E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > New NBA Season

11-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

New NBA Season

Well if there are any basketball fans here, you all know its been around a week since the start of the new season. I as an Australian basketball and rugby fanatic love the NBA and have been a Lakers fan since four years old.
My predictions for which team will advance to the finals are quite simple.

Utah Jazz have a great team assembled and if injuries don't plague them then i think they could definately secure the west. They have the defence of Detroit(Thanks to Boozer and Kirilenko) and the offense of the Suns(Derek Fisher, Boozer, Kirilenko and Okur).

As for the east i have always loved detroit pistons but there vital piece Ben Wallace is now in chicago which means to me they won't be advancing to the conference finals. I have a great feeling about the Bulls doing some damage in the east and could probably secure the east. This can only happen if Ben Gorden and Hinrich are more consistent with there offensive game.

Please feel free to comment on any team, or if you agree or disagree to my predictions then please provide your views or predictions.

I LOVE THIS GAME
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
typerlover
Private
Rep
Drives: coming soon

Could see the Cavs doing more damage than the Bulls in the East. Once shaq is back the heat will be too. New Jersey can always jump up and be dangerous.

In the west, its simple. Dallas or San Antonio. Jazz won't do anything, neither the lakers, or any other team for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #3
houston06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw328i 07 coupe

I am from houston, and we have the star power and pieces to do some damage but it just depends on how we gel, van gundy I am getting tried of his style...but ofcourse spurs have too much talent and experience to be counted out...jazz are the suprise people forgot abotu them bc of the injuries but they have shown to be very dangerous...I love the lakers, I got to meet kobe when they cmae to hotuon for the all star game last feb so I am a big fan..Bynum and odom are really stepping it up I jut saw them beat timberwolves on league pass right now.....East, magic are my favorite team, I belive them and toronto will be better than people are giving them credit for...Miami seems to be slacking but they are a different team come playoffs..theres no real dominanace out there in th east, but im glad the season startedd
On order- Jet Black e92 328i coupe... Saddle Brown Interior....Premium...Sports...Comfort...Park Distance....Picked it up, wow...loving the 328 sport wheels and the combination inside out more than i imagined!,,,,
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston06
I am from houston, and we have the star power and pieces to do some damage but it just depends on how we gel, van gundy I am getting tried of his style...but ofcourse spurs have too much talent and experience to be counted out...jazz are the suprise people forgot abotu them bc of the injuries but they have shown to be very dangerous...I love the lakers, I got to meet kobe when they cmae to hotuon for the all star game last feb so I am a big fan..Bynum and odom are really stepping it up I jut saw them beat timberwolves on league pass right now.....East, magic are my favorite team, I belive them and toronto will be better than people are giving them credit for...Miami seems to be slacking but they are a different team come playoffs..theres no real dominanace out there in th east, but im glad the season startedd
I am sooooo jealous, you met Kobe I hope Houston does well this season. they were shocking last season. They as you said need to gel in order for them to be contending for the playoffs. I just saw the score for the LA vs timberwolves game, Bynum scored 20 with 14 rebs and 3 blks. This kid is the next shack for LA.

On another note for the start of this season is what the hell is wrong with the Mavericks. They haven't won a game yet. This team has been known to choke in the playoffs against other good teams in the west. I have a feeling they'l have a tough season.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by typerlover
Could see the Cavs doing more damage than the Bulls in the East. Once shaq is back the heat will be too. New Jersey can always jump up and be dangerous.

In the west, its simple. Dallas or San Antonio. Jazz won't do anything, neither the lakers, or any other team for that matter.
I think you are underestimating the Jazz. They have a great line-up as well as great veteran back-ups like Derek fisher and Mat Harpring. This team has plenty of potential and is the only team that has good stats against San Antonio when it comes to games played against each other. I do like the talent and good team work of San Antonio but i still favour the Jazz simply because when the team had its full line-up(injuries plagued the team) at the end of the season they were on constant winning streaks.

Lakers have improved from last season as the addition of Radmonavic and Evens provide more offense and better back-ups for Kobe when his having a breather. Bynum is a massive improvement thanks to Kareem Abdul-Jabbars guidance. Odom has stepped it up for the team. This team may not be a Western confrerence winner but they will certainly fight it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
MrSilver
Judge Advocate General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Does anyone watch the NBA anymore?

