E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Whitney Houston Dead

02-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #67
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Then you'd have to start paying for healthcare like the rest of us...not worth the cheaper car discount...not by a long shot
doesn't your employer buy you health insurance?
      02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #68
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Anyone that says "who the fuck cares?".. is too young to know just how great she was.. Simple as that. People started mourning her demise the day she married Bobby Brown..

You are talking about a singer with one of the most powerful voices in American music. She was an Icon. Regardless of her addictions.

Talking about troops in this thread is seriously ridiculous.. It can be used in any conversation... There will always be more important things to discuss... They go out there and fight so we can discuss simple things and mourn actors, athletes and musicians deaths. Instead of sitting here and harping on their deaths and her death... try remembering WHY they do what they do... and WHAT this woman did for a generation.
Wow! You got somewhat angry about this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #69
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
She raised the bar. I wasn't sticky residue in my dad's sack when Elvis was alive, but he transcended music. Whitney did this for her genre, she inspired new artists that sometimes helps me get through the day today.

Greg Maddux didn't directly assist me in baseball, but he inspired me to be a better player when I did play.

It doesn't have to be direct to affect someones life.
these people clearly haven't seen The Bodyguard, just like how you clearly haven't seen the original Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Kobe wasn't found guilty of a crime. Whitney admitted to being a druggie.

But I get it, we're talking about two different Whitney Houston's... I see. I didn't know there were two different people here, the Wikipedia article only mentions one.

You're right, it's not worth arguing....
can't tell if that was serious.

And in regards to your Kobe comment, what about Michael Jackson? MJ wasn't convicted either.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #70
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
these people clearly haven't seen The Bodyguard, just like how you clearly haven't seen the original Star Wars.

can't tell if that was serious.

And in regards to your Kobe comment, what about Michael Jackson? MJ wasn't convicted either.
Wasn't being serious.

What about MJ? I didn't cry when he passed away either...
      02-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #71
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Wasn't being serious.

What about MJ? I didn't cry when he passed away either...
i'm really not sure what your point is then.. so would you cry for kobe? you used him as a positive example regarding houston and her drug addiction.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #72
Brain
Banned
Rep
Drives: broken

xanax/alcohol combination cause of death. what a great person who lived a great life.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #73
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
i'm really not sure what your point is then.. so would you cry for kobe? you used him as a positive example regarding houston and her drug addiction.
You must not be reading everything.

Collins used Kobe as an analogy for my logic, basically saying based on my logic if Kobe died, he was nothing but a rapist so it shouldn't matter. I just said to him that the analogy isn't quite the same, because Kobe wasn't proven guilty of anything, while Whitney admitted to using drugs.

I never said that Whitney's death means nothing. I said I won't cry for her or be sad that a drug addict died, nor am I shocked/surprised that it happened. The main point of my argument is that I do believe we should remember her contribution to music, but I won't cry or be sad that she died because, well... she was a drug addict, and drug addicts die sometimes well before their time. And the social media attention whores are out in full force, with complete randoms "crying" and "in complete shock" that she is gone. Don't understand that one bit...