E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Who taught you to drive?

06-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with wheels

Who taught you to drive?

Click on the link below and see if you learned from one of the best!

Relearn to Drive

Last edited by I-Won-Today; 06-20-2007 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Hahahah I click on the first one and the guy goes... "This isn't South Florida, son!" hahbahahahhahahaha

I told you guys, s. florida is the worst!

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

lmao...i have to agree
      06-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
ahahahahahaha.....

yielding is for queers....
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

lol thats funny!

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

BMW UNVEILS NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN FOR BMW PERFORMANCE DRIVING SCHOOL
06/18/2007

"Relearn to Drive" Encourages Drivers to Consider New Skills Needed for Today
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - June 18, 2007... With a new campaign featuring offbeat characters from driving lessons past, BMW of North America will encourage drivers to consider how times have changed since their first lesson - and who taught them. With elements such as an independent, non-branded micro-site and viral videos, BMW of North America tackles more than just what car to drive as it launches "Relearn to Drive," a creative campaign for the BMW Performance Driving School in Spartanburg, South Carolina, with Austin-based GSD&M. The campaign, which begins Tuesday, June 19, aims to bring the BMW Performance Driving School to life by posing the question, "Who taught you to drive?" The campaign will drive people to visit www.RelearnToDrive.com, which is centered on the idea that much of what drivers originally learned was incorrect or no longer applies, and the BMW Performance Driving School is the place to right those wrongs.

The campaign will appear in select auto and lifestyle publications, such as Roundel, Autoweek and Road and Track; online via driving enthusiast sites, such as AutoWeek.com and RacingSchools.com; video sites, including YouTube and Google Video; and on postcards distributed at BMW events nationwide this summer. The campaign will also appear in The Onion - in print and online - as part of a sponsorship.

The "Relearn to Drive" web site features videos of nine eccentric, over-the-top characters that capture the multitude of ways people may have been taught to drive, including several listed below:
* Mom insists that her son must always use two feet when driving, despite what his father tells him;
* Dad, nervous with clipboard and checklist in hand, gives his son a strict lesson;
* Grandpa, dressed in his old military uniform, says it's time teach his grandson to be a man, and driving a car is "just like driving a submarine - except the car isn't packed with torpedoes;"

Visitors to the site will also be able to send humorous email postcards with video to friends and family - customized with a link to the video or just the video - letting them know that perhaps their driving could use some work. In a separate section of the web site, information and high-quality video footage of the BMW Performance Driving School in action will be available.

The goal of the campaign is to raise awareness of the BMW Performance Center and BMW Performance Driving School - a 134-acre, state-of-the-art driving facility equipped with closed courses, water walls, a skid pad and an off-road course - as the embodiment of the BMW brand experience for minimal financial commitment. The Driving School offers several programs, including one- and two-day Driving Schools, one- and two-day Teen Driving schools, one- and two-day M Schools for high-performance driving, and an Advanced M School at the Virginia International Raceway to learn highly aggressive driving techniques on professional courses.

"Many drivers on the road today have not considered just how times - and cars - have changed since they learned to drive, and this campaign will serve as an entertaining wake-up call that perhaps we could all stand to learn something new," said Jack Pitney, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America. "Increasing awareness of the programs we offer at the BMW Performance Driving School will let people know there is a fun way to hone those skills we all may have to use one day, no matter what kind of car they drive."

"BMW's commitment to great ideas goes beyond engineering the best automobiles - they're dedicated to improving the entire driving experience," said John McGrath, Vice President of Communications for GSD&M. "This interactive campaign is a humorous look at how most of us got started behind the wheel and highlights the opportunity to relearn those skills and upgrade the pleasure of driving."
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

I learned from the best...

Toonces!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by MoreCowbell; 06-19-2007 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

I did, I did!!!

Thanks for the link Jonathan. Say "Hi!" to everyone at the Performance Center for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

lol
      06-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep

That was a good idea, it was pretty funny.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #11
shragon
No_Country
Rep

lol that's a clever ad campaign.
      06-20-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

"Go tounces, go tounces, go touonces, go!!" (to the tune of Speed Racer)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #13
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
I did, I did!!!

Thanks for the link Jonathan. Say "Hi!" to everyone at the Performance Center for me.
You're welcome STE92VE! I will tell everyone you said hello.

BTW... Grandpa is the one I learned from. He was finally able to rig a couple of torpedos on the car for me.

Appreciate 0