E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Such a joke...

11-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #23
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

Actually, I've seen more reviews where the Fiesta comes in ahead of the Fit, but while many of the reviews have the Fiesta at number 1, there are also some that have it behind other cars (like C&D I believe who had it behind the Mazda 2 and the Fit, and it got beat pretty badly).

The only thing I'd worry about with the Fiesta is that some comparisons have ended up with absolute dogs of examples for whatever reason. They're turning out numbers on acceleration that suggest the engine isn't doing its due diligence and that the traction control systems (always on) are obscenely intrusive.

But, overall, I think I'd have to say the Fiesta has done very well in comparos so far. One big thing to think of is space. If you don't need it, that takes away the Fit's strogest attribute. If you do need it, well... The Fit has it.

I'm considering a Fiesta as a DD right now actually. I'd have to say its optional leather interior, and interior in general, is well above others at that price point. It's a good car for the price, and has plenty of available features. However, it's a bit of a dog. I'm kinda pissed that Ford didn't bring an Ecoboost version over. That would make it an excellent car.
I've seen Motor Trend and Car & Driver award Second to the Fiesta. The Mazda is actually a bit unloved for some reason, it was third as saw it.

Logically, the Fiesta should win this with all the extras it has over the Fit like it's DCT Gearbox and the Sync system but it seems to be less than the sum of all it's parts. If you want a second car that looks good with a well furnished interior and has good NVH, the Fiesta is probably better but there might be a case made for the Fit otherwise.

There is enough money for everyone, really. Any competition will only make future Fit's/Fiesta's better.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #24
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
There is enough money for everyone, really. Any competition will only make future Fit's/Fiesta's better.
I think this is really good, and I hope Americans see that these B-segment cars can really be somewhat refined and well-optioned, without being a penalty box on wheels.... I just wish Ford would have given the Fiesta some balls and the ability to manipulate the DCT or 6 speeds in the MT.

Hopefully we'll see an ST or RS or something of the sort before too long. The current engine is the car's weakest point by far IMO.
Appreciate 0