E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > This is what happens when you get stupid...

03-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #45
rsjames
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Montego Blue

OK, some of you will ignore this post because I'm new to this forum - been lurking a bit while I wait on my 335i sedan to arrive (in Bremerhaven last time I checked).

New to this forum I may be. New to driving and car forums in general I am not. So understand this, and believe it:

Street racers are pussies. They are little pantywaists who don't have the balls to prove themselves against real drivers, on real racetracks, whether it is a dragstrip, road course or oval. They race some dildo in a lesser car and chalk up their kill to their superior driving skills. Get this: you have no skills.

If you want to race, do it on the track or the autocross course. And shut the hell up about racing being too expensive. If you can afford a BMW, you can afford to buy a real race car, go to racing school and have way more fun in a much safer environment than street racing

Blasting down canyon roads is one thing. Same with triple digits on a fairly empty interstate. If something goes wrong, chances are you're not hurting anyone but yourself. Doing 80mph on a city street where the speed limit is 40 or 50 is just moronic.

//M owns you, I'm sorry for your loss. It sucks to lose a friend, no matter what the circumstances. But hopefully you and your friends learned a lesson. Hopefully those parents who might have bought their inexperienced kids high-powered cars learned a lesson as well. As I drive by Tesoro High School each morning, where many kids from Coto de Caza go to school (OC people will know what I'm talking about), I see high school kids driving Vettes, Mustang GTs and M3s and wonder WTF those parents were thinking.

SoCal335i, you say you know how to drive... what racing school did you go to? How many REAL races, not street races, have you won? I may not be the fastest guy - I'm not expecting any calls from Tom Milner or Roger Penske any time soon - but I've had real training and been coached by professionals. And I'm not stupid enough to race someone on the street.

Just in case I didn't make myself clear: If you race on the streets, you're a pussy. And everyone knows it but you.

I'd say I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I'm not. This a serious issue, and people are dying - and not just the idiots racing, but innocent drivers as well.

If you want to race, go to a sanctioned racing event. Until then, STFU about your "skills."

Richard
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #46
NewBMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
They only know you're speedin if you tell them or if you leave marks from slamming on your brakes. I know the law better than 90% of you. Thats why i get 10 tickets a year and get charged with none. Only thing on my record is my .09 BAC DUI. Im not a tasteless jerk i just like to drive fast. If you bitches dont like it then come see me and ill buy you a bus pass.
Wow, your knowledge of the law must be extensive. Congratulations - happy speeding, drinking, and racing! Your mother must be so proud.

Oh, please note sarcasm.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #47
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBMW View Post
Wow, your knowledge of the law must be extensive. Congratulations - happy speeding, drinking, and racing! Your mother must be so proud.

Oh, please note sarcasm.
Well noted dick. If you noticed i put up my BAC, .09. I had a beer and a half pulled out of the bar driveway and got pulled over for no front license plate and then arrested for DUI. I must be a big time Alky... As for rsjames' comments i never said to be a professional race car driver you pussy but ive been racing my cars on tracks and i used to take my car at least once to twice a month to the El mirage dry lakes and run my car to its limits and trust me go do that and you wil know exactly what your car can and cannot do. I think you guys misunderstand what im sayin and now your butthurt, its ok i dont care what you think cause a lot of the people on here are dumb and cant think at all. My best friend died in a car crash like i said in an integ and he was the passenger, the driver didnt know how to drive stick, dropped into 2nd gear on accident going down a curvy hill and lost it. I speed where i can and i dont do it with people in my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #48
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

This is a very sad story that could have been avoided. Street racing is a very big problem and even though there is legislation to curb the practice, you can't legislate stupidity.

After reading the article, maybe the OP can answer this question since he knew the participant. It mentioned that the 2 girls were picked up by the guys in the Mercedes. Why were they riding in the BMW then?

