E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Trenta?? How much coffee do people need?

01-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Trenta?? How much coffee do people need?

I just read this and I don't know what to say. Are there really people out there that said to themselves 1 Venti is just not enough? I need 31 ounces of coffee?!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP15fe...33fbfe442.html
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I spend too many hours a day sitting in Sbux studying. But when they did have the trenta I actually never saw anybody get an iced coffee. In fact, most people dont even get coffee. Just fatasses getting caramel blah blah blah blah with extra fucken whipcream and sprinkles.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

This might be good - I was thinking I should limit myself to two coffee's a day
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

I got a french press. I am so addicted to this stupid french press coffee it is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I got a french press. I am so addicted to this stupid french press coffee it is ridiculous.
I love coffee. Starbucks is crap. Any coffee you purchase from sbux and press tastes like a cup of crap.

If you're going to french press you need....
a) good beans
b) fresh grind
c) Coarse, even grind
d) Proper temperature water so you dont burn the beans
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I spend too many hours a day sitting in Sbux studying. But when they did have the trenta I actually never saw anybody get an iced coffee. In fact, most people dont even get coffee. Just fatasses getting caramel blah blah blah blah with extra fucken whipcream and sprinkles.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
The word you are looking for is, "Crapuccino"
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
The word you are looking for is, "Crapuccino"
No no. I would bet money most customers wouldn't even know what a cappuccino or late is. It needs to be a machiato. What the fuck is a machiato you ask? I dont know. According to literature its somewhere between a bigmac and milkshake.

Starbucks success has nothing to do with their coffee.

Somebody ship me some intelligentsia, NOW.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
No no. I would bet money most customers wouldn't even know what a cappuccino or late is. It needs to be a machiato. What the fuck is a machiato you ask? I dont know. According to literature its somewhere between a bigmac and milkshake.

Starbucks success has nothing to do with their coffee.

Somebody ship me some intelligentsia, NOW.
LOL... If you need some bad, PM me your address. They sell it at chain grocery stores here.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
LOL... If you need some bad, PM me your address. They sell it at chain grocery stores here.
Thats crazy. Are they anal about roast dates and changing up stock or are they kinda just "Lets see how long it takes to clear these $15 bags of espresso off the shelves"?

I used to a great roaster near my house in NY along with a couple shops that carried most of the "top" roasters. Out here its dismal when it comes to coffee. I feel like its just not worth it to spend $20+ a pound to have it shipped to me.

Which is sad. I've got a MDX grinder and La Pavoni Pro sitting on the counter collecting dust at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Thats crazy. Are they anal about roast dates and changing up stock or are they kinda just "Lets see how long it takes to clear these $15 bags of espresso off the shelves"? .
I too was surprised when I first saw it in the store and asked about that very thing. Supposedly they keep an eye on it and rotate it it out after a week if it hasn't sold. FWIW, it's far from a huge display (small rounder) and it's stocked on Sundays (when I typically do my grocery shopping) so it works out for me. I've been back to the store on a Tues/Wed and it's usually all gone by then. So they aren't flooding the shelves with it by any means.

I know what you mean about needing some proper coffee though. When I was in LA I'd frequently drive from the west side to the Silverlake intelligentsia (pretty good haul) to get some coffee on a Saturday mornings. Once I got there, I'd have to fight for parking and then wait in line for 20 minutes before I could order, but it was always worth it.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I too was surprised when I first saw it in the store and asked about that very thing. Supposedly they keep an eye on it and rotate it it out after a week if it hasn't sold. FWIW, it's far from a huge display (small rounder) and it's stocked on Sundays (when I typically do my grocery shopping) so it works out for me. I've been back to the store on a Tues/Wed and it's usually all gone by then. So they aren't flooding the shelves with it by any means.

I know what you mean about needing some proper coffee though. When I was in LA I'd frequently drive from the west side to the Silverlake intelligentsia (pretty good haul) to get some coffee on a Saturday mornings. Once I got there, I'd have to fight for parking and then wait in line for 20 minutes before I could order, but it was always worth it.
Not bad, and definitely convenient. I lived about 20 minutes from Coffee Lab Roasters in Tarrytown NY. Had to pay $5 or so to cross a bridge. I'd make a once a week trip to have some coffee and pick up a pound or 2.

Good coffee is worth a little extra work. Most people have never had it and dont understand it. When you can have a shitty palate and still pick out fruit undertones chocolate hues, you've found your place.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
probably 8-10 cups
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

A venti is enough to get me going in the morning but I need it to start my day.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #15
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

I'd rather just drink a Monster BFC to be honest. That way you can die for less.
      01-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I think a trenta iced coffee would give me heart palpitations. But I also like sbux iced tea and trenta would be good for that.
Appreciate 0