E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Are asian drivers actually bad?

06-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #23
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

all drivers except me are terrible

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #24
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipill View Post
Are asian drivers actually bad?
A lot of people think asian drivers are extremely bad a lot of the time why ? ... Who agrees?

I AM NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST , I love asian , indian , african every peopleeeeeeee

I am just curious .
You are half right pal. Yes majority of the asian that just came to the state are bad driver. they brough their bad habit from china to the state. Asian that born in the state or grew up in the state. They are actually better than most of the driver in the state... They can drive.. They car drift.. Drifting seem to be very popular in the state. Guess wat dude. Japanese make it happen OF course The Tokoyo Drift Movie got their idea from japan. The other Hand Majority of the Women in the state regarding to race cant drive jack.. Freaking put their make up on while driving on the fwy.. or in the middle of the traffic, They cause accident.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 09:01 PM   #25
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
LOL...chill out man. They are nice people and I don;t hate them but they really get my nerves up when theire behind the wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 09:14 PM   #26
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i dont hate indians at all since i have some friends that are indian but wow they are the most annoying drivers ever they'll tailgate and they could care less if they hit your car...i cant help but curse at them when they drive...
do you mean indian like native american or like from india?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #27
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
most Asian "WOMEN" can't drive....but my GF is pretty good
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 10:47 PM   #28
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Being Asian myself, I always joke that I only use my car to drive from accident to accident.

There are some of us that are quite decent drivers...and definately some that are not so good.

I think it's really about people being confident and comfortable behind the wheel. The more you drive, and the more confident you are, the more better driver you will be. It seems a lot of immigrant asians that live here in Vancouver don't drive that much. I don't think it's really race dependent.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #29
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Have you guys been to asia and seen the way people drive? When i was in taiwan, they have some crazy intersections that look extremely confusing. Instead of the 4 we have, they sometimes have 6 or 7!! Add a bunch of mopeds to the mix and it's freakin scary!

Over in asia, the bigger the vehicle, the more you have the right of way. lol Also, pedestrians don't have the right of way there. It's reverse from the U.S. If you're walking across the street, you still have to watch out and be very cautious.

I don't really think asians are the worst drivers. I've seen worse. But i do understand why they drive like they do. Well at least the older generation who came from asia. And if you're in chinatown...forgetaboutit. Double parking, triple parking, backing up a whole block for a parking spot etc. It's a war zone!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 11:20 PM   #30
GraphiteBrawler
Elton John Impersonator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Worst drivers = women in SUVs.

This closely followed by teenage girls in used imports.

This is the truest thing I've seen all year.
      06-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #31
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [8.50]
2006 325i  [8.00]
no, its just in your head..........shoot i think everyone else is a worse driver then i am and they probably think the same way....
      06-18-2007, 03:37 AM   #32
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
Have you guys been to asia and seen the way people drive? When i was in taiwan, they have some crazy intersections that look extremely confusing. Instead of the 4 we have, they sometimes have 6 or 7!! Add a bunch of mopeds to the mix and it's freakin scary!

Over in asia, the bigger the vehicle, the more you have the right of way. lol Also, pedestrians don't have the right of way there. It's reverse from the U.S. If you're walking across the street, you still have to watch out and be very cautious.

I don't really think asians are the worst drivers. I've seen worse. But i do understand why they drive like they do. Well at least the older generation who came from asia. And if you're in chinatown...forgetaboutit. Double parking, triple parking, backing up a whole block for a parking spot etc. It's a war zone!
+1

go to hong kong twisties to see the madmen
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 04:05 AM   #33
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I think that in general most USA born and raised asians, indians, or whatever else the race, are fine drivers and that it just comes down to their driving style and habits. I find that usually its the non native US citizens that have the trouble focusing and driving properly. But this is one of those subjects that through my personal experience, I dont think it has to do anything with race or sex becuase here in socal there are tons of different types of people and drivers and I have come across everything from young and old drivers, to males and females, and every race, and my conclusion is that its pretty random. It just has to do with the person.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #34
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
boost nation is right.... but hell. women drivers in SUV's are the worst. you know what i think? That any car you buy, there should be like a training session designated for that vehicle... like if you buy a BMW M3, it should be required that you have like three hours of training and learning about the car,features, and capabilities with someone who knows the car back to front.... at least, thats just an idea.....
      06-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #35
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

i hate women drivers and i hate SUV and pickup drivers because they think they own the road and tail gate me all the time....WTF?!?!?!

