E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dubya

03-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #67
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
Ones which are misguided from the beginning. For example, one of my bosses believe civil war is already happening or in the early stages. He tries to use my work to justify his ideas which are completely wrong. We can have different opinions but when you make a statement of civil war you'd better back it up with facts and credible reporting.

I view both sides equally and decide with facts on my position on any matter. Some people will refute facts, statements, and evidence and still insist their ideas, ways, and perspectives are correct. Logical reasoning and thinking...some skills which people continue to lack. We can agree to disagree on our interpretation of the facts and what we believe. We have different methods of thinking but distorting the facts or discounting facts to support an agenda (in this case civil war) is unacceptable.
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately that's how most governments work. Actually that's usually how any type of structured group of people interact, isn't it? In your statement regarding the "civil war", I'm intrigued as to what you mean by people supporting it, or pushing it based on their own personal opinion. Can you elaborate??

Quote:
I'm talking about the first page in particular, not your argument.
Anti Bush or Pro Bush...Why do you lump them into either side? FACTS ARE FACTS neither anti or pro. You add the word anti or pro to the facts to support YOUR view.

For example, a killing has taken place. You believe that killing is morally wrong. Are there any moral facts about the murder? NO, only facts on how the murder was committed. A gun was used, he was shot in cold blood. Are these facts or moral facts? They are facts. They support a MORAL argument against killing based on ethics and religion. Do you follow so far?
Well I use the term PRO Bush becuase you were indicating that this has turned into a Bush bashing thread with people calling Bush names, which I assume to be from people who dislike his actions, thus the implication of ANTI-Bush. Naturally, the opposite point of view from anti-Bush, would be PRO Bush. I lump them together for the sake of the conversation, instead of having to elaborate. They are simple facts, yes. I'm drawing on conclusions based on assumptions of those facts becuase I feel they are sufficient for me to make a judgement on. The facts which supports a moral argument would be considered by me moral facts simply because its more convinient in the conversation. Instead of having to say, those facts supporting the view of a Bush who's favored by people are invalid, I can simply say those pro Bush statements are invalid. It's not the best way to label things, but I believe in the context of the conversation in this thread, it is valid enough to be used.
      03-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #68
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately that's how most governments work. Actually that's usually how any type of structured group of people interact, isn't it? In your statement regarding the "civil war", I'm intrigued as to what you mean by people supporting it, or pushing it based on their own personal opinion. Can you elaborate??
Well, I don't know how I can break it down but there are certain people with one-sided views who are trying to use the civil war argument to justify specific actions that the U.S. is going to take.

Also, people claiming that civil war will happen within 96 hours…(completely untrue) caused a firestorm here with wasted time and resources that are better spent hunting down terrorists. I spent the last couple of days debunking this "civil war theory" and "civil war concept" from people who make rash judgments inside and outside the Intelligence community. Sometimes certain individuals will not do their own work and ask some of the most asinine questions that I have to step back from the situation without getting frustrated.

Oh and it's worst if you disagree with someone in the Pentagon. I found that out when I briefed a couple of Senior Defense Officials here in Baghdad. I completely disagreed with their point of view in Washington and they decided to go ahead and do it their way and what can I say, people got killed because of it.

You disagree with senior people and guess what? Politics at work...The next day I get transferred because I disagreed. I guess they think working with the INIS is some kind of punishment. A majority of people maintain a fair view and allow opinions and assessments differ but there are people still in our community who are one mind and one track viewpoint. And we wonder why most career Intel people left in the last 6 years. But hey...I only have a Masters In Intelligence...I know nothing

I know someone else works in Intelligence as well on this board. I remember it being posted somewhere on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
Well I use the term PRO Bush becuase you were indicating that this has turned into a Bush bashing thread with people calling Bush names, which I assume to be from people who dislike his actions, thus the implication of ANTI-Bush. Naturally, the opposite point of view from anti-Bush, would be PRO Bush. I lump them together for the sake of the conversation, instead of having to elaborate. They are simple facts, yes. I'm drawing on conclusions based on assumptions of those facts becuase I feel they are sufficient for me to make a judgement on. The facts which supports a moral argument would be considered by me moral facts simply because its more convinient in the conversation. Instead of having to say, those facts supporting the view of a Bush who's favored by people are invalid, I can simply say those pro Bush statements are invalid. It's not the best way to label things, but I believe in the context of the conversation in this thread, it is valid enough to be used.
Much more complicated but correct. Just wanted to see if you understood. I agree it is easier the other way.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #69
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well, I don't know how I can break it down but there are certain people with one-sided views who are trying to use the civil war argument to justify specific actions that the U.S. is going to take.

