E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > To all you "racers"

06-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #45
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post

unless the manufacture start making the top speed of cars 65mph...the culture is too big to try and put a stop to..

to be honest, i'd rather be out there sharing the road with street racers than drunk drivers or old drivers that don't know what they're doing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post

Murder happens everyday and will probably happen in the future. There is nothing we can do about it. Might as well stop prosecuting the murders. Genocide is a big national event in some country and it has too much moment to be contained; therefore we will do nothing about Darfur. The assumption about all street racers know what they are doing is a dangerous one. I will bet that's probably wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.
That's pretty big leap you took there...

He said, street racing is too big to be eliminated, not that police shouldn't shouldn't try and stop it. Or anything about murderers going free because murder wont stop. Or anything about genocide being ignored because it wont stop. How you connected all that together is beyond me..

He also never said that all street racers know what they're doing, he said that he would rather share the road with them, then drunks and old people. Street racers arent always racing, drunks are always drunk and old people are always old. If those are the options I'd take street racers too. Even though, as I said, street racing is dumb.

You should really pay closer attention before you post.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:41 AM   #46
the.phelp
Rep
Drives: 335i

First, its nice to think that a professional truck driver should stick to the "dont swerve" mantra even though he's suddenly startled by a car suddenly shooting across his bow, but that' not always going to happen. (even professional racers - i.e., those on tracks, where its not completely stupid - jump sometimes). Give the poor guy a break.

Second, the first thing a truck strikes a quartering object with is its TIRE. If you think those fancy chrome "bumpers" do anything in good hit, you're wrong. While it would be nice for truckers to obediently believe that they should'nt swerve because everyone on this post is quite sure they'll simply harmlessly push anything they hit out of the way (hello Hollywood, thanks for another physics lesson!), maybe all those truckers and some of the good people on this post should take a look at my old buddy's Scirocco, which was glanced by a truck who tried to change lanes on him (and couldn't see him because his door window was blocked) and left a nice tire CLIMBING mark going almost to the hood of his car - yes, trucks can go UP, too, people. Sorry, no pictures, that was in 1992 - apparently before they amended the laws of physics. I've also seen a truck with its front tire up and hooked over a jersey wall on a median. Again - give the guy a break and stop acting like you know what happened, why it happened, and what the TRUCK driver should've done to stop it.

To all you racers, sell your bimmer, buy a race car, and see where the real action is at (and stop preaching about the fine points of how other people should drive a rig).
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #47
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

You know I only read the first page of this thread, but it is really sad how people just downplay and laugh at the death of someone. That poor man in the truck probably had a family...children...brothers, sisters. How would you feel if your brother lost his life.

Life is a precious thing...don't mock someone's death.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #48
rs6654
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I have two words for racers... "Vehicular Homicide".

If someone dies as the result of you screwing off in your car you will almost certainly go to prison for many, many, years. Not jail, prison!

For all you left lane enforcers that goes for tailgating too.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #49
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Who cares if he swerved. The kid cut him off and slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting someone else. If those douchebags weren't racing it wouldn't have happened. The irony is the night before racing shut down that highway (same stretch) and sent 11 people to the hospital. A GTI and a civic, so surprising.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #50
DCJAX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Who LOLs about an innocent man dieing in a traffic accident? Driving a semi is not like driving a damn car, if somebody cuts you off it can have disasterous consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0asis View Post
i hope you grow a brain and think about what you're doing and the chain reaction you can cause with your reckless $hit.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/226630

the drivers weren't in bimmers but the article is still valid.
1. You are right.
2. Weaving in and out of traffic is 100 times more dangerous than racing on a deserted road.
3. See #1.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #51
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Canada is going to hell

Driver stabbed on busy detour around fatal highway crash
Victim airlifted from detour route around Highway 400 accident site

One driver allegedly stabbed another on Monday on a gridlocked side road that was being used to divert traffic around a fatal highway crash north of Toronto, police said.

The man, who was stabbed inside his car at about 3:30 p.m. ET, was airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries, Ontario Provincial Police said. South Simcoe Police Service said they have a man in custody.

