E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Adolf Hitler's birthday cake.

12-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #23
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
The parents are definately retarded but it's discrimination when the stores denied the Adolf Hitler birthday cake.
I hope your kidding.
It's discriminating to millions of people when someone calls their son Adolf Hitler!!
And don't tell me it's just a name when they name their daughter ARYAN NATION!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #24
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
Exactly....so because of what people think, someone should not name their child a certain way? So why don't you change your name then?
YES! In today's society, how many job offers do you think will come to a person with the name of Adolf Hitler? Frankly I'm surprised that an Arab person such as yourself never experienced any sort of discrimination.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #25
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Dude..I'm Arabic and I have an Arabic name and I'm a pilot (that's 3 things compared to that kids 1 thing which is his name)....Should I live my life in misery because I'm named after some terrorist? and you say I'm clueless? rightttttttttttttt.

Why? because you choose to look at it a certain way?
What are you talking about? What other way should I look at it? What name comes to mind when you hear Adolf Hitler? Notice I did not simply say Adolf as you tried to convey as being the same thing as being named "osama" or "saddam" in your previous post, which is not the same as being named Adolf Hitler. They are simply first names, which is fine, but when you choose to name your child "ADOLF HITLER" you are clearly doing it for a reason, and it is not the same as being named "adolf," "osama," or "saddam." If that were the case then you wouldn't be able to name your child anything because I could come up with an example of a bad person from history with the same first name. I think you are the one choosing to look at this a certain way, and it seems like its more from a defensive point of view against anything that isn't 1,000% politically correct.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #26
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
YES! In today's society, how many job offers do you think will come to a person with the name of Adolf Hitler? Frankly I'm surprised that an Arab person such as yourself never experienced any sort of discrimination.
Job offers...lol Like I said, I'm Arabic and I'm an airline pilot....enough said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
What are you talking about? What other way should I look at it? What name comes to mind when you hear Adolf Hitler? Notice I did not simply say Adolf as you tried to convey as being the same thing as being named "osama" or "saddam" in your previous post, which is not the same as being named Adolf Hitler. They are simply first names, which is fine, but when you choose to name your child "ADOLF HITLER" you are clearly doing it for a reason, and it is not the same as being named "adolf," "osama," or "saddam." If that were the case then you wouldn't be able to name your child anything because I could come up with an example of a bad person from history with the same first name. I think you are the one choosing to look at this a certain way, and it seems like its more from a defensive point of view against anything that isn't 1,000% politically correct.
So you're going to judge the kid because of his name basically?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=bmstyle71;3818451]Job offers...lol Like I said, I'm Arabic and I'm an airline pilot....enough said

I'm not talking about you. Way to take your anecdotal evidence out of context.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #28
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=TiAg335i;3818461]
Quote:
Job offers...lol Like I said, I'm Arabic and I'm an airline pilot....enough said

I'm not talking about you. Way to take your anecdotal evidence out of context.
I know you're not talking about me....I'm giving you an example lol
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #29
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Naming your kid Adolf Hitler is just a dumbass thing to do. Argue all you want. You could name your kid "Jesus Christ", or "Prophet Muhammed", or "Periwinkle Plumfeather", hell, you could name a kid "Uncle Tom", or "Cracka Ass Honkey", because after all, they're all just names right?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #30
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Exactly....so because of what people think, someone should not name their child a certain way? So why don't you change your name then? People's stupidity makes you alter someones name? Doesn't that make you (not you as in YOU) dumber than them?
You're absolutely right in that we shouldn't judge solely by one's name, there's no doubt about that. The problem isn't the group of people who understands that (everyone who posted in this thread), the problem is with a large number of people who don't.

