E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Another -1 for Audi

10-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 ZCP

Another -1 for Audi

"Ilka Dunne posted on Facebook on Sunday that three weeks ago her Audi A4 cabriolet went in for repairs to fix a repeat problem with the roof. While booked in to the Northcliff Audi branch it was involved in an accident and was written off. Over the last three weeks Audi has been investigating the matter, with their risk assessors and insurance company.
Dunne has been dealing with Ben Jonge Poerink, the service manager and Shaun Michael, the dealer principal.
Dunne stated that “Upfront we told them we would not be willing to claim from our insurance as it wasn’t our issue and we didn’t see why we should suffer the consequences of an increase to our insurance premiums. They promised to get back to us with the next steps. We then waited for about three days with no update or feedback.
"Finally, days later having left message after message, Michael came back to us to say that Audi’s insurance would not pay the claim and we should claim from our insurance.”
Since then the Dunne’s have received little feedback from Audi, despite requesting to have the matter escalated.
The Facebook community have rallied behind Dunne with the original post receiving 1 112 Likes, 583 comments and the post being shared 625 times in less than 36 hours. And counting...
Audi South Africa’s blanket response to the many Facebook posts has been, “Discussions are continuing with Dunne to resolve this situation. Audi SA understands the gravity of this situation and is working to resolve it as soon as possible although this is a process that will take some time.”

My gym is by this dealership and I have watched these bastards redline cold cars, scrape customers cars while turning onto the street off the banked exit. Funny how there is no appreciation for other peoples belongings. I had to leave my 335 at the BMW dealership across the road for 3 weeks. They did not even put 1 mile on the car and moved it to the undercover storage area.

Last edited by Notion-Za; 10-23-2012 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
This happens at dealerships affiliated with every brand and is far from exclusive to Audi. We hear about this constantly. The first response from the dealership insurance company is always to deny it to see if they can get the other party to cover it. That's just the nature of the insurance business.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0