Also, people claiming that civil war will happen within 96 hours…(completely untrue) caused a firestorm here with wasted time and resources that are better spent hunting down terrorists. I spent the last couple of days debunking this "civil war theory" and "civil war concept" from people who make rash judgments inside and outside the Intelligence community. Sometimes certain individuals will not do their own work and ask some of the most asinine questions that I have to step back from the situation without getting frustrated.
I see, very interesting stuff. Perhaps these people figures if they say civil war enough, there just might be one. Or even worse, maybe they have something working in the background that will support the forming of seperation in the Iraq government and/or military. Wouldn't that be something. But its not like these type of stuff never happened before.
      03-03-2006, 05:50 PM   #70
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
Are you kidding? He ended the freaking cold war! He is the best President this country has had since Abraham Lincoln. Tons and tons of people say Reagan was a good president.
Count me among them.
      03-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #71
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
He may not be dumb, but he sure comes off that way. The reason he was elected is clear: Dumb people can't stand Smart people, and he is the perfect shill for the Neocons. The whole Texas thing is a big act. The whole Bush family are actually preppies from Greenwich, Connecticut. The irony is that the majority of Bush's supporters are the people his policies hurt the most.

As I said before, I am a conservative and I feel Bush and Cheney have betrayed our country. His anti-terrorism policies have made the threat of terrorism much worse, and I believe intentionally, so we can have perpetual war. Getting a blowjob and lying about it is nothing compared to murdering tens of thousands of people, and plunging our nation into horrific debt just to expand American interests. There is nothing conservative about George W. Bush.
      03-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #72
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosblau
His anti-terrorism policies have made the threat of terrorism much worse, and I believe intentionally, so we can have perpetual war.
Thats brilliant. Let me know where you are performing so I can buy tickets if I need a good laugh. Are you opening for Bill Maher?

No offense but this kind of pussy-liberal attitude is the reason it took so long to invade Germany in WW2.

By the way, how is the threat worse? Those cockroaches are being destroyed in Iraq now. As the liberals sing their pussy anti-war song we continue to kill al-quada scum. Read the news, and I don't mean NY times or other liberal-run news organizations. Liberals hate the victories we are having in Iraq. They are worse than communists.

The only way to win is through action. These evil creatures have no honor and as Cheney said the only way to deal with them is to destroy them. WHats the Clinton/Democrat/Liberal solution? Get a BJ and make friends with France while the towel head dirt bags blow up your cities.

The liberals sit back in their lazy-boys watching the daily-show as their news source and laughing their ignorant asses off while 100,000 brave american kids are risking their lives to protect our country. Liberals look down on our troops as uneducated fools but the truth is that you are the fools and they are the heros. You people don't see the forest for the trees. You people amuse me with your conspiracy theorys and cowardly attitudes. Many of the people speaking out against Bush on this forum havent even graduated college.

Enjoy your E90

In fact, I eagerly await the onslaught of fanatic liberal e90 owners that will bash me now. Bring it on! I don't give a shit. Indeed, its moral, freedom loving people like me that would gladly give their lives to protect your freedom to bash us.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 02:01 AM   #73
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplacian
I have always wondered about this myself. I don't think the liberals can decide whether they want him to stupid or brilliantly evil. I'm surprised that no one has accused Bush of having the NSA build a weather changing machine to create Katrina in the first place!

The state and local governments in N.O. and LA are both liberal and were elected by the people there. That mayor is the real retard--he screwed up big time in many different ways. The rest of my Katrina commentary can best be summed up by the South Park episode "Two days before the day after tomorrow".

I agree that it has become fashionable to accuse Bush of being unintelligent. What irks me is that most people who accuse him of being stupid are much less intelligent than he is. It's easy to sit back accuse him of making bad decisions. He is doing the best he can with the information he has. Unlike his predacessor, he's not afraid to make the tough calls even if they are unpopular. Bush does what he thinks is best for the country despite exit polls. His predecessor would select his tie based exit polls.

Oh, and by the way, Clinton had THREE opportunities to capture Bin Laden. He passed on them all, vastly underestimating the threat he posed even after the embassy bombings.

So true!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 11:35 AM   #74
cosmosblau
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
Read the news, and I don't mean NY times or other liberal-run news organizations. Liberals hate the victories we are having in Iraq. They are worse than communists.
What news do you read? What is your news source? Do you even read at all? This myopic opinion only comes from one source, and it isn't written.

