E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ask an asian

07-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #45
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFatAngry View Post
3. What the hell is bubble tea?
Yeah it's a drink from Taiwan. It's tea and sugar, shaken (like a martini). When it's shaken there's a bit of foam on the top, that's why it's called bubble tea. "Foam tea" doesn't sound as good as bubble tea. Also when we learn English in Taiwan, we are taught the word "bubble" in beginner levels, and rarely the word "foam". Vendors got competitive and creative by offering different flavours.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #46
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer View Post
you usually see the mid age women using the visors because they do not want a tan.. media in asia are bombarded with whitening skin products.. all the celebrities are as pale as you can get.. women in asia usually don't want a tan.. it's not a matter of skin cancer, it's just how they want to look.
Dude, definitely generalizing Asia here. Lots of people tan in Asia. Must be your country. It's a matter of getting aged skin after being exposed to sunlight for too long, those products are for UVs;not to make you look pale. Asian guys definitely don't find "pale" hot, unless that pale girl has super hot curvy body.

This thread should be re-named as "ask a Chinese guy(or wherever you're from)" and no, Not all Asians are Chineses.

Last edited by f30Seth; 07-22-2008 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #47
cshen
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
All Asians are not Chineses.
You mean not all asians are chinese?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #48
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshen View Post
You mean not all asians are chinese?
haha yes edit edit LOL
      07-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #49
bolty
/r/trees
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

Many asians would be familiar with the "mongolian blue spot".

For those that dont know, we have the privilege of having these bluish black spots on our backs and buttocks when we are infants. Its perfectly normal and they go away as you get older.

Perfectly normal to people that know about it. I had an interesting experience with this; let me paint a picture:

Young asian guy, 22 years old with his young loving wife bring their infant into the family doctor for a checkup. Stupid doctor couldnt connect these blue spots for what they really are. I could tell by the tone of voice, exactly what the motherfucker was thinking. After I set him straight, he was embarrassed and extremely apologetic.

So yeah, if you see an asian infant with blue bruises on ther backs and buttock, think twice!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #50
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolty View Post
Young asian guy, 22 years old with his young loving wife bring their infant into the family doctor for a checkup. Stupid doctor couldnt connect these blue spots for what they really are. I could tell by the tone of voice, exactly what the motherfucker was thinking. After I set him straight, he was embarrassed and extremely apologetic.
wow..
I bet he was embarassed!
      07-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #51
shimajer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
Dude, definitely generalizing Asia here. Lots of people tan in Asia. Must be your country. It's a matter of getting aged skin after being exposed to sunlight for too long, those products are for UVs;not to make you look pale. Asian guys definitely don't find "pale" hot, unless that pale girl has super hot curvy body.

This thread should be re-named as "ask a Chinese guy(or wherever you're from)" and no, Not all Asians are Chineses.
oh yah i was generalizing the Chinese. not the asians.. because the person asked why did they use the visors... obviously if the people wanted a tan, they wouldn't use the visors..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #52
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JZB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaznumkay View Post
why the hell are we considered yellow?
I am yellow and they called me a banana at work. (yellow on the outside. White on the inside)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #53
shimajer
Captain
Rep

Some asians get so offended when people say to them " you all look the same to me."
To me, white , black or brown people, they all look the same to me too. i only start to remember their names and faces after meeting them more than two times. so its all good.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #54
FJc335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: platinum bronze e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
Why do asians luv animated cartoons ?
and hello kitty and stuff ?
same reason why americans like the simpsons, spiderman smurfs, he-mans ,

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #55
FJc335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: platinum bronze e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
Yeah it's a drink from Taiwan. It's tea and sugar, shaken (like a martini). When it's shaken there's a bit of foam on the top, that's why it's called bubble tea. "Foam tea" doesn't sound as good as bubble tea. Also when we learn English in Taiwan, we are taught the word "bubble" in beginner levels, and rarely the word "foam". Vendors got competitive and creative by offering different flavours.
wow.. i thought it was the tabiocca in it that looks like bubbles...:some of the bubble tea i;ve had were" not shaken, but stirred" and no foam. confused2