35% Formula 1 Ceramic Tints, //M E-Brake handle, //M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #36
DesiGUY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crazy

Garage List
Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i dont hate indians at all since i have some friends that are indian but wow they are the most annoying drivers ever they'll tailgate and they could care less if they hit your car...i cant help but curse at them when they drive...
you are right, pal
I assume, u meant Indian immigrant drivers who are new to America.

Its the same case with all immigrants. Once they spend considerable time(1yr?) behind the wheel, they'll get good at driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #37
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post

never been to taiwan, but i can say that china definitely has the most craziest drivers i've ever seen.

drivers in hk seem to be skillful, but definitely no where as crazy as china. the bus drivers that have routes through the hills are awesome.

in japan, divers seem to be very skillful and courteous.

don't remember much about how they are in indonesia, but i can say our tour bus driver had some mad skills. he could maneuver the bus in the tightest of areas.

back to the states... asians being bad drivers has always been a stereotype. imho, it's unfortunately kind of true. of course this does not go for everybody. but the ones who are bad drivers seem to be the ones who were not raised here. btw... my mom has been hit twice at ranch 99 in cupertino. lol. i've definitely had some close calls in the asian centers.
      06-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #38
kingbriani
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 Honda S2000

Well, over here in NC every redneck in a pickup or SUV thinks he F***ing Dale Earnhardt. Don't get me wrong, the women in SUVs are bad drivers, but the redneck men in SUVs and trucks are a hazard. Swerving around and riding your ass, they think they own the road. And god forbid if they have a "3" sticker in the window, then its on. And the F***ing utility trucks are nearly as bad. I guess these people figure that they can do whatever with the company van/truck. A good rule of thumb is the more ladders hanging on the top, the worse the guys gonna drive. I mean come on, are you seriously that excited about getting to the next place you've gotta hammer some shingles on?
Sport Package, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sunshade, Heated Seats, 6 mt
BBS RG-Rs
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #39
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Well, i think personality reflects a lot on your driving style and in Miami especially the jewish community tends to drive extremely aggressive and un-courteous...since most of my friends are jewish i can say that this is true. I never complain when they drive me around places but let me just say that at one point, he would go double over the speed limit cut a guy off that woulndt let him in the lane and laugh about cutting the guy off...But they arent bad drivers, just aggressive and unkind....In miami the worst driver award goes to HAITIANS...its a known fact if you go to certain parts of town, you can find old toyotas driving next to eachother going 10-15 UNDER the limit. And you can beep and scream but they wont budge, they have no consideration. They also tend to be the ones blatantly running the red lights, not even slowing down for stop signs. And the Haitian women are worst...just imagine it, can anyone from miami chime in and reinforce this statement please?
      06-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #40
twinpsi
女性 ..
South Korea
Rep
Drives: MB E90 335i.

lol .. i think its true at times, but i think people on there cell are the worst. then its elder people, then its asian mothers.
      06-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #41
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
do you mean indian like native american or like from india?
indians from india
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #42
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
on a side note, do you even have asians in Canada?
If you'd ever been to Vancouver you would think all of Canada was Asian.

It depends if they are recent immigrants or are born here. If they are "domestic Asians" then there is no correlation btw the ability to drive and race.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #43
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

If you'd ever been to Alberta, you'd think all of Canada was White.

What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
If you'd ever been to Vancouver you would think all of Canada was Asian.

It depends if they are recent immigrants or are born here. If they are "domestic Asians" then there is no correlation btw the ability to drive and race.
      06-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #44
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Bad drivers exist everywhere. I’ve seen terrible Latino drivers, Terrible Asian drivers, and terrible Jewish drivers and so on. Not all Jews and Asians are bad drivers. But I will tell you this; I’ve had a lot of Asian friends telling me they do not know how to drive. Plain and Simple. A good rule is 95% of the time shitty cars are shitty drivers and Nice cars with Kids driving them are terrible drivers; whatever the race. (Well this is my personal opinion)...