner perspective: hiring Leclerc implies that he becomes unavailable for another competing team to threaten them for WDC and WCC. All teams want Leclerc.

And as regards the VER-LEC interaction and the risk of "just an inshident": Verstappen will be more challenged with Leclerc as team mate than with Perez, it will whet his extraordinary racing appetite even more. As Verstappen's current race results demonstrate, he doesn't need a 'team mate servant' to achieve top results for WDC and WCC.

But anyways, IMHO there's a bigger chance that Norris will replace Perez rather than Leclerc. On a personal level Norris and Verstappen are good friends also spending free time together. And Leclerc has closer ties to Ferrari. Rumor has it that Ferrari keeps Leclerc as their nr. 1 driver in the Leclerc-Sainz pecking order because of a rumored contract clause allowing Leclerc to leave Ferrari if certain results are not achieved.

M5Rick60884.00
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 01:58 PM   #260
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Valid point. Remember the tight atmosphere at Mercedes in 2016 because both Hamilton and Rosberg were capable of winning the WDC. Niki Lauda talked about that situation in an interview: see 03:38 - 08:49 here.

But also approach the idea of hiring Leclerc from the Marko/Horner perspective: hiring Leclerc implies that he becomes unavailable for another competing team to threaten them for WDC and WCC. All teams want Leclerc.

And as regards the VER-LEC interaction and the risk of "just an inshident": Verstappen will be more challenged with Leclerc as team mate than with Perez, it will whet his extraordinary racing appetite even more. As Verstappen's current race results demonstrate, he doesn't need a 'team mate servant' to achieve top results for WDC and WCC.

But anyways, IMHO there's a bigger chance that Norris will replace Perez rather than Leclerc. On a personal level Norris and Verstappen are good friends also spending free time together. And Leclerc has closer ties to Ferrari. Rumor has it that Ferrari keeps Leclerc as their nr. 1 driver in the Leclerc-Sainz pecking order because of a rumored contract clause allowing Leclerc to leave Ferrari if certain results are not achieved.
Yeah . It was just an inSHEdent

Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
M5Rick60884.00
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 02:02 PM   #261
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Yeah . It was just an inSHEdent
Not according to the race stewards (karting): as Leclerc explains, both himself and Verstappen were DSQ'd.
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 02:59 PM   #262
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Not according to the race stewards (karting): as Leclerc explains, both himself and Verstappen were DSQ'd.
Yeah. Charlie pushed MAX off track to get P1 and MAX finished his race off track in a large puddle of water ...
MAX was actually unbeatable . MAX won all the Championships (the list is too long)
Here in Belgium (Genk) , MAX lapped the whole field in the rain .
Sometimes even twice...

According to Charlie nothing was wrong , it was just a racing inSHEdent.
Charlie was really funny with his French-English accent ..
Respect for Charlie , he's one of the best !

But ,
There can be only one (1)!

Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50
M5Rick60884.00
GuidoK10969.50
      07-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #263
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

I love watching that vid of Charlie explaining himself of what happened.
Appreciate 3
      07-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #264
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Rubbin' is racin'
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60884.00
GuidoK10969.50