E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Pointless drives...

06-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
pointless drives .... sure I do this often
      06-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #24
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

used to do it all the time in my old e46 330... cant wait to do it in 335, hopefulyl soon :>
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #25
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

^^^^I guess Im exactly the same as the rest of you guys when it comes to driving style too. I drive aggressively but always watchful and courteous to other drivers.....unless they dont find a hard accelerating car next to them courteous haha. No but what I mean is that I always let people switch their lane if they're trying to get over, on PCH when someone is the middle of the road trying to turn into a side street I'll stop for them to turn while others just zoom by. So I mind my driving some what. And the mood and music is deffinetly a factor too.....but I listen to trance/techno 98% of the time Im driving haha....sooo you can kinda figure that one out.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #26
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So am I the only one here who gets up and just drives their car around for absolutley no reason other then driving it. With no particular place to go, no errand to run, nothing...... Just wasting gas and mileage. Im starting to feel like im retarded for doing this becuase I've had my car since march and already I have about 6,600K miles on it! I just cant help it sometimes, I love to drive around PCH and around town and just hear that 335i engine wined itself out and whatever. Im starting to feel like I need to stop these pointless drives that can last an hour or more most the time. Im putting alot of mileage on this thing real quick, and Im going through alot of gas. Maybe when summer school starts next week, I finally get a job, and then a full load of school starts in the fall....maybe then, Im pretty sure then, I'll ease up on this pointless driving because I'll be too busy.

Not to mention that 3 of my best friends are in europe till the 26th, Im not 21 nor do I have ID (if anyone knows where I can get a good one, let me know!!!) so clubs and bars are out of the question, the girl friend (or something like that) is always away so im pretty much g/f less as well.....I try and spend time with my family but I can only do that so much ya know? I go body boarding for HOURS and hours most the time so I get super tired for the rest of my day when I have those beach sessions. So I guess its from lack of things to do then right? Im pretty sure this habit will die down as soon as I get too busy for it. I hope so becuase Im really putting WAY too many miles on it WAY too soon; its unnecessary.
No worries....I do this all the time....I am 36! you have many many years of pointless driving in front of you.

My advice is find a woman as excited about your car as you are!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2007, 11:31 PM   #27
AlanL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix Sports Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpsi View Post
PCH is pacific coast highway .. or the 1 highway. i think it starts from seattle, Washington all the way to San diego, California (someone correct me if im wrong). its called the PCH because its right by the pacific beaches and its just one long road ..
Highway 1 is a California state highway which follows right along the coastline from San Diego up to just north of Fort Bragg. US Highway 101 is close to the coastline and does go all the way from San Diego to the Canadian border but does go inland for quite a bit of the route - especially north of the Santa Barbara area. CA Hwy 1 is much nicer for twisties and scenery.

US 99 is also refered to as Pacific Coast Highway in some places but is much farther inland yet and for the most part is the route that I-5 presently follows from San Diego up to the Canadian Border.

I have driven almost all of each of those roads from San Diego to Canada now and my favorite is CA Hwy 1 for it's length and then move over to US 101 to continue the journey to Canada.
      06-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #28
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthebeans View Post
No worries....I do this all the time....I am 36! you have many many years of pointless driving in front of you.

My advice is find a woman as excited about your car as you are!
hahaha thatsa good idea.... ive brainwashed my current GF.... anytime i ask her whats her favorite car: she screams BMW.... god i love the way she sais it with her spanish accent. hahah sometimes i set her up making her think im not there and have a friend call and just talk and ask: so what is your favorite car... she sais BMW immidiately, no thinking.... its now a natural reaction for her ahhahahah

she knows not to come in between me and my car. but once again. she doesnt know anything about cars for christ sakes! dont matter, as long as she keeps saying BMW.... i have no problem
      06-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #29
Sal329
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 Pontiac G8 GT

When I lived in FL I would get in my car drive A1A from my house sometimes all the way down to Ft Lauderdale (30-40 miles). It was very nice and relaxing.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #30
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
hahaha thatsa good idea.... ive brainwashed my current GF.... anytime i ask her whats her favorite car: she screams BMW.... god i love the way she sais it with her spanish accent. hahah sometimes i set her up making her think im not there and have a friend call and just talk and ask: so what is your favorite car... she sais BMW immidiately, no thinking.... its now a natural reaction for her ahhahahah

she knows not to come in between me and my car. but once again. she doesnt know anything about cars for christ sakes! dont matter, as long as she keeps saying BMW.... i have no problem
Hahaha yea same here, only no spanish accent, though that'd be sexy as hell haha. I remember letting my g/f drive my e46 and I would keep throwing the step tronic down a gear and she'd be like STOP.... HAHA it was so funny cuz she'd be all focused and trying not to crash and both of her hands just griping the wheel and then I'd be like hmmmm.....she needs to experience a bmw a little better then this, so i'd drop the gear down and she'd get all nervous hahah.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #31
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Wow, I though iI was the only one that did this. I just take this joy rides around town, and drive and drive and drive. I go thorugh different scenieries, and ambients, different music. It is kind of relaxing to drive my car. I just, out of nowhere get the keys, celphone and wallet, and just hop in my 330i and drive around, pointless driving, just wasting gas. I have 11k kilometers in my car, which is about 7k miles, since last June, but really I started driving my car on August, because of my family vcation for a month. Its been a good year, with my BMW, and I still love it, except for the damn paint which annoys me. I think, that out of those 11k kilometers, or 7k miles, more than half of it, has been pointless driving. Also, when I am mad I take it on my car driving very aggresively and redlining and disregarding the potholes on the street, lhtough this is not often I still do it, lol.. My style of driving is aggresive, I always do hard accelerations, redlining very often, I take the curves as fast as the tires would start to screech. I cant wait for my next delivery of a BMW.
Appreciate 0