A fatal accident on Highway 400 on Monday took place midway between highways 88 and 89.
(Dwight Friesen/CBC) Neither police force would confirm if the stabbing was a case of road rage caused by traffic headaches.

The stabbing took place on Canal Road, an arterial road being used to divert motorists around the scene of a late morning tractor-trailer crash that closed a section of Highway 400, about 30 kilometres south of Barrie.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #52
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

This is crazy... in the end I would blame the street racers. Maybe it was an irrational move by the truck driver but who knows what the truck driver was thinking... he's dead RIP. Maybe he tried to divert the truck to avoid more fatal injuries or maybe he was just startled by the racers cutting him off and reacted to avoid the collision.

The moral of a story is that street racing kills... and it could of been avoided. Hope those pieces of s@%t get the book thrown at them!

About the M3 crashed, sorry bro to hear about the loss. Same thing happened to me in my stang... but luckly I survived. Cause of accident was determind to be b/c of ice and snow... But seeing those pics really sent a shiver down my spine!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #53
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
wtf, the charges are puny.

"Two drivers charged with dangerous driving after crash kills transport truck driver"

they are just charged with dangerous driving?
      06-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #54
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.phelp View Post
First, its nice to think that a professional truck driver should stick to the "dont swerve" mantra even though he's suddenly startled by a car suddenly shooting across his bow, but that' not always going to happen. (even professional racers - i.e., those on tracks, where its not completely stupid - jump sometimes). Give the poor guy a break.

Second, the first thing a truck strikes a quartering object with is its TIRE. If you think those fancy chrome "bumpers" do anything in good hit, you're wrong. While it would be nice for truckers to obediently believe that they should'nt swerve because everyone on this post is quite sure they'll simply harmlessly push anything they hit out of the way (hello Hollywood, thanks for another physics lesson!), maybe all those truckers and some of the good people on this post should take a look at my old buddy's Scirocco, which was glanced by a truck who tried to change lanes on him (and couldn't see him because his door window was blocked) and left a nice tire CLIMBING mark going almost to the hood of his car - yes, trucks can go UP, too, people. Sorry, no pictures, that was in 1992 - apparently before they amended the laws of physics. I've also seen a truck with its front tire up and hooked over a jersey wall on a median. Again - give the guy a break and stop acting like you know what happened, why it happened, and what the TRUCK driver should've done to stop it.

To all you racers, sell your bimmer, buy a race car, and see where the real action is at (and stop preaching about the fine points of how other people should drive a rig).
Nice Spec Racer Ford...I know you tow that thing...as do I...we should start a thread on the idiots that do things around us, when we are towing our race cars on the highway...now that would be enlightening.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #55
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
R.I.P to the truck driver...

as much of a dick as 3Xtrem3 is on this subject, i'm affraid he's right...
If i came off like a dick, my bad. What I posted wasnt supposed to defend the racers and blame the trucker. Obviously if they werent racing non of it would have happened. But that dosnt mean the trucker didnt make a bad move (based on info available). Now, saying that a bad move is a bad move does NOT MEAN I AM DISRESPECTING A DEAD FATHER, BROTHER or SON. Canuck lashed out without really thinking about what i was trying to say and automatically assumed I am blaming the trucker and "disrespecting" him. My comments there after were based wholly on his irrational post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.phelp View Post

Another genius here. No one is assuming what happened but rather discussing the matter based on the only information that was provided which is available to all of us. One of the most important rules of trucking is stay straight even if someone cuts you off. Talk to ANY trucker. That dosnt mean when you stay straight that nothing happens. Ofcourse if he hits something is going to happen. But 90% of the time staying straight will save more lives and swerving will endanger the lives of more people then you have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnptel1 View Post
wtf, the charges are puny.

"Two drivers charged with dangerous driving after crash kills transport truck driver"

they are just charged with dangerous driving?
Again not saying that its okay and a bunch of you are gonna think im a dick but, WTF you wanna charge em with??? Murder??? Cus a trucker swerved? As much prove there is about the trucker being a "hero" can be applied to the trucker causing his own death (and one more time, if they hadnt raced it woulda never happened.) but that dosnt mean you dont take other things into account.