Sure, we can try and convince each and every one of them to be more enlightened, but how much effort will it take? Isn't it easier to just avoid the problem by naming the kid something else? There are people who Do Bad Things and who are beyond reason, there's just no reasoning with them. Like the people who believe Jews should be exterminated.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #31
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:

So you're going to judge the kid because of his name basically?
Who is judging the child? You sure like to put words in the mouths of others, huh? If anything I would judge his parents, and maybe if you could read between the lines you would be able to do the same. What kind of message do you think his parents are trying to send by naming one child "Adolf Hitler" and the other "Aryan Nation?" You seem to have a very strange view on things... perhaps if you were Jewish (I'm Catholic if it matters) or someone with any type of knowlege on history then you would be as sensitive to someone naming their child "Adolf Hitler" as you are towards any type of Arab remark. Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes and it helps to give a better, or at least different, perspective on things.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #32
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

By the way, case in point, they won't make a cake for the kid because his name is Adolf Hitler. He's already faced discrimination and he's still got many years ahead of him.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #33
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Who the hell puts anything besides a first name on a birthday cake anyways?
      12-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #34
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

the problem with this is the fact that the childs name includes hitler. im sure there are many other people with the surname hitler, but how fucking many of them do you think have the first name adolf? just because you can doesnt mean you should. i could name my kid ' john shit balls jr.' but that doesnt mean i should.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #35
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
By the way, case in point, they won't make a cake for the kid because his name is Adolf Hitler. He's already faced discrimination and he's still got many years ahead of him.
Not at WalMart he doesn't.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #36
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Who is judging the child? You sure like to put words in the mouths of others, huh? If anything I would judge his parents, and maybe if you could read between the lines you would be able to do the same. What kind of message do you think his parents are trying to send by naming one child "Adolf Hitler" and the other "Aryan Nation?" You seem to have a very strange view on things... perhaps if you were Jewish or someone with any type of knowlege on history then you would be as sensitive to someone naming their child "Adolf Hitler" as you are towards any type of Arab remark. Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes and it helps to give a better, or at least different, perspective on things.
So just like you're automatically assume things about the child already, you also assume that no one knows anything about history unless they're Jewish? NICE I see your mentality. Sensativity?????? DUDE.....I'm ARABIC (for the 3rd time), we are discriminated against the MOST. You don't see me changing my name to DAVID WATT. You care so much about what people think then hey, alter your life as you see fit to please them. His parents don't care about what people think because it's a free country and they're exercising their rights.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #37
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
Who the hell puts anything besides a first name on a birthday cake anyways?
excellent point. ive never had a cake (especially as a child) read 'john howard *****' (dont wanna get id jacked ). unless the parents of the child always called their son by his full name, i believe its safe to say that they were trying to provoke some kind of response.

random fact, when i was a kid i went to camp with a kid named jack daniels
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #38
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Who cares? Seriously, its a name. They didnt resurrect the nazis back from the dead. They can grow up and change their name if they want. Again WHO CARES

rofl @ everyone who thinks this is a big deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #39
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuTurkey View Post
You're absolutely right in that we shouldn't judge solely by one's name, there's no doubt about that. The problem isn't the group of people who understands that (everyone who posted in this thread), the problem is with a large number of people who don't.

Sure, we can try and convince each and every one of them to be more enlightened, but how much effort will it take? Isn't it easier to just avoid the problem by naming the kid something else? There are people who Do Bad Things and who are beyond reason, there's just no reasoning with them. Like the people who believe Jews should be exterminated.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #40
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Who cares? Seriously, its a name. They didnt resurrect the nazis back from the dead. They can grow up and change their name if they want. Again WHO CARES
THANK YOU
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #41
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Apparently the people who denied the cake do!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #42
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
random fact, when i was a kid i went to camp with a kid named jack daniels
You should automatically assume he's an alcoholic.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #43
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You should automatically assume he's an alcoholic.
he was my bff at camp. i think he had a hot mom, cant really remember
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #44
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
I never understood why people get offended by words. They are just sounds we make to communicate. And im disappointed, I thought I was gonna see an actual birthday cake with hitlers face on it. I thought it was a joke thread. And I dont think its okay for that store to deny making the cake. If the parents are wrong, then the store is even more wrong.
Appreciate 0