I hope the girls have a speedy recovery. My kids were taught not to get into a car with someone who behaves in an irresponsible manner. These girls were lucky this time. Maybe they will learn from their mistake.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #49
themonotron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 AW

OH man I live locally in Irvine, and Ive seen his car before, and some of my friends knew him. Real Sad, RIP.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #50
Corey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '92 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjames View Post
Blasting down canyon roads is one thing. Same with triple digits on a fairly empty interstate. If something goes wrong, chances are you're not hurting anyone but yourself. Doing 80mph on a city street where the speed limit is 40 or 50 is just moronic.
How is this any different? You can't see if someone is coming when you're speeding around a blind corner. Driving 120 on a freeway is illegal whether you're completely alone or not. Speed limits were put in place for a reason. I don't understand how you can say that and then turn around and say street racers are "pussies" like you're so high and mighty. You are both doing it for the same reason: you want to drive fast. And you're both breaking the law.

-Corey
FCSCC Rookie School
Skip Barber Racing School
ES Trophy (91 SW20)

"You're going to have your heart broken, and you're gonna repair it with zipties."
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #51
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Well noted dick. If you noticed i put up my BAC, .09. I had a beer and a half pulled out of the bar driveway and got pulled over for no front license plate and then arrested for DUI. I must be a big time Alky... As for rsjames' comments i never said to be a professional race car driver you pussy but ive been racing my cars on tracks and i used to take my car at least once to twice a month to the El mirage dry lakes and run my car to its limits and trust me go do that and you wil know exactly what your car can and cannot do. I think you guys misunderstand what im sayin and now your butthurt, its ok i dont care what you think cause a lot of the people on here are dumb and cant think at all. My best friend died in a car crash like i said in an integ and he was the passenger, the driver didnt know how to drive stick, dropped into 2nd gear on accident going down a curvy hill and lost it. I speed where i can and i dont do it with people in my car.
oh really? well if you really knew the law like you claim you would know there a billion and one ways to delay a breathalizer without actually refusing it (which would result in a suspended license and possible jail time) you could have delayed it for several hours and blown clean, but you DONT know the law worth shit
      03-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #52
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjames View Post
OK, some of you will ignore this post because I'm new to this forum - been lurking a bit while I wait on my 335i sedan to arrive (in Bremerhaven last time I checked).

New to this forum I may be. New to driving and car forums in general I am not. So understand this, and believe it:

Street racers are pussies. They are little pantywaists who don't have the balls to prove themselves against real drivers, on real racetracks, whether it is a dragstrip, road course or oval. They race some dildo in a lesser car and chalk up their kill to their superior driving skills. Get this: you have no skills.

If you want to race, do it on the track or the autocross course. And shut the hell up about racing being too expensive. If you can afford a BMW, you can afford to buy a real race car, go to racing school and have way more fun in a much safer environment than street racing

//M owns you, I'm sorry for your loss. It sucks to lose a friend, no matter what the circumstances. But hopefully you and your friends learned a lesson. Hopefully those parents who might have bought their inexperienced kids high-powered cars learned a lesson as well. As I drive by Tesoro High School each morning, where many kids from Coto de Caza go to school (OC people will know what I'm talking about), I see high school kids driving Vettes, Mustang GTs and M3s and wonder WTF those parents were thinking.

SoCal335i, you say you know how to drive... what racing school did you go to? How many REAL races, not street races, have you won? I may not be the fastest guy - I'm not expecting any calls from Tom Milner or Roger Penske any time soon - but I've had real training and been coached by professionals. And I'm not stupid enough to race someone on the street.

Just in case I didn't make myself clear: If you race on the streets, you're a pussy. And everyone knows it but you.

I'd say I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I'm not. This a serious issue, and people are dying - and not just the idiots racing, but innocent drivers as well.

If you want to race, go to a sanctioned racing event. Until then, STFU about your "skills."

