E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Discussion

11-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #45
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I'm playing a mish mash of roles. Heavy armor but points into dest. and resto. Also use archery a lot. Started out using one handers a lot but now I switch to two handers when I need melee.
I beat him pretty easily the other day. I went back out, got more arrows, picked up the fireball spell and hired the mage follower in Riften. I hadn't unlocked the mage followers in Winterhold yet.

The problem I can see with a follower all the time is that it slows your level progression. You're not using your weapons or spells as often.
But it was definitely nice on a tougher boss fight to have help.

I agree that the side quests have been more satisfying than the main quest so far (killing your first dragon is awesome though). I finished the Companions chain first and that was awesome. Definitely some 'wow' moments. The mage chain was pretty cool too.
I'm part way through the Thieves quest line... what other side quests are a blast?
I haven't even visited all of the cities yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #46
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

What happens if you decide to become a warewolf with the Companions? I decided to hold off on accepting that until I knew what that turned me into.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #47
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
How many followers can you take with you at once? Just one?

I need some help on Morokei, he's kicking my butt.
Go to the Arch-Mage's quarters at the College and steal the boots that give you 40% resistance to shock. That will cut down his main point of attack immensely.
      11-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #48
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
What happens if you decide to become a warewolf with the Companions? I decided to hold off on accepting that until I knew what that turned me into.
click HERE for Pros and Cons

Quote:
Beast Blood
Becoming a Werewolf bestows the Beast Blood ability, which grants a 100% resistance to all diseases in both human and beast forms, but does not allow you to acquire resting bonuses.

Beast Form
As a Werewolf, you get the power Beast Form. This lets you transform into a werewolf once per day. Once transformed, you are in your beast form for 180 seconds. You can stay in beast form longer by feeding on humanoid corpses. This gives you 50 points of health and another 30 seconds of beast form.

Advantages while in Beast Form:
  • Max health increases by 100.
  • Max stamina increases by 100.
  • Faster sprint (even faster than horses).
  • Wolves don't attack you.
  • Crimes committed as a werewolf don't give you bounty.
  • Can let out a loud roar with the Shout/Power key to cause all enemies nearby to run in fear for 60 seconds. There are two other roars, which you will have to unlock.
  • Can perform a leaping power attack that insta-kills most opponents. To do this, perform a power attack while sprinting towards the target, in Beast Form. Be careful though, your aim must be good to hit the target and you do travel a small distance past them, possibly into hazards such as traps and dangerous falls.
  • Can occasionally pick up (by the neck) and throw humanoid enemies great distances, as well as biting off their heads, both for an instant kill.

Disadvantages of Beast Form:
  • Can't switch out of third person view.
  • Can't loot the corpses of anything you kill.
  • Can only regain health when you consume corpses.
  • Can't pick up items.
  • Can't use Weapons, Spells, Items, Equipment, Shouts, or Powers.
  • May have trouble fitting through doorways.
  • Can't speak with anyone.
  • Almost everyone becomes hostile (Some other werewolves will sometimes not object to you changing in front of them).
  • If someone sees you transform there's a 1000 gold fine.
  • Can't use the character menu at all.
  • Can't sneak.
  • If you have the Beast Form ability, you are not eligible for being "rested" or "well rested".
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #49
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
click HERE for Pros and Cons
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like if I become a werewolf, I can choose to change form when I want to. So I won't experience any of it's cons as long as I don't change form.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #50
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like if I become a werewolf, I can choose to change form when I want to. So I won't experience any of it's cons as long as I don't change form.
Yeah and it's totally not a big deal either. There was a dungeon and I changed to werewolf. Killed everyone, then just waited to become human again. Then looted.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #51
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

There is also a cure for the beast blood.

Easy way to get 1500g per day without hex-editing, after you complete the companion's quest line you can pickpocket the sky forge smith, Eurland, for 1500g per day. He may catch you, but you'll never get into trouble. At least I don't. Easy money.
      11-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #52
Nexus_One
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS

It's also a hell of a lot better than becoming a vampire. In Oblivion being a vampire was great because you could control how far along you were in the progression of the disease, so if you needed extra strength for looting or fighting a bigger battle you could sleep and let the disease progress. In Skyrim though the disease progresses on its own, regardless of whether or not you sleep. Once you get to be a full fledged vampire you're pretty much f@#$ed as no one, not even the one guy who can cure you will help you. They'll just all try to kill you instead, and your stamina and health and magic will all reduce greatly during the day.