Lets say you were driving around 70 or 75 on the highway and you pass a car thats doing 50 and it really startles him and he pulls to the right and lands in a ditch and dies.... should you be tried for murder? I mean come on, you were going over the speed limit, you were breaking the law. So what if the other driver was a rookie and jumped and pulled into the ditch? That dosnt matter. You broke the law and essentially caused him to crash.

Should you or should you not be tried for murder? Manslaughter? Involuntary manslaughter???
      06-21-2007, 12:18 AM   #56
pjkilz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 335i Coupe w/ Aero Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32 View Post
Dumb move by the truck driver lol
wow ur an asshole
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #57
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I saw on the news tonight that Rialto, CA is taking a serious hand in fighting street racing. Today they took 9 modified vehicles that had been impounded for racing and tossed them all into an auto wrecker Some of those found guilty were required to watch their cars get flattened. At least I think they were required, not sure on that point.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #58
Geoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

I agree with 3XTR3M3, the truck driver should've kept straight and let the speeding car run into him, swerving would proly be more dangerous. I could care less if the truck driver ran over the speeding car anyway.
2007 328i Sedan | Jet Black | Black Dakota | Aluminum Trim | Steptronic | Premium | Sport | Comfort Access | Xenon | Logic 7 | Clear Bra | Alarm | Chrome Tips | Black Lines | PIAA 6500K Angel Eyes | Nokya 7000K DRLs
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #59
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0asis View Post
the drivers weren't in bimmers
well right there is the real problem........
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #60
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

California's Solution: The Compactor

Quote "Here's a new way officials are trying to deal with street racers: Crush their beloved cars, in front of them. Leave it to the Inland Empire:

Charles Hoang winced when the whoosh went out of the tires. Daniel Maldonado took pictures with a digital camera as glass exploded and rained down to the ground. The two teens didn’t know each other but they shared a common grief standing near each other under the sweltering sun Wednesday. They both watched helplessly as the cars they had so meticulously souped up and tricked out were crushed and turned into metal pancakes as part of a crackdown on illegal street racing in Southern California. "That’s my heart, my dream," said a visibly upset Hoang, 18, of Chino, who was surrounded by friends as his 1998 Acura Integra was put into a compactor. "That’s my girlfriend, the love of my life. The cops can crush my car, but they can’t crush my memories." Six vehicles were destroyed at an auto graveyard as local law enforcement ramped up enforcement against illegal street racing, which is responsible for or suspected in 13 deaths in Southern California since March. The thrill-seeking, adrenaline-pumping activity is rampant in Riverside and San Bernardino counties east of Los Angeles where rows of tract homes line wide streets ideal for racing. Nearly 1,000 people have been arrested for investigation of street racing activities over the past two years in San Bernardino County alone. That includes spectators as well as drivers. (AP)"
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #61
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

If it was me

... driving the Semi, I'm not swerving for the racers or anyone cutting me off. Your at fault, and I have to choose between a wreck that may tip my semi onto drivers on either side? I'm crushing you like a bug. Too bad for you.

Last edited by NewhouseEnt; 06-21-2007 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #62
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

True 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
if the truck is doing the speed limit, then the mustang pulls in front and speeds off. not even a need for brakes let alone wiping out the center divider and swerving back to the right side.
I know it's a "re-post" but I want to rant too.

Excellent point (above.) A big reason I never freak out about making people wreck when I'm doing some Highway-Tom-Foolery. Why would anyone hit their brakes or do anything at all, except drive like they were originally, just because someone flew by and even jumped in front of them?

Now my question is, does anyone know for a fact whether a lawyer can get one out of fault for the truck drivers death if you were weaving? It would seem the no one did a single thing to that trucker to make him do anything.
What if one is simply speeding then? And your passing someone "makes" them swerve and fly off a 1,000 foot bridge? Is THAT your fault? I'm serious. Anyone?
Appreciate 0