E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Need Morning Supplement AND Post-Workout supplement

05-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzipper View Post
Everyone else is offering advice on supplements, which is what you asked, but regarding your workouts, you said, "This will be done 6 to 7 times a week", and, "working out every day is pretty hard on my body".

Do less.

You need rest time to recover and no supplement will change that.
This

Supplements by definition fill areas of deficiency. A strict diet would require no supplementation.

Supplements are only beneficial when your diet is less than perfect. A good example would be drinking a protein shake before your workout after work. You may not have time to go home and eat or perhaps forgot to pack a snack so the protein shake would be an adequate supplement instead.

Do not consume yourself with supplements. Everything that works eventually becomes illegal. The things that are legal are the things you can almost always get from some sort of food.

A bottle of cheap multi-vitamins, fishoil, creatine, and protein powder were the only things I ever keep in my house. Even still, they are rarely used unless I have slip ups in my diet.

Short answer: save your money. You can buy a lot of food with the amount some of those supplements cost.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #24
Adam123
Rep
Drives: no any

I also take a proteins tremble with BCAA instantly following my exercises, I individually take CytoSport CytoGainer, Very good nutrient content to develop size, 54 grms of proteins per tremble....
      07-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
Signal513
Sarging 24/7
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, C300, Audi Q7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
I take a T-booster (medical issues not just gaining muscle mass), along with V-Armor and protein shake.

post workout= I stack my protein with BCAA powder (I take Recon by MP) to feed my muscle to the max and to break up the taste of protein shakes (I take 3 of them daily).

All of my supplements are by Muscle Pharm, not a fanboy by any means, it just works the best for me.

Without a doubt down a protein shake post workout and the added BCAA stack definitely won't hurt at all.
      07-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

My buddy is a pretty famous professional bodybuilder and supplement formulator. This is what he designed for me a few weeks ago and it is working amazingly well.

I bought everything at http://supplementdirect.com/.

PRE – DURING W/O

BCAA’s - 2 grams
Citrulline Malate – 2 grams
Alkaline Creatine – 1 gram
Beta Alanine- 500 mg.

POST W/O

Alkaline Creatine - 1 gram
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate – 35 grams of protein ( generally 1.5 scoops)
Arginine – 1 gram
L-Leucine – 1 gram

I also really like Ribose and you can use 500 mg. pre or post W/O, your call.
Appreciate 0