E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Baton Rouge Police Shooting - New Footage Released (Graphic)

07-07-2016, 06:53 AM   #1
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Baton Rouge Police Shooting - New Footage Released (Graphic)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/bat...ing/index.html

Quote:
"A second video showing the shooting death of Alton Sterling, a black man shot several times while being held on the ground by police outside a Louisiana convenience store, was posted online Wednesday as federal authorities took charge of the investigation and local officials asked residents to keep their protests peaceful."

Not sure when/how this is going to stop, perhaps it's a combination of belligerence and indignation that leads folks to this end, and of course there is no specific source to which blame should be pointed.

Nonetheless, WTF.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:06 AM   #2
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Yea not sure why this shit keeps happening. It sucks ass because all police officers get thrown under the bus. It also sucks ass when these kids start shooting first asking questions later.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Yea not sure why this shit keeps happening. It sucks ass because all police officers get thrown under the bus. It also sucks ass when these kids start shooting first asking questions later.
I work with two black dudes in my department, one of which is nearing retirement age. We listened to a radio special this morning on it, and when it was done he goes, "Imma tell you like I told my son; if the police stop you, don't do a got damn thing. Don't do shit. Don't even fucking move". And to a degree, I had to agree with him.

I usually get stopped and cops have been very friendly; they've always asked about my cars, mods, and let me off with warnings (no front plate, ride height, etc). But this is a different arena, altogether.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:12 AM   #4
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2701935

TF.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
I work with two black dudes in my department, one of which is nearing retirement age. We listened to a radio special this morning on it, and when it was done he goes, "Imma tell you like I told my son; if the police stop you, don't do a got damn thing. Don't do shit. Don't even fucking move". And to a degree, I had to agree with him.
I think that's the concensus, don't fucking give them a reason.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:19 AM   #6
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I think that's the concensus, don't fucking give them a reason.
Did you see the link I posted in the fourth post of this thread? Fucking hell.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:19 AM   #7
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

he was tasered before he was shot, how do you expect him not to move, I don't know how can people defend that video, shot 6 times? c'mon man that's bullshit
      07-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #8
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Did you see the link I posted in the fourth post of this thread? Fucking hell.
Yea that's just awful. I wouldn't want to be a cop right now. The real bad perps will start fighting back gurandamntee it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #9
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
he was tasered before he was shot, how do you expect him not to move, I don't know how can people defend that video, shot 6 times? c'mon man that's bullshit
There is absolutely no defending the video, whatsoever. The entire event was captured as clearly as it could have been.

Literally the only saving grace of this fucked up society is the technological developments to ensure real-time documentation.

Appreciate 2
      07-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #10
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Yea that's just awful. I wouldn't want to be a cop right now. The real bad perps will start fighting back gurandamntee it.
I know dude. It's literally open season.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #11
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

What I don't understand is how two body cams just fall off the officers....usually that kind of drama is reserved for TNT and the movies
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #12
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
What I don't understand is how two body cams just fall off the officers....usually that kind of drama is reserved for TNT and the movies

That was a main point of contention with regard to the situation, also.

I suppose they are investing in their gear from Chinese bootleggers, these days. Suits their purposes just fine, apparently.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #13
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Not saying it was justified, but why is the media always painting these guys as outstanding citizens?

There's no mention of him being a sex offender for a crime involving a child, no mention of his other half dozen or so arrests, some for violent crimes, and no mention that witnesses said he was threatening someone with a gun prior to the police showing up.

And yes, it's been confirmed he did have a gun in his pocket that he was reaching for.
Appreciate 8
      07-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #14
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Not saying it was justified, but why is the media always painting these guys as outstanding citizens?

There's no mention of him being a sex offender for a crime involving a child, no mention of his other half dozen or so arrests, some for violent crimes, and no mention that witnesses said he was threatening someone with a gun prior to the police showing up.

And yes, it's been confirmed he did have a gun in his pocket that he was reaching for.
Most of the victims of these shootings are not outstanding citizens, you are correct.