Quote:
The liberals sit back in their lazy-boys watching the daily-show as their news source
I thought it was the NY times?

Quote:
In fact, I eagerly await the onslaught of fanatic liberal e90 owners that will bash me now. Bring it on! I don't give a shit. Indeed, its moral, freedom loving people like me that would gladly give their lives to protect your freedom to bash us.

Bill O'Reilly has you thinking that anyone who disagrees wtith this particular point of view is a Liberal. I am in no way a Liberal. Why don't you think things through and come up with your own opinion, instead of one that's provided for you. That's actually what freedom is. The freedom you claim to love is actually Slavery.

I
      03-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #75
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
Why don't you think things through and come up with your own opinion, instead of one that's provided for you. That's actually what freedom is. The freedom you claim to love is actually Slavery.

sure bro. Same to you. I've come to my own opinion rather than the sheep that follow the media.

Slavery? Maybe you were high when you wrote that. Do you feel enslaved by bush? Do any of you carefree E90 posters feel like slaves??
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #76
cosmosblau
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

sure bro. Same to you. I've come to my own opinion rather than the sheep that follow the media.

Slavery? Maybe you were high when you wrote that. Do you feel enslaved by bush? Do any of you carefree E90 posters feel like slaves??

I'm sorry, I should have remembered the old parable:
Don't ever try to teach a Pig to sing; it wastes your time, and annoys the Pig.
      03-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #77
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
      03-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #78
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
thanks for the wise quote. I've been called worse by other liberals.

He who thinks himself wise, O heavens! is a great fool.
--Voltaire
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #79
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
thanks for the wise quote. I've been called worse by other liberals.

He who thinks himself wise, O heavens! is a great fool.
--Voltaire
tight ass!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #80
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thats brilliant. Let me know where you are performing so I can buy tickets if I need a good laugh. Are you opening for Bill Maher?

No offense but this kind of pussy-liberal attitude is the reason it took so long to invade Germany in WW2.

By the way, how is the threat worse? Those cockroaches are being destroyed in Iraq now. As the liberals sing their pussy anti-war song we continue to kill al-quada scum. Read the news, and I don't mean NY times or other liberal-run news organizations. Liberals hate the victories we are having in Iraq. They are worse than communists.

The only way to win is through action. These evil creatures have no honor and as Cheney said the only way to deal with them is to destroy them. WHats the Clinton/Democrat/Liberal solution? Get a BJ and make friends with France while the towel head dirt bags blow up your cities.

The liberals sit back in their lazy-boys watching the daily-show as their news source and laughing their ignorant asses off while 100,000 brave american kids are risking their lives to protect our country. Liberals look down on our troops as uneducated fools but the truth is that you are the fools and they are the heros. You people don't see the forest for the trees. You people amuse me with your conspiracy theorys and cowardly attitudes. Many of the people speaking out against Bush on this forum havent even graduated college.

Enjoy your E90

Pussy! wow you better go repent for your sins asap.

Go sign up for the war and protect us, so all these young men and women dont die alone in a worthless war over bullshit!

Dont talk the talk! Would you let your kid fight in this war? You know damn well you would not.

I would not let my son.

If something is worth fighting over I am IN. When I come to SD I am going to kick your ass! lol
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:37 PM   #81
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
When I come to SD I am going to kick your ass! lol

I'll PM you my address if you like, bring it on!! It'll be the official E90post fight! LOL

I love it! Keep on bashing!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #82
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Those jersey boys are tough..
      03-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #83
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'll PM you my address if you like, bring it on!! It'll be the official E90post fight! LOL

I love it! Keep on bashing!!
Where is my PM Bitch?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #84
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
Where is my PM Bitch?

check your mailbox bitch
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #85
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So docbolo are you going to sign up for the war effort. I heard they are looking for a few guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #86
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep

Quote:
So docbolo are you going to sign up for the war effort. I heard they are looking for a few guys.
I actually wanted to at the end of graduate school (right after 9/11). My advisor convinced me out of it. But I am serving my country in my own way (not as honorably as our troops) by staying here and trying to cure cancer.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #87
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:

Fanatic Liberals love to claim that Bush is a retard but then accuse him of the most clever of conspiracy theories (like how bush planned 9/11).
Nobody is accusing Bush of masterminding the attacks 9/11, he's an idiot, he would never be able to pull it off. But thats what he has his cabinet for.

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #88
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
check your mailbox bitch
OK I will stop by! I got a addy for you.

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/
Appreciate 0