E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Razors Big $$ ..SMH!

07-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
FL335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Razors Big $$ ..SMH!

I am a professional so I shave, daily and even once on the weekend. I have had ALL of the new and "better" razors. You name it..if Gillette has made it, I have owned it.

Recently I went back to the trusty 'ole Mach 3 Turbo. It's simple, the shave is solid and it works well. In the need of additional blades, I hit my local Publix.

5 blades...$16. It's criminal! I bought them then bitched about it to my wife. Surfing online, I ran across $ shave club. So I gave it a shot. They let you choose from 3 different razors:

The "Kia", The "Honda Accord" and the "Infiniti/Lexus" ( a good analogy for us car guys)

I chose the "Honda"..$6 for the handle and 4 razors. Buy as many or little as you want. You can now feel free to use a razor per week.

The shave: Sharp, clean and no burn (I shave in the shower with a mirror). The "value" is there: 10x better than a disposable. Almost as good as a full retail Gillette. The great thing is that they're so inexpensive that I don't feel I need to "stretch out" the razor and cut up my face. I will use one new razor per week...no sweat. Good stuff!

They have face products too...I bot some after shave cream. The service is legit! I like a good deal and would define this as an "A".

Try it out.

Here is "My" link...I get $5 off (every member does too if someone uses their link).. but I don't care if you use it or not....I got $5 for signing up my wife. BTW, girls use ALOT more razors than us...good god!

Anyway, GL....let me know what you think.

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/toddperkins6
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Been using Dollar shave club for 6 months now. Best investment for shaving I've ever made. I order the 5 razor kind, but it lasts me at least 3 shaves for $11 month. I have REALLY Coarse hair, dulls blades really fast. Highly recommend it. Wayyy cheaper than going to the store and buying razors. I'm spending $11 month, compared to $30 I was spending normally. The gillette name brand is a hoax. It's all marketing. They give you 4.5.6 razors and a ball and they charge you up the ass. Just give me a close shave for the fraction of the price. It's worth it, try it. It will save you money in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
FL335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Been using Dollar shave club for 6 months now. Best investment for shaving I've ever made. I order the 5 razor kind, but it lasts me at least 3 shaves for $11 month. I have REALLY Coarse hair, dulls blades really fast. Highly recommend it. Wayyy cheaper than going to the store and buying razors. I'm spending $11 month, compared to $30 I was spending normally. The gillette name brand is a hoax. It's all marketing. They give you 4.5.6 razors and a ball and they charge you up the ass. Just give me a close shave for the fraction of the price. It's worth it, try it. It will save you money in the long run.
I was going to try the 5 blade....for the extra $3...I think I will. Great quality and a fresh blade, weekly. wow! Thanks for your input...Who doesn't like a good deal?!
Appreciate 0