E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW M Sport rules of the game

Closed Thread

01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Casualvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

BMW M Sport rules of the game

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello all, awesome site and hope to keep growing in knowledge and info. Im fairly new to BMW and was wondering the unwritten rules and regulation of the Msport. For starters... What is it? Is it a line of features or accessories or is it a whole class of its own? For example, I have a baseline 328xi, would it be appropriate to get a part, door sills for example, that say Msport? Or would the BMW community say nooooo!!!!!!! WtF are you doing? The only example I have is the Honda Civic Si. The Si version is the sport"racing inspired" (notice I did put " ") off the civics, it is frowned to put the Si badge on a non Si. So what does it take to be legit Msport? Only having the Msport upgrade? Let me know the rules of the game, I might just get an msport key chain!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

Many BMW's share the same parts as the M division (steering wheels, seats, etc.)

It's ok to have PARTS that have the M logo. However, is is NOT ok to put the actual M logo on the outside of the car to rebrand it.

"So what does it take to be legit Msport?"

It takes the purchase of an actual M car.

However, at the end of the day, it's your car, do what you want with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Casualvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

That makes sense, about having an M vehicle. I'm not lame enough to badge the car with the M, but, for example, there are oem rims that have a little square sticker with an M. I also have seen vmr style rims with that.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread