E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > College Acceptances :)

03-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #1
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

College Acceptances :)

I GOT IN!! WOO WOO!

No seriously, I feared for my life. I have a high GPA but I bombed the SATs, twice. I took it on the day of prom and was not into it at all. My personal statement was also not the most organized thing you've ever read. haha. It was out of chronological order and had to be revised about 192038103 times before I submitted it. But it was all worth it.

I got into Santa Clara University, University of San Diego, University of San Francisco, University of the Pacific and Saint Mary's College!

I'm just waiting on my UCs and I'm good to go! AHH FUN! I can't wait to graduate and go off to college. It's so close. So exciting

HOLLA!

Last edited by Enroutte; 03-01-2006 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 02:13 AM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

SCU- WOW!!! I cant afford to go there...CONGRATS!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
I GOT IN!! WOO WOO!

No seriously, I feared for my life. I have a high GPA but I bombed the SATs, twice. I took it on the day of prom and was not into it at all. My personal statement was also not the most organized thing you've ever read. haha. It was out of chronological order and had to be revised about 192038103 times before I submitted it. But it was all worth it.

I got into Santa Clara University, University of San Diego, University of Sasn Francisco, University of the Pacific and Saint Mary's College!

I'm just waiting on my UCs and I'm good to go! AHH FUN! I can't wait to graduate and go off to college. It's so close. So exciting

HOLLA!
Congrats!! If you move to san diego, ill be able to hang out with ya when im in town also. Ill be moving this summer, im so nervous!! I heard back from 2 schools so far, waiting on the rest, but i got into my #1. Atlesat those schools you can just drive you car back and forth haha..
      03-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #4
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Congrats........and good luck.

exciting....but stressful times...aaaaaaaaand

...it only gets worse...LOL!
      03-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #5
Sound Of Speed
~*teehee*~
Rep
Drives: Clownshoe and a 4x4

Garage List
Congrats!
      03-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #6
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Congrats!! If you move to san diego, ill be able to hang out with ya when im in town also. Ill be moving this summer, im so nervous!! I heard back from 2 schools so far, waiting on the rest, but i got into my #1. Atlesat those schools you can just drive you car back and forth haha..
aw yay antonella! im so excited we both got into colleges

yeah itll be hard to drive across the country huh? i'd miss home too much.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 02:17 AM   #7
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Congrats........and good luck.

exciting....but stressful times...aaaaaaaaand

...it only gets worse...LOL!
yah okay, mr UCLA grad.

i think.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 02:20 AM   #8
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
yay for you. congrats
      03-01-2006, 02:24 AM   #9
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
mr UCLA grad

LOL! If you only knew where I did my graduate training......

heeeheeeeee
      03-01-2006, 02:25 AM   #10
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
aw yay antonella! im so excited we both got into colleges

yeah itll be hard to drive across the country huh? i'd miss home too much.
I know, its scary. I feel like an old fart moving away at 22.. Atleast your doing it now. Are you going to still live at home or in a dorm?
      03-01-2006, 02:38 AM   #11
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

dorms all those universities i mentioned are too far to live at home.

except.. santa clara. but i prob wont even go there. its not even a good school. i heard its for rich kids who couldnt get in anywhere else. so i heard.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #12
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

all catholic schools so far, and great ones at that. santa clara is a good school imho.

my gf currently goes to usf. it's almost like an all girls school. more girls than guys.
      03-01-2006, 05:56 AM   #13
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Congrats enroutte!

What exactly are you going to study, which profession?

(Something related to POST traumatic stress, I think )

j/k
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #14
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
Congrats enroutte!

What exactly are you going to study, which profession?

(Something related to POST traumatic stress, I think )

j/k
haha, lame. i had to read it twice but i laughed the 2nd time around.

I'm not really sure what I want to do. At first I was going to major in Buisness/ Marketing since I'm good at math and I'd be able to work with other people. But then, all of my friends who are in college told me, on their first few days of school when they separate people into their sections, liek 1/4 of the student population does business. so i dont want to do what everyoen else is doing. it just creates more competition for me in the workfield once i get out. ahh thinking ahead!

