E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Unbelievable

11-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #23
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
blue2fire, How do you like your Porsche? or you just like the picture? I am just asking since I see you are a loyal BMW Member
I dont have a 911, just moving to a Cayman imminently. I think the evolution just looks great, you can lose yourself in it for a minute or two. About the BMW, it is a good car but the E90 is getting on a bit.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #24
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
Say what you want but drinking at lunch time in Europe is common place. I worked for Kodak for 25 years and when in France they actually had 1/5th's of wine for sale in the cafeteria ON THE PREMISES RUN BY KODAK Pathe' !!! We used ot down a fifth bertween 2 of us then go have a few espressos, then back to work !! First couple of times for me I had trouble staying awake even after all that caffeine !!

So the drinking part should not be a real issue here...... the pot on the other hand .....

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #25
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Why do people keep bringing up CEO's doing coke? That has nothing to do with this. ANYBODY drinking or doing drugs on the job is worthless IMO. I'm an R.T. at a regional hospital and I can somehow make it through an entire day without once sipping a beer or toking a pipe. Amazing huh! Stop making excuses for these low-lifes.

This is a Union problem, not a Chrysler problem. Chrysler shouldn't have to send people after their workers on their lunch breaks to make sure they aren't getting lit. And these are the same pieces of crap that only have jobs because we funded them!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #26
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
Why do people keep bringing up CEO's doing coke? That has nothing to do with this. ANYBODY drinking or doing drugs on the job is worthless IMO. I'm an R.T. at a regional hospital and I can somehow make it through an entire day without once sipping a beer or toking a pipe. Amazing huh! Stop making excuses for these low-lifes.

This is a Union problem, not a Chrysler problem. Chrysler shouldn't have to send people after their workers on their lunch breaks to make sure they aren't getting lit. And these are the same pieces of crap that only have jobs because we funded them!
Sorry man not making excuses just saying its more common then people think... Its flat out disgusting..

My Dad was laughing because the news crew ran up on them and those works ran away to work on cars high.... The news crew should have called the cops.. Then ran up on the workers.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i honestly cant help but feel like that was staged...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92PAT View Post
i honestly cant help but feel like that was staged...
It seems that way to me too. The whole thing just seems like really bad acting from everyone.

None of them noticed news crews filming them for days, including inside the liquor stores? No one noticed the news crew until the reporter was walking up to them? Come on now...
      11-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioaltec View Post
Now u know why American cars are so unreliable
Look up the JDPower ratings before saying something like that please. A vast majority of American marques are well above BMW in the reliability department.
Appreciate 0