Werewolf doesn't seem to really have any downsides that I've encountered yet, plus its fun to just go on a random rampage and not get in trouble for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #53
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus_One View Post
It's also a hell of a lot better than becoming a vampire. In Oblivion being a vampire was great because you could control how far along you were in the progression of the disease, so if you needed extra strength for looting or fighting a bigger battle you could sleep and let the disease progress. In Skyrim though the disease progresses on its own, regardless of whether or not you sleep. Once you get to be a full fledged vampire you're pretty much f@#$ed as no one, not even the one guy who can cure you will help you. They'll just all try to kill you instead, and your stamina and health and magic will all reduce greatly during the day.
When you feed, I believe it will still reset the 4 day progression.
      11-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #54
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

This game is sorta pissing me off at high levels. I'm having an issue with money! Vendors just do not carry enough of it! It's like they don't scale with the items in the game. I'm not complaining, I have earned (legitly) over 100K gold, but I find myself stashing items or having to travel all over the world selling stuff. Anyways, just a rant....oh and I hit level 40 and still have not done the "Elder Scroll" part of the main quest.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #55
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
This game is sorta pissing me off at high levels. I'm having an issue with money! Vendors just do not carry enough of it! It's like they don't scale with the items in the game. I'm not complaining, I have earned (legitly) over 100K gold, but I find myself stashing items or having to travel all over the world selling stuff. Anyways, just a rant....oh and I hit level 40 and still have not done the "Elder Scroll" part of the main quest.
I have actually been having the same issue! This, though minor in the long run, really bothers me. Vendors in many other games actually have an "unlimited" supply of gold, and that makes things near the end game, much, much easier to live with.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #56
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Yeah, most vendors have 1k or less. REALLY frustrating when I've just gathered a ton of items.
I'll usually wait until I need to buy a bunch of stuff from that vendor and then sell back other stuff.
Otherwise, I end up stashing a lot and disenchanting items.

Being a werewolf is pretty awesome. i haven't seen a downside other than no sleep bonus and you can only change once a day. I used it a lot early on but not as often now.

I haven't done much on the main quest either. Keep getting sidetracked with other fun quests. Done a few of the daedric lords quest. Kinda cool they worked those in. Gets you some nifty items too.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #57
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
Yeah, most vendors have 1k or less. REALLY frustrating when I've just gathered a ton of items.
I'll usually wait until I need to buy a bunch of stuff from that vendor and then sell back other stuff.
Otherwise, I end up stashing a lot and disenchanting items.

Being a werewolf is pretty awesome. i haven't seen a downside other than no sleep bonus and you can only change once a day. I used it a lot early on but not as often now.

I haven't done much on the main quest either. Keep getting sidetracked with other fun quests. Done a few of the daedric lords quest. Kinda cool they worked those in. Gets you some nifty items too.
I've only found 2 or 3 of the Daedric lord quests....the one with the lost dog was pretty funny. I guess I should search around to find more.

I wasn't a fan of the werewolf, my enchanted daedric swords can do way more damage than the wolf ever could and I can drink potions/cast spells etc. Luckily you can get rid of it if you wish. I'm playing a "good guy" on this playthough so the stealing and killing in towns doesn't interest me.

I've been running around and finding all the new words to learn. I'm getting sick of killing dragons, never thought I'd say that. They should be more difficult and less of them to battle. Even on the hard difficuly I can whack them down in like 30 seconds, hardest part is waiting on those buggers to land!
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #58
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Personally I think the Dark Brotherhood quest line is better than the main quest.

Nothing like public assassinations of royalty
      11-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #59
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...hardest part is waiting on those buggers to land!
Yah same! Then I played the main quest and learned a shout to make them land. So many wasted minutes!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #60
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well I tried a War Dog companion today that was a waste of 500g. Either my AOE or sword shlash killed it off immediately. I wish there was an option for the companion to sit back and watch then follow....they awlays die. Better yet, I need a armored mule to carry the items I find which is the only thing companions are good for.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #61
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well I tried a War Dog companion today that was a waste of 500g. Either my AOE or sword shlash killed it off immediately. I wish there was an option for the companion to sit back and watch then follow....they awlays die. Better yet, I need a armored mule to carry the items I find which is the only thing companions are good for.
Give them a bow to use.

Archer war dog. Brilliant.
      11-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #62
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Just got this game a few days ago and I love it. I've strayed far from the main quest and there is plenty to do that doesn't feel like filler. Dual wielding spells is neat too.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #63
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Just got this game a few days ago and I love it. I've strayed far from the main quest and there is plenty to do that doesn't feel like filler. Dual wielding spells is neat too.
Definitely!

I've avoided most of the main quest on this other player I started, after finishing the main quest on another character I noticed it was kind of lacking.
      12-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #64
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #65
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Nearly fell out of my chair on the second trick shot

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #66
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

WHere do you get glass arrows, or making them flaming?
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0