E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > GT3 RS tested by Car & Driver

09-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #23
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Thats one thing I've never understood about those brands (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc). You have all these amazing cars but then give the "VIP" consumers first dibs. I can understand if it's a million dollar or high 6 figure car but something that a real car enthusiast can buy, should be for whomever comes in with the check first.

Goes to show they are more client based operation.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 07:50 PM   #24
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Thats one thing I've never understood about those brands (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc). You have all these amazing cars but then give the "VIP" consumers first dibs. I can understand if it's a million dollar or high 6 figure car but something that a real car enthusiast can buy, should be for whomever comes in with the check first.

Yep. Never understood that either. Especially when they give dibs to dipshits like this guy.

I personally do not think it looks good for a brand when they sell an exclusive car to a select few, and then see that within those select few you have assholes like this guy.

Money talks
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #25
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:

Big reason why I've crossed Ferrari off my list. Their policies are ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:13 PM   #26
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:

Most of the favoritism is the dealership. Porsche does have the VIP program but it is up to the dealership to honor it. I just put a deposit down on the 991.2 GT3 at MSRP and I am #1 on the list. However, my dealer explicitly said his dealership will offer the first couple of GT3s to their VIP clients first to keep the relationship (these are people that have bought 20+ cars from them so of course I understand why). I don't mind since I am new to the brand and its a low productions car.

Another dealer is just taking names, no deposit, and does not do the whole VIP thing... first come first serve. Unfortunately, I am already #15 on that list.

The worst are usually big market dealers on the coasts who have explicitly told me that there is no way I'll ever get one at MSRP and that I should just buy used.
Appreciate 0