I haven't cared since Jordan left the Bulls.

'07 E92 335i "Over-Heating" and "Blowing Up" since 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite (Howard is not optional)

'07 X3 3.0si - Black on Black, ZPP, ZCW, Step. - Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #7
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSilver
Does anyone watch the NBA anymore?

I haven't cared since Jordan left the Bulls.
Well you better start watching the NBA again because there is someone who has replaced Jordan and has made his own style of game, to me Kobe Bryant is the best shooting guard in league. Kobe has style and an unbelievable work ethic that really does put him in a league of his own.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I don't watch NBA. I probably should since the Heat won right? lol I've been to a couple games, and I used to watch on TV but I'm too into baseball and football, let along work and school to watch any other sports.

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G
Well you better start watching the NBA again because there is someone who has replaced Jordan and has made his own style of game, to me Kobe Bryant is the best shooting guard in league. Kobe has style and an unbelievable work ethic that really does put him in a league of his own.
You have to admit that LBJ will give Kobe a run for his money.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
houston06
Private First Class
Rep

yea lebron has the natural gifts but his appeal and intensity just isnt like mj/kobe...mj was appealing to the fans bc he was ridiculously competitive and had a fire and intsensity in his game just to attack like no other, bryant has a similiar work ethic and intensity, lbj will put up big numbers and has size and atheticism but not hte skill or spirit those two guys have even though the media will want lj all the hype and keeps callin him king james and making excuses on him while bashing bryant, he is a damn good player that no one can argue that but i think kobe has the certain intangibles and mental toughness that compares to the greats and the clutch players like mj, jordan,bird and so on
On order- Jet Black e92 328i coupe... Saddle Brown Interior....Premium...Sports...Comfort...Park Distance....Picked it up, wow...loving the 328 sport wheels and the combination inside out more than i imagined!,,,,
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #11
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

I'm so excited for the Lakers this year... if Odom and Bynum keep it up, I think the Lakers' future is bright~!! I love Kobe's new style of game, although ppl say he needs to shoot more... wth~ just last year, he was known to take too many shots (selfish? shots)... bunch of kobe haters~!!! I believe as the season continues, Kobe will wisely choose his shots as well... LAKERS passing game is amazing this year as well... I can talk for hours about Lakers so I'm gonna stop now...

I LOVE THE LAKERS~!! WE GONNA OWN THIS YEAR!! :rocks: :rocks:

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #12
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
his style includes such moves as "raping you against your will"

friggin Kobe, I dislike him.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #13
houston06
Private First Class
Rep

I think thats unfortunate on the raping charges, yea he did commit adultery which is horrible but some slut who they had shown had sex and found sperm from 3 Differnet guys the Last 3 nights saw that she can make some serious cash bc he is a big player and went to sue him, she voluntarily went up in his room?...cmon now...adn 3 differnet guys, famous people become targets and its unfortunate bc no one realizes that he did not get Convicted, yea he commited adultery but he is not a rapists....michael jordan commited adultery, if that girl was as ambitious/evil as kobe's he couldve just as easily been accused but he did go into a legal battle for extra money she said he promised her, they have a messed up world and i dont believe its an acceptable lifestyle but i just dont htink it was rape ...anywho...yea lakers lost tongith but they are playing a hell of a team game...morrison is fun to watch on the bobcats, my rockets are getting on a roll, dont know whats worng with dallas....i want to see jj redick play more
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 04:06 AM   #14
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston06
I think thats unfortunate on the raping charges, yea he did commit adultery which is horrible but some slut who they had shown had sex and found sperm from 3 Differnet guys the Last 3 nights saw that she can make some serious cash bc he is a big player and went to sue him, she voluntarily went up in his room?...cmon now...adn 3 differnet guys, famous people become targets and its unfortunate bc no one realizes that he did not get Convicted, yea he commited adultery but he is not a rapists....michael jordan commited adultery, if that girl was as ambitious/evil as kobe's he couldve just as easily been accused but he did go into a legal battle for extra money she said he promised her, they have a messed up world and i dont believe its an acceptable lifestyle but i just dont htink it was rape ...anywho...yea lakers lost tongith but they are playing a hell of a team game...morrison is fun to watch on the bobcats, my rockets are getting on a roll, dont know whats worng with dallas....i want to see jj redick play more
I totally agree with what you saying. It is shocking at what lack of ethical behaviour exists anymore.:mad: I never doubted Kobe's innocense at all. He is too good to be raping anyone. he could pick the hotest girl in a club and have consensual sex whenever he wants. I really think the Kobe haters are really just hating him because of his skills.

