E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Where to get new headlight lenses?

05-01-2024, 09:16 PM   #1
Peter_Griffin_Gaming
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i ZSP 6MT

Where to get new headlight lenses?

Since it's about to be summertime, I was planning to do some work on my never-ending project '07 328i. Something that's really been bothering me for years at this point is a replacement (passenger side) headlight I installed that just won't stop taking in water, no matter what I try (new covers, sealing up the mount area). So, my idea was to try replacing the lens on my original headlight (which I cracked, hence the replacement), and probably doing the driver's side as well to keep things nice and even.
I realize that replacing these lenses isn't exactly easy, which is why I want to buy quality replacements so that I don't have to do the job again. This leads me to my question--does anybody have suggestions as to were I could get quality lens replacements for the pre-LCI xenon headlights? I'm willing to pay a premium to avoid using sketchy eBay junk.
Someone on this board (https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924254) mentioned a seller called 'bimmerjakes' (also 'MJakes'?), though looking at their eBay feedback indicates that their quality may have slipped a bit.

Any insight is appreciated! If nothing else, I guess I could take the lens off of my current passenger headlight and swap it with the damaged one, but if I'm going to the trouble of doing this job, it'd be nice to have some brand-new lenses.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 01:23 PM   #2
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

Bavgruupe Designs (www.bavgruupedesign.com) advertise replacement lenses. They also have a good FAQ on techniques to remove the existing lenses (including a homemade solvent), and replacement permaseal material to glue the new lenses to the light assembly.

As you have read, it is not an easy job. No affiliation with Bavgruupe, but they have been mentioned before. You might want to consider a projector replacement if you are going to the effort and buying new lenses.

Let us know how it goes. I am looking at the same process.
Appreciate 0