So, I'm pretty sure I'm doing to be a dentist! I want to be a children's dentist! I LOVEEEE working with children and I'm so talkative and friendly, that I think that job would fit me really well.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #15
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon
all catholic schools so far, and great ones at that. santa clara is a good school imho.

my gf currently goes to usf. it's almost like an all girls school. more girls than guys.
Yeah, after I applied, I realized all the private schools I applied to are Catholic. It was a total accident though.

Is Santa Clara really a good school? I heard it's for rich kids who couldn't get in anywhere else.

Does your girlfriend like it at USF? It was originally one of my top choices but I didn't really like the campus tour. My tour guide was so cool he made some lame joke about how at USF, you can lay outside and get a "sun tan" then he was like "No wait, Fog tan" or something lame but it was funny. Yeah but my overall impression of the school was "meh."

Does anyone here go/ or went to Berkeley? I toured there and it's such an awesome school with a lively personality, but some of the people there scare me.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #16
ThreeBimm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325 xi

Congrats!

Damn, I wish I was "just" going to college. Now, I get to sit behind a computer all farking day.

Have fun because life after college - work - sucks.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #17
mikenuts
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

i second that Rinald.... I wish i was "just"going to college again too
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #18
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

You can. Go to grad school. If you haven't already, that is.

USD is in a nice location but unfortunately, not as nice as La Jolla/UCSD. USD is further south, however, and that's where all the action is at.

Congrats, Enroutte. Congrats again to you, Bella.
      03-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #19
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Elizabeth Berkeley

Quote:
Yeah, after I applied, I realized all the private schools I applied to are Catholic. It was a total accident though.

Is Santa Clara really a good school? I heard it's for rich kids who couldn't get in anywhere else.

Does your girlfriend like it at USF? It was originally one of my top choices but I didn't really like the campus tour. My tour guide was so cool he made some lame joke about how at USF, you can lay outside and get a "sun tan" then he was like "No wait, Fog tan" or something lame but it was funny. Yeah but my overall impression of the school was "meh."

Does anyone here go/ or went to Berkeley? I toured there and it's such an awesome school with a lively personality, but some of the people there scare me.
My brother went to Berkeley for B School, and he didn't come out as a hippie or anything, if that's what you're concerned about.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #20
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90rocks
My brother went to Berkeley for B School, and he didn't come out as a hippie or anything, if that's what you're concerned about.
Haha no no I'm not afraid of coming out as a hippie. I've been to Berkeley and it was pretty chill. Much more exciting than San Diego, in my opinion.

I'm afraid of the people who don't go to Cal but live around the campus. I went to the Mrs. Field's cookie place near Cal and a homeless man asked me several times to marry him. One of my guy friends had to push him away. I don't want that happening to me all the time if I go to Cal. Actually, I didn't even apply haha! So nevermind.

When I was applying to the UCs, i left out Berkeley just because they wanted me to write an extra essay and I was like, HELL NO. I already wrote 4, I'm not writing anymore. Yeah I know, priorities. ;]

What do you guys think of UCSB and UC Davis? What about Irvine?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #21
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

yea, i've had some friends that went to scu, and none of them were spoiled rich kids. one of them went there for law school after attending ucla.

she thinks it's ok. another reason she chose usf is cuz she's originally from socal, and she wanted to get away.

your tour guide is right. where usf is located, in the richmond, it always seems to be foggy. you can be in downtown, and it'll be all sunny. then you get back to usf, and it's overcast and foggy. but when there is sun, you'll see quite a bit of people just kickin it on usf's front lawn.
      03-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #22
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
You can. Go to grad school. If you haven't already, that is.

USD is in a nice location but unfortunately, not as nice as La Jolla/UCSD. USD is further south, however, and that's where all the action is at.

Congrats, Enroutte. Congrats again to you, Bella.
i was originally suppose to go to ucsd. such i nice campus!!

i like ucla too.