As for LBJ, i like the kid but i could never compare him to Kobe nor would i say he is better than Kobe. I think LBJ plays like a shooting guard and a power forward. he effeciently mixes these two postions into his skill. Great rebounder and an alright shooter.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 05:37 AM   #15
Ray
Rep

At 21 yrs old, LBJ has already exceeded the expectations of the media. In the 2003 season, the Cavs had a grand total of only 17 victories. For every year since LBJ jumped aboard, the Cavs' number of victories have raised to:
35 (2004)
42 (2005)
50 (2006)

Within those three years of his career, he averaged:
26.5 pts (31.4 last season)
6.7 boards (9.0 so far this year)
6.5 assists

He may not have the smooth moves like Kobe, but this guy knows what it takes to win and has the potential to be one of the best. In due time.

I too love Kobe, but want to give credit where credit is due.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #16
Ray
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
I don't watch NBA. I probably should since the Heat won right? lol I've been to a couple games, and I used to watch on TV but I'm too into baseball and football, let along work and school to watch any other sports.
C'mon Nikki! You're at the home of the World Champions! I can't even remember the last time my Warriors even threatened to be eligible for the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #17
Stronie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80M3 Comp. 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeThirtyEye
At 21 yrs old, LBJ has already exceeded the expectations of the media. In the 2003 season, the Cavs had a grand total of only 17 victories. For every year since LBJ jumped aboard, the Cavs' number of victories have raised to:
35 (2004)
42 (2005)
50 (2006)

Within those three years of his career, he averaged:
26.5 pts (31.4 last season)
6.7 boards (9.0 so far this year)
6.5 assists

He may not have the smooth moves like Kobe, but this guy knows what it takes to win and has the potential to be one of the best. In due time.

I too love Kobe, but want to give credit where credit is due.
In here in Columbus...grew up in Cleveland and have had the League Pass for 5 years straight, I love all NBA Teams except the Pacers there is something about that team.

Kobe is absolutly Ridiculous I'll agree there but being from Cleveland I have to say the LeBron is the best overall player period.
Go CAVALIERS!!!!!!!

PS:
I know you guys saw LeBron dunk on Duncun! What!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 05:50 AM   #18
Ray
Rep

Cleveland Rocks!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 06:28 AM   #19
MrSilver
Judge Advocate General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Kobe has style and an unbelievable work ethic that really does put him in a league of his own.
He should be in a jail of his own.

I have a hard time respecting anyone who cheats on their wife, let alone someone who rapes someone.

No sir,

I have no respect Kobe "The Rapist" Bryant.

'07 E92 335i "Over-Heating" and "Blowing Up" since 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite (Howard is not optional)

'07 X3 3.0si - Black on Black, ZPP, ZCW, Step. - Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #20
houston06
Private First Class
Rep

anyways, yall notice the way the game has changed since back in the jordan period just in the 90s...it was so much more physical i was watchign some old games on nba tv and espn classic now they call on little bumps and just it was muhc mroe physical you can play real D back then, these days i dont know, i think they just want more response more higher scoring and peopel dont have th talent these days, one knock i have on lebron is his shooting skill level, he wouldnt be dropping 30 in the 90s with the d that is played by those guys without getting to hte line on ticky tack calls like he and wade are now, kobe was there twoards the end of that era, jordan dominated it...now its not there fault they are taking what thy are getting, its thet nba and rule changes so that players can score more...but as for mr silver read my post...and if you dont respect anyone who cheats, whic his fair enough but sadily the case for majority of the nba athletes including the great himsefl...MJ so you dont respect jordan either?
Appreciate 0