E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > My alignment shop always has cool cars there

09-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
AtlasM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
My alignment shop always has cool cars there

I've had a couple alignments done on my car over the summer, at this old school alignment shop run by a guy named Jim who is only open 8 am to 3 pm Monday thru Thursday. He does everything manually with analog gauges, hand writes receipts, and takes cash only.

The first time I picked up my car there was this 440 Cuda parked next to it.

Today when I dropped off my car he was working on this Olds 442 convertible.

And today when I picked up my car he had moved on to this '49 Ford.

I asked him what’s up with all the old cars and he said that a lot of these guys find him after they take their cars to alignment shops that only use computerized alignment racks, and when they don’t have specs in the computer for the old car they tell them they won’t align the car. He does everything by hand with manual gauges.

So if you need an alignment in Madison, WI and want to have it done by a guy named Jim who probably will also be working on something old and interesting, hit up Accurate Alignment. Just not on Fridays, or after 3 pm.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Cool story!

In the late '90's... I used to hang out at Auto Authority Performance(one of the top chip tuners for Porsche's & BMW's)... anyways... they had this old Bosch alignment machine that used MIRRORS to set the alignment specs. Their alignment machine was from the 60's... and the reason why they kept it so long was it simply did great alignments. They had a high tech set of scales to do corner balancing though.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Sweet
Appreciate 0