Richard

Dude, love your passion---but if your basic message was that street racers can kill people and you want that to stop, may I suggest you say that rather than throwing around names and attacking people? Just MHOP, but you may have come across as a little condescending? Maybe not, but I would hate to see your message lost because people got turned off by how you delivered it, thats all.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #53
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
oh really? well if you really knew the law like you claim you would know there a billion and one ways to delay a breathalizer without actually refusing it (which would result in a suspended license and possible jail time) you could have delayed it for several hours and blown clean, but you DONT know the law worth shit
Every state has different DWI/DUI laws. This is from NYS DMV and also a note from a DWI/DUI defense attorney:

FROM NYS DMV
Q WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I REFUSE TO TAKE THE CHEMICAL TEST?
A If you refuse a chemical test for BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), your license will be suspended at arraignment in court, and revoked for at least one year (second offense, 18 months) at a Department of Motor Vehicles hearing. You will also be subject to a civil penalty of $500 (second offense, $750). A driver under 21 years old who refuses to take a chemical test under the Zero Tolerance Law is subject to a 1-year license revocation and a $300 civil penalty. The penalties and fines for refusing to submit to a chemical test are separate from, and in addition to, the penalties and fines for alcohol or drug-related convictions.

FROM DEFENSE ATTORNEY
WARNING! If you refused to take a breath, blood or urine test after being arrested for DUI / DWI in New York, or if the results of your test were above the New York's prohibited alcohol level, your license may be at risk of being suspended if you do not take appropriate action to demand an administrative hearing within 10 business days after your DWI arrest. It is critical to consult with a qualified New York DWI Lawyer before deciding this issue, since taking or refusing the test is an important and complicated decision following a drunk driving arrest.

Bottom line is that if you get pulled over for DWI/DUI, don't do anything without legal representation.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #54
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Every state has different DWI/DUI laws. This is from NYS DMV and also a note from a DWI/DUI defense attorney:

FROM NYS DMV
Q WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I REFUSE TO TAKE THE CHEMICAL TEST?
A If you refuse a chemical test for BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), your license will be suspended at arraignment in court, and revoked for at least one year (second offense, 18 months) at a Department of Motor Vehicles hearing. You will also be subject to a civil penalty of $500 (second offense, $750). A driver under 21 years old who refuses to take a chemical test under the Zero Tolerance Law is subject to a 1-year license revocation and a $300 civil penalty. The penalties and fines for refusing to submit to a chemical test are separate from, and in addition to, the penalties and fines for alcohol or drug-related convictions.

FROM DEFENSE ATTORNEY
WARNING! If you refused to take a breath, blood or urine test after being arrested for DUI / DWI in New York, or if the results of your test were above the New York's prohibited alcohol level, your license may be at risk of being suspended if you do not take appropriate action to demand an administrative hearing within 10 business days after your DWI arrest. It is critical to consult with a qualified New York DWI Lawyer before deciding this issue, since taking or refusing the test is an important and complicated decision following a drunk driving arrest.

Bottom line is that if you get pulled over for DWI/DUI, don't do anything without legal representation.

did you uhh even read what i wrote?

Quote:
      03-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #55
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
did you uhh even read what i wrote?
I sure did...I was just verifying (supporting) your statements.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #56
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
I sure did...I was just verifying your statements.
oh i wasnt sure it could go either way, it seemed like you posted that to say "no dont refuse it youll get wtf-pwned by the po po, and i was thinking, wtf didnt i just say specifically not to refuse it but that you can delay it

but yea thats the most common thing, to delay it by requesting council be present or to contact them to know your rights, of course thats going to take a while
      03-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #57
The Cleaner
Thats all you need to know.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 , 2016 X5

The good news here is that those that think this stuff is cool will grow out of it.

If any street racer was actually any good they would not be trying to race on the street. Most are posers anyway the few that aren't posers get lumped in with the posers anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #58
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

If anyone reading this thread is stopped for DUI/DWI and relies on the legal advice in this thread will be in for a big surprise.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #59
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
If anyone reading this thread is stopped for DUI/DWI and relies on the legal advice in this thread will be in for a big surprise.
If you consider yourself a member of this community and have the wellbeing of the members at heart, instead of making a comment like that, why don't you offer some guidance and help out the poor soul who gets stopped for a DWI/DUI.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #60
rsjames
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesier1111 View Post
Dude, love your passion---but if your basic message was that street racers can kill people and you want that to stop, may I suggest you say that rather than throwing around names and attacking people? Just MHOP, but you may have come across as a little condescending? Maybe not, but I would hate to see your message lost because people got turned off by how you delivered it, thats all.
Sorry, I didn't mean to attack anyone, with the exception of the person who said he'll keep racing and if he kills someone, so what. I don't believe I'm alone in doing so, either.