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #56
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer View Post
Some asians get so offended when people say to them " you all look the same to me."
To me, white , black or brown people, they all look the same to me too. i only start to remember their names and faces after meeting them more than two times. so its all good.
I agree and disagree. I'm with you as far as looking all the same goes(everyone needs getting used to ). But, I'm afraid it goes little deeper than that. Even now, there are people who make naive statements about Asians without respecting cultural originality(martial arts, foods, life styles etc), and i think those statements are racial(or cultural) neglect if they were only treated as jokes. Surprisingly, that's what I still see on TV , mocking other nations for a couple minutes of entertainment. So, I say there should be some solid indications/classifications to be done in this thread like bolty's happening above. So that some mindless comedy show or uninformative statements don't destroy what should be classified as such. Of course, all in friendly manner
      07-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #57
homydevil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i cabriolet

ive lived around the world and found people to generalize on many grounds
I'm gonna share a saying I heard far east, no offence dudes "american men, Chinese women and german cars take the longest to grow old and become gracefull with age"
funny, I guess they didnt know about louis vuitton, chanel, gucci and prada back there otherwise must have sqeezed'em somewhere.

other common knowledge:
not being able to take alcohol cuz decreased alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme, not segregated to asians alone, its just common in'em.

skin protection, partly class oriented and partly very sensitive skin in comunity

helo kitty and sooping up cars...to express emotion in female and males.

Why all of them want to wear designers...no clue but it has to do something with lifestyle back home + history
Once again we'r all sharing misconceptions so
      07-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #58
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJc335 View Post
wow.. i thought it was the tabiocca in it that looks like bubbles...:some of the bubble tea i;ve had were" not shaken, but stirred" and no foam. confused2
Yeah I know what you mean. The tapioca is actually called "pearls" (small ones), and the big tapioca that's more common in North America is called the same as slang for big boobs, "puo ba".

The foam tea stuff goes way back, before the tapioca, before milk tea, and before all of the flavours. It used to be just "foam red tea".
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #59
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Talking The new black

They call me twinkie...
By the way: brown is the new black. Ask the US TSA at your nearest airports.

Quote:
Because they get angry.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #60
shimajer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homydevil View Post

Why all of them want to wear designers...no clue but it has to do something with lifestyle back home + history
Once again we'r all sharing misconceptions so
hmm. easy. Europeans targetted the western people, then it's spread to Asia. Japanese buy the most brand names ever. Other asians follow too.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #61
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
oh how bout this one. y do the fobby azns wear the huge face mask visors wen its so much easier to just wear sunglasses?

I've seen 2 (so far) this summer...one wears it while she's driving a Integra Type R (and she's like 50!)

My turn....why do asians like knock-offs so much?

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #62
shimajer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post

I've seen 2 (so far) this summer...one wears it while she's driving a Integra Type R (and she's like 50!)

My turn....why do asians like knock-offs so much?
Most of the knockoffs are made in China, hence it's easy to get a hand on one of those bags (i assume that's what you're talking about)...
But a lot of chinese ppl i know are hardcore brand names whores, they will never buy fakes. I've seen a lot of non asians carrying fake bags, watches , replicas, 1:1, Triple A, you name it. I've seen girls carrying Dior or channel bags when they are dressed poorly, come on, you think we will believe that shiat lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #63
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJc335 View Post
same reason why americans like the simpsons, spiderman smurfs, he-mans ,
True to some degree I suppose,
but really they luv amimated stuff,
maybe they found the eternal youth fountain
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #64
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

damn i like this thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #65
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Why are a lot of us lactose intolerant when we get older?

I'll try to take on this question. Lactose intolerance is most prominent among Asian, African and Native American adults, and less common in adults from Europe.

Taking a step back to answer why lactose intolerance is more prevalent among Asians, consider the epidemiology and geneology of a people whose ancestors lived in climates that couldn't support cattle herding. They could care less about milk, because it wasn't part of their diet. Anecdotally and by contrast, Europeans more likely relied more on milk as a staple food, particularly among those who had less access to other types of food, and in whom adequate nutrition might make the difference between life or death of a growing child. Those who had the lactase gene were more apt to thrive and pass this gene down to their offspring.

All humans are born with intestinal lactase activity. This helps break down the lactose into simpler sugars. However, most humans lose this during adolescence with the acception of those of European descent who have a genetic mutation that allows them to continue lactase production into adulthood. This is probably the result of adaptation and natural selection where survival was more pivotal on the population's ability to digest cow milk.

From a creationist or philosophical viewpoint, why would we as humans need lactase, except during the period we are neonates and infants? As we grow, we get our sugar sources from other foods: fruits, vegetables, Hostess HoHos and Twinkies. Bear in mind that humans are pretty much the only species that drink milk as adults, not to mention the milk from another animal.
      11-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #66
BMW135
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

why all asians are ballers? why do all asian kids have rich parents? haha....shimajer is one well known baller of all bmw forums.
i even heard his name before i got my bmw.

Last edited by BMW135; 11-15-2008 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0