Given that he is not an outstanding citizen, does that make his life any less valuable? Serious question. If he pulled out a gun and shot a police officer, the other one would have shot him dead anyway. Then what?

I don't care what the justification is that you, or anyone else has. It happened.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #15
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Carrera S, 23 Tesla Model S

I don't know if everyone else has much better vision than myself, but I really could not clearly see diddly in that video. I can't tell if he was reaching for or had a hand on his gun or not. I don't see any evidence that this was not a justified shooting. If people want to jump up and down about a police shooting, I'd suggest that the one in Minneapolis looks pretty questionable (so far).
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #16
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:

aHAHHaha

sorry... not
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 07:59 AM   #17
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Given that he is not an outstanding citizen, does that make his life any less valuable? Serious question.
Yes. That's why the president has secret service, convicts kill each other for fun..

Quote:
If he pulled out a gun and shot a police officer, the other one would have shot him dead anyway. Then what?
Hence the shoot first, ask questions later?
Your two older co workers gave the proper advice.
White ppl don't get away with everything they want either - look at the Stanford rapist, the "influenza drunk driver" etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #18
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Most of the victims of these shootings are not outstanding citizens, you are correct.

Given that he is not an outstanding citizen, does that make his life any less valuable? Serious question. If he pulled out a gun and shot a police officer, the other one would have shot him dead anyway. Then what?

I don't care what the justification is that you, or anyone else has. It happened.
I wasn't justifying it, just pointing out that the media has only been talking about how great he was and Not reporting on facts. Doesn't mean he deserved to die, but it is just creating a bigger rift when the uniformed think that law abiding citizens are at war with the police.

To your point of if he shot one officer, the other would have shot him anyway, why does a criminal get to shoot first? Are cops not allowed to protect themselves to make sure they go home to their families?

Granted the cops could have handled this differently, but it is what it is. Instead of jumping to conclusions, let's see all the evidence before we burn the cops.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #19
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
I don't know if everyone else has much better vision than myself, but I really could not clearly see diddly in that video. I can't tell if he was reaching for or had a hand on his gun or not. I don't see any evidence that this was not a justified shooting. If people want to jump up and down about a police shooting, I'd suggest that the one in Minneapolis looks pretty questionable (so far).
Indeed it is questionable. He also apparently had a weapon. It's all context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post

aHAHHaha

sorry... not
?

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:02 AM   #20
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Guys, I think the police shooting in MN is worse. This is absolutely horrific. The guy told the officer that he had a permit to carry a weapon and he was just reaching for his wallet. No priors, steady job so he doesn't fit the narrative of being a thug. This is a really tough one to watch.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fal...ota/index.html
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 08:04 AM   #21
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Hence the shoot first, ask questions later?
Your two older co workers gave the proper advice.
White ppl don't get away with everything they want either - look at the Stanford rapist, the "influenza drunk driver" etc.
You're missing the point.

Quote:
I wasn't justifying it, just pointing out that the media has only been talking about how great he was and Not reporting on facts. Doesn't mean he deserved to die, but it is just creating a bigger rift when the uniformed think that law abiding citizens are at war with the police.

To your point of if he shot one officer, the other would have shot him anyway, why does a criminal get to shoot first? Are cops not allowed to protect themselves to make sure they go home to their families?

Granted the cops could have handled this differently, but it is what it is. Instead of jumping to conclusions, let's see all the evidence before we burn the cops.
I can understand that. However, I'm not taking the media's approach. I'm black. I understand that many times, it seems as though the antagonizing is real and things are warranted.

And to answer your point, it was an alternative scenario. Not saying anyone shouldn't go home to their families. Also sounds like you're missing the point, too.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #22
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You're missing the point.
that being a different skin color means you're subjected to a different standard?
welcome to the world? i dunno

i thought u knew all this, how hard are you balling it up in the tinder thread?
Appreciate 0