Richard
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #61
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
If you consider yourself a member of this community and have the wellbeing of the members at heart, instead of making a comment like that, why don't you offer some guidance and help out the poor soul who gets stopped for a DWI/DUI.
Maybe for a fee? ....Just kidding.

Probably doesn't want to be perceived that he's promoting drinking and driving by giving advise on how to handle a DUI/DWI after getting caught. Legal protocol?

What's up lawdude? Speakith.

Maybe he's thinking about law school or in his first year? May still be learning.
      03-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #62
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
The best advice I can give you right now is not to trust blanket statements of law. Each state has its own DUI/DWI law and I wouldn't presume to give specific advice. However, I will say that as a general rule most states have some form of implied consent law that says something to the effect that by accepting a driver's license, once arrested for DUI/DWI, the driver has consented to take the state test of his blood, breath, urine or other bodily substance. The person arrested for DUI/DWI has no right to legal counsel prior to administration of such test and will probably be written up for refusing the test if he tries to delay. License suspensions for refusing the test are usually more severe than suspensions for a first time DUI/DWI conviction.

Those dispensing legal advice on this board need to stick to what they know best - which, as far as I can tell from the majority of their posts, amounts to blowing smoke out their ass.

The above is not legal advice and should not be relied on if you are arrested for an under the influence offense. You should consult the best ass-kicking DUI lawyer in your state.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #63
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
oh i wasnt sure it could go either way, it seemed like you posted that to say "no dont refuse it youll get wtf-pwned by the po po, and i was thinking, wtf didnt i just say specifically not to refuse it but that you can delay it

but yea thats the most common thing, to delay it by requesting council be present or to contact them to know your rights, of course thats going to take a while
Obviously you have never been stopped for a driving under the influence situation moron. There is no delay with ventura county cops, if you dont take the breathalizer at the scene they take you to the station and give you 2 options, 1. take a blood test, i would never let some jailhouse doc stick a needle in me but you probably would cause you are an idiot. 2. get your license completely suspended for a year. Thats why i did the breath test. Please dont open your mouth about things you dont know, like racing and DUI stops. Contribute what you know or you will sound like the moron that you obviously are. Oh and just for you i was dissmised of a speeding ticket today (70 in a 40mph zone) at the van nuys court house(3rd speeding ticket this year, No-show cop as usual).
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #64
rsjames
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
How is this any different? You can't see if someone is coming when you're speeding around a blind corner. Driving 120 on a freeway is illegal whether you're completely alone or not. Speed limits were put in place for a reason. I don't understand how you can say that and then turn around and say street racers are "pussies" like you're so high and mighty. You are both doing it for the same reason: you want to drive fast. And you're both breaking the law.

-Corey
FCSCC Rookie School
Skip Barber Racing School
ES Trophy (91 SW20)
Agreed - driving 120mph on the interstate isn't a good idea either. And if you're enjoying a canyon road, stay on your side. That comment probably tempered my point, but doing those things is less likely (although it doesn't rule it out) to involve someone else in your stupidity. I don't drive 100mph on the freeway, although I do enjoy a brisk drive down a windy road - but I'm not doing 10/10ths, or even 9/10ths, when I'm doing it. I firmly believe in leaving the 10/10ths driving for the track or the autocross course.

Richard
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #65
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Obviously you have never been stopped for a driving under the influence situation moron.

i got called a moron for NOT driving drunk

im sorry but thats just funny
      03-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #66
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
i got called a moron for NOT driving drunk

im sorry but thats just funny
no... you just got called a moron for being one. thats all.
Appreciate 0